Who is James Deering on CB?

GLCAS

Interesting article

http://beyondships.blogspot.com/2008/07/caribbean-princess-passenger-services.html

He is basically the hotel manager of the ship. We met him at out M & G last month on the CB and he was very pleasant and informative about our ship and future plans and additions to be added to Princess. I believe he shows up at most M&Gs to show that they really do listen to what passengers think. In fact he even told us that he reads all the posts on cruise critic. Also in attendance at our meet and greet was Felix, who is the bar manager and he too was very pleasant to talk to.

We sailed with James on the Crown Princess last year & on the Oosterdam two years before that. Prior to that, he was with NCL. James is a true gentleman, and he can usually be found out and about, around the ship, making sure passengers are happy & enjoying themselves. He does attend CC get-togethers, and is an avid reader of this board. He's also a great wealth of knowledge on just about any subject you can put to him. He's a great Passenger Services Director, and a great guy in general.

" Mr Deering" is quite the ambassador for the cruise industry and whatever line he works for. We met him on Oosterdam after reading about him and we came away so impressed. The Oosterdam was just about the best ship we ever sailed and I know he had a big hand in creating a great environment.

He hosted a Q and A that was most interesting, he gave a lecture, he interacts with the passengers.

Some HAL loyalists literally booked a Princess cruise to see him again.

I hope to see him on Princess some day.

wonderful guy, very gracious host. we met him at the CC get together on the Zuiderdam a few years ago. Hotel manager most important person on the ship as he/she sets the tone. cruise director not important at all to us, I could not remember one of the 22 cruises we have been on if you held a gun to my head!

Hi All,

Another James Fan here,

why, because he took time to listen to my problems and then set about fixing them, James is a gentleman as others have said, but he also does his home work, I would not be shocked if he was reading this just now with a big smile on his face.

If you ever get the chance to spend an evening with him, over dinner or a drink then take it, he must write a book on day about his life at sea he has great storries to tell.

yours Shogun

Count my Husband and I as also BIG James Deering Fans:) We had the pleasure of sailing with him several times. It was a Huge Loss for HAL but a Fantastic Addition to Princess. I only hope to be able to arrange my cruising schedule in the upcoming year to be able to sail with him:o

I too wish he could be on our May Sapphire cruise but I am pretty sure his Princess Home is the CB.

Yet another James Deering fan checking in! :)

I was in charge of the very large Meet & Greet on last year's Crown Repo cruise. Two days before sailing, I received an email from the ship's coordinator telling me that they had to change the time and place of our M&G. I was quite upset, as many in our group had already left to start their vacations.

Upon boarding, we also had an informal gathering for sailaway. James was there to meet us and to meet me in particular, to discuss the M&G. I am VERY happy to say that he arranged for the exact time and place we had originally been told, and the party was a huge success. James attended and made the rounds to all the tables.

He is a true asset to Princess and I'm thrilled that we will get to see him again on this year's Caribbean Princess Repo.

See you soon James! :D

Well I guess you need to add two more as fans, we sailed with James for 20 days on the Emerald in January. Very nice man, easy to talk to, and very helpful. I might add because of him we are addicted to very good sake.

Mr. Deering is originally from San Francisco but calls Japan home now. I've attached a pic of him at our roll call. The captain is on the left, and James is on the right, that is me in the middle.

100_3705.jpg.ba91aee1b8a816f2471a2ece215ad150.jpg

More fans.:) ...my DH and I had the pleasure of Mr. Deering's company as we sailed on HAL's Z in 2005. There were several isssues on the HAL boards prior to sailing and Mr. Deering met with the CC sailors and explained and answered all our questions, issues and concerns. He is truly an asset to any cruise line and we are delighted he is now with Princess. We will be sailing on the CB on May 17th and we hope to meet him again. James Deering is truly a gentlemen and a professional.

Mary Ellen and John

Archived