What do you wear when you board?

laurenfl15

I am trying to figure out if when i board i should:

a) Wear my swimsuit under a coverup (but still "acceptable") outfit.. basically khaki shorts and a tshirt

b) Wear an outfit and carry my bathsuit in my carry-on

c) Pack my swimsuits in my luggage

Should i wear my swimsuit when i board? Do people usually lay out right away? Or should i wear normal clothes?

Sorry- im super organized and its nine days til my cruise and im already worrying haha!

During the day it's very casual. I am wearing my swimsuit when I board and heading right to the pool to layout. But I am also coming from a hotel in South Beach. I wouldn't wear the swimsuit if flying or driving in that day. Just pack it in your carry on. But most people wear swimsuit wit a cover up or shorts and a tee while wandering around.

I always put everyone's swim stuff in my carry on so if any of us / all of us decide to swim or soak up some sun we can. You could wear them if you want, but there are bathrooms right by the pool and it's easy enough to change in them plus if your luggage comes late you won't be stuck in your wet suit all evening..we've gotten bags as late as 8PM.

Have a great cruise.

a) Wear my swimsuit under a coverup (but still "acceptable") outfit.. basically khaki shorts and a tshirt

Should i wear my swimsuit when i board? Do people usually lay out right away? Or should i wear normal clothes?

Sorry- im super organized and its nine days til my cruise and im already worrying haha!

If its summer I wear shorts, if its winter I wear the talked about JEANS. On debark day for the way home summer shorts, winter Jeans

How you dress depends on what you want to do and when. Once people board they tend to do what interests them the most. Some head for the buffet (ok - more than some). Some start exploring. Some head to the nearest bar. Some head to the pool. Some find a nice lounge chair near the pool and start working on their tan (this does not seem to be very popular on days when it is raining). Some decide to go in the pool. So ...

1) If you arrive before the cabins are read (typically around 1:30pm) and you want to do something that is best done in a bathing suit, then wear it when you board.

2) If you arrive after 1:30, or if you don't plan on a swim suit type activity until after 1:30, then pack your swim suit in your carry-on and change in your cabin.

I should add that one thing EVERYONE does do is check out their cabin. So by changing in your cabin you can kill two birds with one stone. You can get ready for your swim suit activity and check out your cabin - both at the same time.

3) If you don't plan to do something that requires a swimsuit on the first day (like me), then you can pack your swim suit in your checked luggage.

Don't expect to see your checked luggage until several hours after you board.

You can actually do all of the above.

What I am trying to say is to do what you are comfortable in.

I have worn my bathing suit with shorts and a top over it. Packed it in my carry on and or in my luggage and to be honest. There is so much to do an embarkation day that I have never been able to lay by the pool. Too busy checking out the ship. Finding our cabin and enjoying the buffet on the Lido.

What ever you do be comfortable. You're on vacation!:)

We always are in town the day before so we typically will have clothing options. I personally wear something that can also be worn to dinner just incase the luggage arrives late. I carry a good size carry on and have a swimsuit and cover up in it and possibly a t shirt and shorts. We like to get organized and go straight out to the pool, get a drink and if we feel like sunning or swimming we can. Or if we want to check out the ship we can do that as well. Since you are organized you will have no problem being prepared for whatever it is you choose to do... :)

Have fun!

We wear comfortable shoes for standing in line! Also, lightweight pants and a sleeveless shirt with another shirt over it- to wear to dinner if our suitcases are late.

We take our bathing suits in our carry ons- seems to be too much to explore to do pool stuff at embarkation.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Im definately a drink by the pool kinda gal so ill probably throw my swimsuit in my carry-on and wear something onboard that is acceptable for dinner if need be.

Not this monday but next monday.. cant wait! :D

p.s. Its double exciting b/c me and the boyfriend are getting engaged on board!!! (i know i know, im not supposed to know haha)

I usually wear my swimsuit under a comfy dress. I love hanging out by the pool when there's no one there!
How can you hang out by the pool when there is no one there? :confused: If you are there, there must be someone there. :)

I really think it depends on the time that you plan to board the ship. If you are hoping to be one of the first ones on, I would go with option a.

If you are planning on arriving after 1:30 or 2:00pm you could go with a or b, and can put your suit on in your stateroom.

I wouldn't go with option c no matter what. You could wait until the evening to get your luggage.

Archived