Your first cruise ship

Thank you, Comet.

Hey, where's Cupid, Donner & Blitzen? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny, and so appropriate for this time of year. But I have to say you are the first person to ever say that when seeing my username. It's actually the name of the street I grew up on as a kid.

Small ship, inside cabin (so very tiny!). San Juan, Cancun, Cozemel, and a private island, I believe. Brings back so many good memories........now I need to look through my photo's of the cruise.......I'd forgot about them!

1987 NCL Skyward

1988 RC Sovereign of the Seas

2004 Carnival

2006 Celebrity Infinity

2007 / 2009 Celebrity Constellation

2012 / 2013 Celebrity Equinox

2014 Celebrity Silhouette

2015 Viking Star

Edited by Jtm1979

You are definitely not nuts. I've cruised and traveled solo because if I didn't I wouldn't have gone on vacation. I gave up on waiting for friends who were all for it and then would back out when we had to book and put up some money. Go on your trip and enjoy....cruises are great for going solo!

I'm heading on my first cruise in three days ... solo ... am I nuts??

Carnival Freedom from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau and Freeport.

Pleaseeee don't let me get seasick. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are definitely not nuts. I've cruised and traveled solo because if I didn't I wouldn't have gone on vacation. I gave up on waiting for friends who were all for it and then would back out when we had to book and put up some money. Go on your trip and enjoy....cruises are great for going solo!

I was solo for my 1st 17 or 18 cruises, until I met my wife, we will going on my 57 cruise in April

My parents honeymoon was on carnivals Tropicale in 1988. They hated it. Want until my grandparents offered to take us on a cruise that we went again. It was my and my brothers first on the now defunct Viking Serenade in 1997. Will be going on my 9th next year, I'm hooked for life!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

My first was Royal Caribbeans Grandeur of the Seas in 2005. I went to Bermuda. It did not hook me, in fact I was a little disappointed.

However, when I met my wife we decided to take a western Mediterranean cruise on the Norwegian Jade in 2010. That hooked us both. It started in Barcelona, went to Monaco, 3 stops in Italy and Palma de Mallorca before heading back to Barcelona.

My first was Royal Caribbeans Grandeur of the Seas in 2005. I went to Bermuda. It did not hook me, in fact I was a little disappointed.

However, when I met my wife we decided to take a western Mediterranean cruise on the Norwegian Jade in 2010. That hooked us both. It started in Barcelona, went to Monaco, 3 stops in Italy and Palma de Mallorca before heading back to Barcelona.

I'm curious to know what you were disappointed with on your first cruise and what you liked so much about your second cruise that it got you hooked.

Thanks,

KK

I'm curious to know what you were disappointed with on your first cruise and what you liked so much about your second cruise that it got you hooked.

Thanks,

KK

I went alone to Bermuda and didnt do anything more than a tour and walk around. So, not exactly the most exciting vacation. Word of advice to anyone taking a cruise alone, do it on a ship that caters to solo cruisers.

It would be a few years until I met my wife, and then I decided to try cruising again, going to more exciting locations and doing the fun excursions, hooking me.

Side note, Im not blaming anyone for my lack of enjoyment on that first cruise. Ive actually looked at that cruise and ship several times recently looking for a quick getaway. We are both more experienced cruisers now and know how to make a vacation great.

Edited by gra2172

I went alone to Bermuda and didnt do anything more than a tour and walk around. So, not exactly the most exciting vacation. Word of advice to anyone taking a cruise alone, do it on a ship that caters to solo cruisers.

It would be a few years until I met my wife, and then I decided to try cruising again, going to more exciting locations and doing the fun excursions, hooking me.

Side note, Im not blaming anyone for my lack of enjoyment on that first cruise. Ive actually looked at that cruise and ship several times recently looking for a quick getaway. We are both more experienced cruisers now and know how to make a vacation great.

Glad to hear it and thanks for the explanation!

KK

My first post and it seemed appropriate that this is the thread I post in! I did some research and tried to figure out what ship my first cruise was on. I'm stumped! It was Memorial weeked, May 1986, I think. Carnival cruise line, 4 night cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to the Bahamas. Festivale? Help!

Did it get me hooked on cruising? Yes! I did my second cruise in Nov 1988 on Chandris cruise line aboard the Galileo. 7 night cruise out of Miami to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel.

Sadly my last cruise was April 1990 on Carnival's Tropicale? Or maybe Jubilee? Cruised out of San Juan Puerto Rico for 7 nights to the southern Caribbean. That was a great cruise which resulted in my first child ;)

Fast forward 24 years later and I'm finally planning my 4th cruise (and my present husband's FIRST). Kids are grown and I can afford nice vacations again. We are planning on a spring 2015 European cruise!