Who is James Deering on CB?

GLCAS

We met James on the NCL Star in Hawaii when my mother and I were the only ones that showed up at the cc meeting. He is a great guy. He is also a wine expert and did a special event lecture on wine on our sailing.

We will be sailing with James at the end of October for two weeks and are looking forward to our reunion.

Yes, James is a top-drawer, straight-up guy. We enjoyed sailing with him when he was with Holland America. As said above, lots of us were sad that Princess snagged him away. But he is certainly a benefit to Princess. I hope to sail with him again soon.

To put a face to the name of Mr. James Deering, this was taken when he was the Hotel Manager of the Holland America Oosterdam during our April 2006 cruise. Mr. Deering was gracious enough to invite my wife to dinner in the Pinnacle Grill on her birthday...and I just tagged along to keep an eye on her.

As others have stated, Mr. Deering made our first and not last cruise with Holland America the most memorable cruise that we have taken on any cruise line.

Now that Mr. Deering is with Princess, my wife and I are trying to schedule a cruise to will coincide with him being on-board.

d3edadce.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We were glad to find ourselves sailing with James back in Oct 2007 on the Crown. He came to our M&G and helped arrange dinner for the group & another CC group meeting at the end of the cruise. He is extremely knowledgable & helpful...can't say enough positive things about him!

Count my husband & I as more James Deering fans! We were lucky enough to make his aquaintance in Sept of 2007 on the Crown (Canada/NE). As always, he came to our CC get together and was absolutely lovely. We saw him frequently throughout the week and he always took the time to stop and chat. Later in the week he gave a small group of us a rare "behind the scenes" view of cruising that was a real treat. Of all the great people we have met while cruising, I have to say that James is the most memorable. Kind, generous and truly one of a kind. If you are ever lucky enough to sail with him, you will never forget him.

And if you are reading this, James (as I'm sure you are)... Thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...
Count my husband & I as more James Deering fans! We were lucky enough to make his aquaintance in Sept of 2007 on the Crown (Canada/NE). As always, he came to our CC get together and was absolutely lovely. We saw him frequently throughout the week and he always took the time to stop and chat. Later in the week he gave a small group of us a rare "behind the scenes" view of cruising that was a real treat. Of all the great people we have met while cruising, I have to say that James is the most memorable. Kind, generous and truly one of a kind. If you are ever lucky enough to sail with him, you will never forget him.

And if you are reading this, James (as I'm sure you are)... Thanks again!!

I would like to arrange this as a surprise for my husband. We are celebrating out 25th and he would LOVE to see "behind the scenes". Any idea how I could go about letting James Deering about this special request???;)

James Deering also hosted our CC Meet and Greet on the CB on our August 15-24 2008 9 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise. We were fortunate that James told our group about the trial of the Ultimate Ship's Tour and several of our CC group were selected and had a great time. We had a terrific Meet and Greet thanks to James fascinating information and answering all our questions. It was great to see him throughout our cruise - during formal nights, and at the Chef's Table. Photos of James Deering and our cruise at:

Bob

Manassas, VA

James was on the Emerald March 2008 and made our trip the best ever for a group of 40 plus. He remembered several of our names and personally greeted us when ever we met up during the cruise.;)
It really amazed me how he could remember our names and the various family connections! He arranged a special CC luncheon for us on our last sea day which was just excellent and asked various crew members to attend. When Seastar and I and some of the others were sitting waiting for the rest of the group to come and meet us to go into dinner one evening, James went and got us a tray of appetizers - and five forks to try out while we were waiting (fabulous!). One afternoon when he saw us on deck, he told me to wait and dashed to his cabin and brought me back a huge emerald green dish/ashtray to commemorate the Emerald's inaugural cruise (not that many people smoked in our group so I got the prize, I guess, LOL). His brand of hospitality really makes a cruise feel special, whether it's your 5th or 25th trip!

• 3 weeks later...

I MUST chime in here! He made our March 2007 cruise onboard the Oosterdam stand out! HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST!:D

He took our room number at the CC meet and invited us to participate in a question and answer meet in his office, complete with free beverages! LOL!

He was always seen on the ship and very personable and approachable.

To bad for HAL, lucky princess! I hope our paths cross again!

I attached a photo of James, myself and my best friend onboard the Oosterdam.

DSCN0023.jpg.9a6c32e6272d85c89284b6357325f018.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

Had lunch with James the other week while the Crown was docked in Greenock, his wife will join him shortly while they cruise Norway, then he is on leave for a few months rejoining the Crown in Qubec to start the Caribbean season.

yours Shogun

• 8 months later...

Archived