Would you report it if items had been stolen from your suitcase?

xamsx

As a retired Police Officer you should definitely report the incident. It could be that the cruise line and the port authorities already have an idea that there are thefts going on and the info you gave may lead them in a certain direction. Remember also that the cruise lines generally have no authority or say over who unloads the ships in ports. They are generally controlled by strong unions that many are afraid of but reporting it harms nothing except those who are doing the stealing.

I don't know the regulating agency that has the dogs at the piers, and I do not beleive it is the TSA...the TSA has the key to the lock and would not break it, so that is why I thought another agency who shall we say did not care about the lock?

As for the holes, I can't fathom that, and some ornaments and some not, want my highly jaded idea of how scummy people can be when it comes to a tit for tat mentality???

I think the dogs can smell a lot of things, so yes, I think its possible...the key is in knowing if it was permissible to pack the tins, and I don't know.

The puppies could be from any agency such as TSA, a local jursidiction, agriculture, etc. Got off the plane in AC today and one of the first things I saw was NJ STate Police K-9s.

As a retired Police Officer you should definitely report the incident. It could be that the cruise line and the port authorities already have an idea that there are thefts going on and the info you gave may lead them in a certain direction. Remember also that the cruise lines generally have no authority or say over who unloads the ships in ports. They are generally controlled by strong unions that many are afraid of but reporting it harms nothing except those who are doing the stealing.

HUH???:confused: I said everybody should report an incident and not ignore it, not confront, just report it so the people maybe able to get caught while still in the area.

I will try and convince my mom to report the incident.

I assume a general letter would be dismissed by the cs person who received it, so maybe someone higher up? Anyone know the name of the head of security and how to contact him/her?

They do- we carry it off ourselves. Our luggage never leaves our possession until we check in at the airport.

That's really the best way to do it.

Unfortunately I usually don't have that option - I often cruise with my Mom, who is in her 70's and not able to manage all her luggage herself. We pack as light as possible, but we usually do lengthy pre- or post-cruise stays wherever we're going so we end up with more than she can comfortably transport herself. :(

Archived