Milk For A Toddler?

MOTHEROFONE

I will be traveling on RCCL Freedom of the Seas. Will i have trouble getting milk at night for my little one. Cause sometimes she will wake up wanting milk and i don't want have to wait for room service. will there be an ice bucket or something for me to be able to keep it cold.

I will be traveling on LOS next week. My suggestion is to get some milk during breakfast hours at Windjammer and keep it in your frig in the room. I will doing this next week when I sail with my 14 month old. I have also been told you can get milk from any restaurant, but I also don't want to be calling room service at 3am when my DD wakes up hungry. HTH!

Hi:

Just another suggestion.... the fridge is not that cold so you might want to ask your cabin stewart to bring you extra ice/or ice bucket to use for the milk cartoon. We put some ice cubes in a ziplock bag along with the milk carton and worked just fine. I warm to milk in the sink w/ the hot water (just to take the chill out) and it worked pretty good.

They have some milk that you can buy in little rectangular boxes that can survive without refrigeration. Organic Valley sells shelf-stable milk in single serving packages. We keep a few around for when our son wants milk and we don't have any handy. If you kept this on ice (more for taste than freshness), it would easily suffice.

Parmelot is the "shelf stable milk"

But a little tip I learned on Freedom...if you want milk at ANY time - just go to the Cafe Promenade (not Windjammer). Ask the staff there for some milk...they will get some from their kitchen.

Obviously if it's the morning, you can just get it in the WJ. But the fridges aren't cold enough to keep it all day, so stop by Cafe Promenade to get some for the night.

We sometimes bring a small collapsible cooler/lunchbox (one that holds like 6 cans) and ask the room steward to keep it filled with ice. We just grab milk from the breakfast buffet and keep it there for nightime if there is no fridge. Also Walmart sells Horizon organic milk in the non-refrigeratated sippy packs with straws, we bring those for use in the room and ports if needed.

• 3 months later...

We just did the Liberty of the Seas 12/13 - 12/20 with our 21 month old. It was great and milk was not a problem. As CrusinMama recommends we just went to Cafe Promenade and it was always quick and fast getting the milk, filling some bottles and the in room fridge kept them plenty cold.

Even better news, they had just implemented a new kids program for 6 - 36 month olds that was AMAZING!!! I promise to write a full review soon, but it includes THREE play sessions a day!!!

The fridges will keep milk fine...just turn down the temperature! They're like the "dorm" fridges... Have the attendant remove the sodas and stuff that's in there!

Don't forget to brush those little teeth--bottles at night are not great for the enamel!

Hi

I just wondered how you got on with the milk on your cruise? I have a 16 month old who loves his milk for bed.

Thanks

p.s would be sailing on Liberty.

As suggested, the Cafe Promenade is the place to go. And they will even steam it for you if your little one wants to have it warmed. We were regulars every night before our son's bedtime and they would have it ready for us by the time we got to the counter.

Archived