Airline change in Barcelona - Can we make it?

We were originally flying out of Barcelona at 1:00 and were changing planes in Madrid for our flight home to JFK. We are using AA FF miles and are flying via Iberia. I just got a notification from AA that our flight has been moved up to 11:00 AM. I know that is pretty tight but is it doable or should I call the airline and make other arrangements?

I'm sorry, I just got a little crazy when they changed the flight. I will be on the Voyager of the Seas due to dock in Barcelona on Saturday, 11/8 at 6AM. I am just afraid that if we dock late we won't make it on time.

We have a flight to CDG at 10:30. We have researched this and were told by royal caribbean to book after 10am. So we felt 10:30 is safe.

You have to leave taking your luggage. Not having them take it the night before. This way you just walk off the ship.

We have done this before and its much easier than looking for your luggage in a big room.

Hope this helped.

Yes, definitely walk off with your luggage. You will be among the first people off, and taxis should be plentiful. 1/2 hour trip to the airport. We arrived at 7:30am for our 10:45am flight and had to wait on line for the agents to open the counter at 7:45am.

If the ship is late, there is not much you can do. If you're really worried about that, you should book a later flight.

I'm sorry, I just got a little crazy when they changed the flight. I will be on the Voyager of the Seas due to dock in Barcelona on Saturday, 11/8 at 6AM. I am just afraid that if we dock late we won't make it on time.

You'll have plenty of time. Just do a self disembark and grab a taxi.

Our Delta flight last April was scheduled to leave at 10:45 AM. We did self-disembarkation and made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare...Of course then we sat on the tarmac for 2 HOURS before taking off....but that's a whole other problem.

We had an 8AM TRAIN and were at the station over an hour early! You will have plenty of time! if you're really worried, just do the walk-off (with your luggage which you get to keep all night instead of putting outside your door) and you will be in a taxi by 6:30AM.

One word of caution--be sure to keep your SeaPass with you--I left mine in the cabin thinking I wouldn't need it again and they wouldn't let me off the ship without it!

Relax and enjoy!

Cathy

Archived