Stock Obc Not Combinable Anymore

jmezmom

Yes you are correct. It still never went back up to $19.66 after 3pm!

Actually it is at $19.85 in after-hours trading, but I never pay much attention to after-hours unless it is driven by news released after the close or has massive volume.

I got this e-mail today'

Good day,

The requested shareholder's onboard credit has been applied and is hereby confirmed to reservation

Enjoy your cruise!

Kind regards,

Linda B

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Guest Sales & Service Administration

For future FYI, you do not have to wait until you have made final payment to apply for shareholder OBC. All you need is to have a deposit down.

Sorry you missed out on the OBC. IMHO if you applied for the OBC after they changed the policy (which from what you are now saying appears to be the case) I would not expect them to grandfather you in.

I am not missing out on anything yet!

My TA is working on it now and Linda from shareholders did write back asking for additional info so she can look into to it further...and I am expecting them to honor it...especially since I did not buy our stock at current prices...so we are taking a big hit right now on their stock...

Sweet; another person who uses "mute" instead of "moot." I thought I was the only one! It is funny that "moot" means "arguable, subject to debate" but people use it in the opposite sense. :D :cool:

Moot also means "not relevant." This is the sense in which the word is often used, including the instance in question here.

I am not missing out on anything yet!

My TA is working on it now and Linda from shareholders did write back asking for additional info so she can look into to it further...and I am expecting them to honor it...especially since I did not buy our stock at current prices...so we are taking a big hit right now on their stock...

Oh, in your previous post you stated you had called and were told that you would not be able to use the Shareholder OBC. Now I am confused. :confused:

Hopefully your TA can get RCL to give you the OBC, but from what people have posted today they seem to have started to enforce the new policy. I do not think RCL will consider what price you purchased the stock at when they are determining whether or not they will grant the OBC. Good luck coming through for you.

Yes!! After several emails & phone server in Fl. not accepting fax for 2 days of copy of brokerage statment, I had the broker fax an updated copy & it went thru! Today I received the credit!:D :D

Do you think ppl. were applying after they no longer held the stock? Always have just been able to say "copy on file".

Oh, in your previous post you stated you had called and were told that you would not be able to use the Shareholder OBC. Now I am confused. :confused:

Hopefully your TA can get RCL to give you the OBC, but from what people have posted today they seem to have started to enforce the new policy. I do not think RCL will consider what price you purchased the stock at when they are determining whether or not they will grant the OBC. Good luck coming through for you.

I sent in an email with attached .jpg scan of my brokerage statement Friday for four upcoming cruises - some of these cruises had OBCs from booking on-board or "Next Cruise", some had no credits. Yesterday I received an email stating that Shareholder OBCs have been applied to all cruises. Of course between now and getting off the ship they may change their mind, but I have my fingers crossed and hope that I still will have the credits.

Thom

I faxed in my most recent request on Friday, and faxed in July for several other cruises. Who do I call to see if they have been applied?

If you booked through RCI you can call RCI Crown & Anchor and they can check your reservations for you. If you booked though a TA they will have to call RCI for you.

I faxed in my most recent request on Friday, and faxed in July for several other cruises. Who do I call to see if they have been applied?

Mine took a few days before getting the email to let me know they received it.

I remember it was also after a weekend wait.

I can't give you a phone number, but you can email ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com [include your cruise dates and reservation numbers] and ask.

[since I don't have ready access to a fax, I have always emailed my request with a scan of my brokerage statement attached, and have ALWAYS gotten a confirmation back by email within several days (once in less than an hour). Inasmuch as I find emails to be easier AND I have always gotten confirmations I recommend this route for those just starting the process.]

Thom

If you booked through RCI you can call RCI Crown & Anchor and they can check your reservations for you. If you booked though a TA they will have to call RCI for you.

Mine took a few days before getting the email to let me know they received it.

I remember it was also after a weekend wait.

OK, I have a mixture of both. Thanks. I should probably give it a couple more days.

I can't give you a phone number, but you can email ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com [include your cruise dates and reservation numbers] and ask.

[since I don't have ready access to a fax, I have always emailed my request with a scan of my brokerage statement attached, and have ALWAYS gotten a confirmation back by email within several days (once in less than an hour). Inasmuch as I find emails to be easier AND I have always gotten confirmations I recommend this route for those just starting the process.]

Thom

Iv always gotten the credit, but not the email confirmations, so had to call to have the OBC confirmed.

They often apply the OBC and forget to tell you its applied.

I just checked , I faxed over my info on Sept 17th and Linda sent me my confirmation letter on the 22nd.

On my cover sheet , I asked for email confirmation.

That has been the only way I have ever did it.

I've gotten confirmation emails after faxing my request several times... course I usually have to EMAIL them & ask for the confirmation but they have sent it...

Thank you. I am new to all of this.;)

confused? we booked last year and made final payment in Sept and as we made final payment we started to apply our Visa card obc cert and shareholders benefit...

and btw, yes I did get the credit applied but was told that they will not be combined in the future...saves me 100 on next cruise certs...

btw, if unhappy with the new policy we should contact investor relations at RCCL...

I e-mailed the investor relations at the end of July asking if the shareholder credit was combinable with the OBC I received for booking on the last cruise. Got an e-mail back from Linda saying they were combinable. I just sent in the info they requested a couple of weeks ago and got a confirmation that they had credited me with the share holder credit.

Archived