San Diego Luggage Storage

LeDemonBlond

Were disembarking off Celebrity in San Deigo early in the morning. Our Flight home to Canada from San Diego does not leave until Late in the afternoon. My Hope was to leave our luggage at the airport and then catch a cab to Seaworld which is very close. But I understand that one can't store luggage at the airport anymore. I believe its also too early for the airline ( air alaska ) to accept baggage. I'm thinking my only best option might be to rent a vehicle to get us to seaworld and store the luggage in the trunk.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Were disembarking off Celebrity in San Deigo early in the morning. Our Flight home to Canada from San Diego does not leave until Late in the afternoon. My Hope was to leave our luggage at the airport and then catch a cab to Seaworld which is very close. But I understand that one can't store luggage at the airport anymore. I believe its also too early for the airline ( air alaska ) to accept baggage. I'm thinking my only best option might be to rent a vehicle to get us to seaworld and store the luggage in the trunk.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Alaska Airlines opens up pretty early in the morning as their first flight to Seattle leaves as soon as the runway opens for departure at 6:30AM. I would expect you can check in starting at about 5:00AM for the day's flights.

I think your plan to get a cab is a good one The cab might be a bit more expensive than renting a car but the logistics are certainly a whole lot easier. The only thing I would check is the availability of cabs at Sea World for returning to the airport. You wouldn't want to be waiting on a cab for a long time.

i was/am having the same problem with my flight not leaving until that evening, I spoke with my airline and I suggest you do the same, Delta would only let you check baggage either 4 or 5 hours prior to your flight so that may be enough for you but just check with Alaskan Airlines.

You cannot check for any airline that I know of in San Diego further ahead than 5 hours. This has been true since 9/11.

Your options are to rent a car as you said, or to walk or cab your luggage to a nearby hotel and give the bellman a very nice tip to secure your luggage for the day. Take the cab or the trolley/bus to SeaWorld (the Zoo is better by the way) and then back to the hotel, then to the airport. Give yourself at least 2 hours prior to your flight to get checked in and through security in San Diego...sometimes you need 3 hours.

(KLD)

Hey you may want to look into http://www.airportbags.com/ I believe they were like 15 bucks a person up to whatever baggage the airlines will let you take. You claim your luggage after you disembark give it to them and you pick up your luggage at your destination. May be something you may want to look into. See ya in a little while on the Mercury!

Thanks for the heads up about airportbags. I had phoned celebrity earlier asking about some kind of luggage service. They said there was nothing. I phoned back and asked about airportbags and after some checking, they indicated that the service that airportbags provide was available. It can be arranged when were on the cruise and it would be $20 per bag. Definitely an option we'll consider. :)

If you happen to be staying at HI on the Bay precruise .. you can just take you luggage across the street and use their shuttle to get around then back to the HI to get luggage and shuttle to the Airport. If not you could call them and ask if that can be arranged for a fee. It is very convenient.

Archived