Noordam Formal nights on !0 day cruise

PandCAV

We have taken a great many ten day cruises and all but two of them had three formal nights. One formal night was cancelled because it was Halloween and they held a costume party and the other because of rough seas.

John is correct. Your documents will tell you how many are planned.

Thank you so such quick responses.

I received my documents yesterday, and only now have I found the reference to the formal nights ( in the booklet, under Itinerary).

CC is really a mine of useful information.

I am happy because I get another wear out of my dinner suit !!

Thank you all

I asked this same question this summer.

Here's what information I ended up with: There will be two OR three formal nights. One person said their documents said three formal nights, but when they took their cruise there were only two. So the best answer is that it could be either two or three.

I'm planning for two and if there are three we will just have to wear something again. :D

I understand it is normal to have 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise.

Would this be pro rata for a 10 day, i.e 3 formal nights?

I am sorry if I have asked a question without researching the previous threads.

There were 3 formal nights on Noordam in July and August on the 10 night cruises. And although not the topic of this thread, the shows were after dinner at 8:00pm and 10:00pm.

My husband and I are taking a 10 day to the Caribbean in February 2010 and if he has to do 3 formal nights (potentially) he'll have a fit :eek:

I know I can convince him to take his black suit at least so if he changes shirts and ties, is it possible for him to "get away" with wearing said suit 3 times in 10 days?

Either that or it's the rent a tux thing. Thanks for the input.

I know I can convince him to take his black suit at least so if he changes shirts and ties, is it possible for him to "get away" with wearing said suit 3 times in 10 days?
Definitely! Or, you could duck one of the three formal nights by eating in the Lido or ordering room service.

I understand it is normal to have 2 formal nights on a 7 day cruise.

Would this be pro rata for a 10 day, i.e 3 formal nights?

I am sorry if I have asked a question without researching the previous threads.

My DH and I were on a 10-Day Caribbean cruise on the Noordam in March. We had THREE "Formal Nights".

The last "Formal Night", on the last night of the cruise was the MOST FORMAL of "Formal Nights".

The Dining Room chairs were all covered in lovely covers, everything seemed MUCH MORE elegant, including the Menu.

I did not know this and felt VERY under dressed in my black skirt and simple top. I wished I had worn a dressier top and a bit more jewelery.

WE are booked on the Noordam 16 daytransatlantic April 3. (our first HAL cruise ) Whilst we like dressing for formal nights, My husband is thinkling about not taking his dinner suit ,we are trying to cut down on luggage as we will be travelling through Europe for 3 weeks post cruise, We have elected free style dining . as we have on our last 4 cruises when we noted that very few wore formal wear on formal nights. would this be the reverse on HAL?

our only other option is to mail formalwear home ,

We have three formal nights on the Ryndam 10 day cruise to Mexican Sea of Cortez Cruise on October 12, 2008
And you may or may not get all three.
...on our last 4 cruises when we noted that very few wore formal wear on formal nights. would this be the reverse on HAL? our only other option is to mail formalwear home ,
He could get by just fine with just a dark jacket and slacks ... or you can rent formal wear.

We have elected free style dining . as we have on our last 4 cruises when we noted that very few wore formal wear on formal nights. would this be the reverse on HAL?

our only other option is to mail formalwear home ,

Open seating on HAL is not the same as freestyle on NCL, if that's what you have in mind. Open seating is merely a lack of fixed time/table/tablemates; it has nothing to do with dressing for dinner.

The dress code is for the evening in public areas, other than the Lido restaurant/deck, and outside decks. The lower level of the dining room is one of the public areas where following the dress code is expected.

Your DH could rent a tux. It would be waiting for him in the cabin on arrival, and left there at the end of the cruise. That way he can leave his options open without extra luggage.

Open seating on HAL is not the same as freestyle on NCL, if that's what you have in mind. Open seating is merely a lack of fixed time/table/tablemates; it has nothing to do with dressing for dinner.

The dress code is for the evening in public areas, other than the Lido restaurant/deck, and outside decks. The lower level of the dining room is one of the public areas where following the dress code is expected.

Your DH could rent a tux. It would be waiting for him in the cabin on arrival, and left there at the end of the cruise. That way he can leave his options open without extra luggage.

Thank you Ruth I will see what the tux rental would work out to the costto mail DH.s tux back.

Jean.

Archived