Ahh Mom's thinking about a Carinval cruise...

karkee07

So my family has always traveled with RCI. I've always planned to travel with them becuase I love the line. But this Jan we are going on a cruise and my mom said that we might take Carinval....I liked a couple cruises I saw and they are affordable, but its not RC.

What do other RCI fans think of Carnival.

As a hard-core Carnival traveler with 61 of their cruises under my belt - and having sailed on their ships since 1977, I can say that you and your family will have a great time.

Overall, I've 200+ cruises in my history, many of those on RCCL ships - my last was in 2005.

I enjoy RCCL very much and have always had a good time. I also enjoy Carnival and find the experiences very similar....with a similar demographic, similar entertainment, etc.

I am a "hardcore" Carnival cruiser because they have better solo rates than any others....and, for the past 15 years, I've cruised solo - except once a year when I take my grandson. Their ships are great, food is great, entertainment and itineraries very nice.

Most people who dump on Carnival have never sailed on one of their ships or haven't cruised on them in so long their viewpoint is 20 years old.

She's your mother......let her cruise where she wants to cruise. You are her child, show some respect for her wishes.

As a hard-core Carnival traveler with 61 of their cruises under my belt - and having sailed on their ships since 1977' date=' I can say that you and your family will have a great time.

Overall, I've 200+ cruises in my history, many of those on RCCL ships - my last was in 2005.

I enjoy RCCL very much and have always had a good time. I also enjoy Carnival and find the experiences very similar....with a similar demographic, similar entertainment, etc.

I am a "hardcore" Carnival cruiser because they have better solo rates than any others....and, for the past 15 years, I've cruised solo - except once a year when I take my grandson. Their ships are great, food is great, entertainment and itineraries very nice.

Most people who dump on Carnival have never sailed on one of their ships or haven't cruised on them in so long their viewpoint is 20 years old.

She's your mother......let her cruise where she wants to cruise. You are her child, show some respect for her wishes.[/quote']

Thanks, maybe I'll open my mind bit more. lol.

But for the last part I am 20 y/o and paying for my part and airfair, I am just afraid to be disapointed.

Die hard RC fan here who is now a die hard Carnival cruiser too! Both my DH and I like Carnival better for several reasons. Will we still cruise RC, sure leaving on one end of Oct. But I always look at Carnival first. Next 2 after this one are on Carnival. Their food is excellent, cabins bigger. Our staff on our last cruise was top notch. When we were on the AOS and told our tablemates about our 1st Carnival cruise a few bashed us......well they never had even sailed on them. You will be so surprised. I Don't mind if people give a honest review after being on them, but judging without sailing them isn't really fair.

I can't wait to try other lines also. It is nice to have variety!!:)

So my family has always traveled with RCI. I've always planned to travel with them becuase I love the line. But this Jan we are going on a cruise and my mom said that we might take Carinval....I liked a couple cruises I saw and they are affordable, but its not RC.

My first cruise was RCI Song of America back in the late 80's followed by Carnival Ecstacy early 90's.. I must say RCI was Wonderful and Carnival was just short of Wonderful.... I have sinced cruised with NCL as well as 3 more RCI's. I've never gone back to Carnival.... Thus said.... I have never met a ship I didn't like, just some that were slightly better...

I am sure whatever you decide I hope you will have a great time.:)

I have sailed on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival. Honestly, the product is very similar. They are both cruise lines catering to the mass market, with many competing itineraries. Having said that, and from personal experience, I can tell you that you will enjoy your Carnival cruise just as much (or more) than your Royal Caribbean cruise.

I experienced RCCL before I experienced CCL. However as the years have gone by, I have leaned more towards the Carnival product. They seem to be a bit more consistent with the entertainment, fellow passengers, food quality and taste, cabin comfort, and list of activities (read FUN).

If you go to the Carnival board, you will probably find die hard people there telling you not to cruise on RCCL. If you post here, people will probably tell you not to cruise on CCL.

I highly recommend that you take the opinion of people that have experienced BOTH cruise lines. Usually the people that are die hard about one cruise line or the other are the same ones who have NEVER set foot on the opposite cruise line.

Thanks, maybe I'll open my mind bit more. lol.

But for the last part I am 20 y/o and paying for my part and airfair, I am just afraid to be disapointed.

Depends upon which ship you are comparing, too. As for the 20 something crowd, you will find more your age on Carnival. I think the lines are very similar, on the longer cruises (those 3-4 nights are party boats). I don't think you will be disappointed unless you have been on new RCI ships and choose an older CCL ship. Enjoy!

I dump on Carnival because I have been there, several times, never again.

What happend?!?!?

My boss told me that people go missing from their ships.....is that actually true. I know people come up missing on all the lines at one point or another. But he said that he's heard a lot about how Carnival looses people....

Ask your mom to give you up for adoption.

:D;)

I have done both lines but prefer Royal. That being said, I booked a 7 night Carnival cruise for June 2010 out of Baltimore. It was a fair price for a balcony cabin and its from a home port. I know that I will not like it as much as Royal but its a vacation and I will make the best of it. Any day on a ship is better than a day at home cooking, cleaning, or at work!!

Now if RCI comes out with something thats close in price from a north east port, I will jump ship in a heartbeat.

What happend?!?!?

My boss told me that people go missing from their ships.....is that actually true. I know people come up missing on all the lines at one point or another. But he said that he's heard a lot about how Carnival looses people....

Where is your boss getting his so called information from? His own personal experience on a Carnival ship or what is he hearing from people who have never sailed on one? I have sailed on Carnival and Royal Carribean alot. A cruise is what you make of it , if you go on one with a open mind you will have a good time. If you go one with a opinion formed of what a horrible time you will have, then you will have a horrible time. A cruise can be fun no matter what line you sail.

I'm by no means an expert...(I just play one on TV ;) )...I've done 2 Royals, a Carnival, another Royal and have another Royal planned in about 6 weeks.

I personally wasn't impressed by Carnival, but we got "outvoted" by the rest of the family (who's total experience at that point was 1 person who was on Carnival for a 1 night TA show and tell)...at this point, we'd already done 2 RC's, but we're the youngest (at almost 50) so what do WE know???

One of my sisters and I were on deck in Coz when the RC Jewel pulled up at an adjacent dock when we were on Carnival...my back was to the Jewel...and her mouth just gaped open...and she said she was going to go pack, jump ship off our Carnival and onto the RC Jewel. I kept having to prod her back to the conversation we were having...

I can't say that I will NEVER cruise Carnival again, but it wouldn't be MY first choice...

Oh, and the one that had the TA cruise has since done 3 or more RC's...

Archived