Departing Flight Time question

cmalibu1

Simple question, looking to see what ya'll think.

Our cruise gets back in fort lauderdale on the 20th. Yet our flights are in and out of Miami airport. I am about to book a ticket today, do you all think 1:00pm is too early? I don't know much about that airport or the drive from Fort lauderdale to Miami and how far apart the two cities are.

I hope we can make this flight time, as it is a non-stop (which I love) and still gets us home early enough to rest until work the next day!

Thanks!

Simple question, looking to see what ya'll think.

Our cruise gets back in fort lauderdale on the 20th. Yet our flights are in and out of Miami airport. I am about to book a ticket today, do you all think 1:00pm is too early? I don't know much about that airport or the drive from Fort lauderdale to Miami and how far apart the two cities are.

I hope we can make this flight time, as it is a non-stop (which I love) and still gets us home early enough to rest until work the next day!

Thanks!

28 miles, but 1pm would be pushing it. :o

Only with express walk off with your own luggage.

It is about an hour and a half from FLL to Miami.
Google Maps says Port Everglades to Miami Int'L-Arrivals 28.8mi – about 37 mins. Do you really think it will take 1½ hours?

What if they did self-disembarkation?

Lew

Google Maps says Port Everglades to Miami Int'L-Arrivals 28.8mi – about 37 mins. Do you really think it will take 1½ hours?

Lew

The traffic through Miami can be a nightmare...and you have to drive through it to get on I-95. Then, traffic in Ft. Lauderdale to the airport can be rough too.

In my opinion, his flight is too early. I fly to FLL for all my cruises because airfare is a lot cheaper. Never book a return flight before 3:00PM.......

Lew

Probably not, but a late ship, locating luggage, immigration delay, USCG inspection, heavy traffic, delay checking in at airport ... take a later flight.

Archived