Princess doc's package - when did it change????

Travelbug 2

I have not cruised with Princess since Sept' 2006. Today I picked up the documents for an upcoming Princess cruise from my T/A and what a surprise I got. Everything was in letter size paper form including the passage contract. No more Princess wallet or little booklet called "Travel documents and Passage contract" with all info' such as tickets, transfers, travel itinerary, # of formal days, dining info' etc etc. Everything was loose and placed in a "stiff paper" T/A's wallet/folder that I would have to put an elastic band round to keep it closed! I admit everything is there including boarding passes, luggage tags, e tickets for flights. No transfer forms but T/A said everything is on the print out of the travel summary ( this was also enclosed ) and we will be informed about transfers from ship to airport a couple of days before disembarkation.

Is this for real or is my T/A doing things very differently? This pales in comparison to the very nice presentation that HAL provides and the "not as nice but very compact" package I got from Princess 2 yrs ago. It used to be fun to receive "the package" nicely presented. Now I have to sort through all this paper and I will probably use an old (but still serviceable) HAL or Princess wallet to keep it all safe and in some kind of order. The cruise answer book was given to me separately.

Can someone please tell me what has happened -- is it Princess or my T/A that have made the changes?? If it is my T/A then I think a call to Princess would be in order.

The doc's dance is no fun any more!!!

I have not cruised with Princess since Sept' 2006. Today I picked up the documents for an upcoming Princess cruise from my T/A and what a surprise I got. Everything was in letter size paper form including the passage contract. No more Princess wallet or little booklet called "Travel documents and Passage contract" with all info' such as tickets, transfers, travel itinerary, # of formal days, dining info' etc etc. Everything was loose and placed in a "stiff paper" T/A's wallet/folder that I would have to put an elastic band round to keep it closed! I admit everything is there including boarding passes, luggage tags, e tickets for flights. No transfer forms but T/A said everything is on the print out of the travel summary ( this was also enclosed ) and we will be informed about transfers from ship to airport a couple of days before disembarkation.

Is this for real or is my T/A doing things very differently? This pales in comparison to the very nice presentation that HAL provides and the "not as nice but very compact" package I got from Princess 2 yrs ago. It used to be fun to receive "the package" nicely presented. Now I have to sort through all this paper and I will probably use an old (but still serviceable) HAL or Princess wallet to keep it all safe and in some kind of order. The cruise answer book was given to me separately.

Can someone please tell me what has happened -- is it Princess or my T/A that have made the changes?? If it is my T/A then I think a call to Princess would be in order.

Changed by Princess about 2 years ago.

As has been said, this has been the case for at least a couple of years. Maybe I'm getting used to it but I actually prefer being able to print out my boarding pass and that's all I really need. I do print out my cruise travel summary but that's for my records. I got my HAL envelope loaded with junk over a week ago and I'll probably ditch everything except the little booklet. I don't want to carry a big, heavy envelope and stuff.

As has been said, this has been the case for at least a couple of years. Maybe I'm getting used to it but I actually prefer being able to print out my boarding pass and that's all I really need. I do print out my cruise travel summary but that's for my records. I got my HAL envelope loaded with junk over a week ago and I'll probably ditch everything except the little booklet. I don't want to carry a big, heavy envelope and stuff.

I'm with you on this one Pam. I don't miss all that extra stuff that needed a folder or huge envelope to carry around. The new way of receiving douments works great for us. Print it off online, and we're done. Passport, any records that need to be brought with us, like passport, and I am ready to travel. So much simplier than having to have all those extra booklets and such. Save the trees for something more important. ;) ;)

Nope, don't miss the old way of doing things whatsoever here!

It's now the "luggage tag dance.":cool:

Archived