Ahh Mom's thinking about a Carinval cruise...

karkee07

Have sailed on both. I haven't had a bad Carnival cuise yet. In fact, I think the food is better. Love the movies at sea on the big screen too. It seems like there is more to do at night on Carnival. Their entertainment staff can really get everyone going to. Have fun!

Karlee, I noticed that you are going on the Monarch in January. I love the Monarch and will truly miss her. I also noticed that you have sailed her sister ship that is leaving Florida very soon. Try different classes of ships as well as cruise line. I love the Monarach but my favorite ships are the radiance class ships. Look at the ships themselves, the types, older versus newer ships. Personally, I love RCI and have only cruised on Carnival twice but the experiences were good. Like others have posted, there are pluses and minuses on either cruise line, variety is good, and I truly believe that you will find the good or the bad in your cruise experience (and everything else) if you go in looking for it. Have a great cruise. Later. Robin

You get what you pay for. If you are accustomed to RCL then you might be disappointed.

If you are young and enjoy RCL then you will LOVE Carnival.

I have been on both and Carnival has better food, bigger cabins, and more activities for young people.

Try it, you'll like it!

What happend?!?!?

My boss told me that people go missing from their ships.....is that actually true. I know people come up missing on all the lines at one point or another. But he said that he's heard a lot about how Carnival looses people....

Carnival doesn't lose people!!! What happens is that people see Royal Caribbean's ships in port and instead of getting back on the ugly Carnival ships, they sneak onto the Royal ships for a fantastic ride home.

I was looking forward to trying a new line, but I am most comfortable with a RCL. And CocoCay is my favorite place so far.

I am glad that we stuck with RCL, but I will try a diffrent line, maybe in 2010(talking my mom into a 7night, lol)

The Monarch was my first RCCL ship, 15 years ago. We had a wonderful time back then! Although she might be considered a rust bucket with closet sized cabins by today's standards, I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time!

I don't care what people say, I will take a cruise on ANY cruise line any day! I've even done the 2 night cruise on Imperial Majesty and had a blast on that!

Carnival doesn't lose people!!! What happens is that people see Royal Caribbean's ships in port and instead of getting back on the ugly Carnival ships, they sneak onto the Royal ships for a fantastic ride home.

If you are young and enjoy RCL then you will LOVE Carnival.

I have been on both and Carnival has better food, bigger cabins, and more activities for young people.

Try it, you'll like it!

duh2.gif

LOL!!

This is why I keep saying that people need to try the line for themselves! ;)

I've enjoyed sailing on Carnival. Our last 3 cruises have been on Carnival the last 3 years. We decided to go back on Rcl after looking at the Freedom of the seas. We booked the Freedom of the Seas for next summer. Let your mom book a carnival cruise. She will love it.

Archived