Stock Obc Not Combinable Anymore

jmezmom

We just purchased the stock last week and emailed the info to RCL this morning.Just my luck to see this post today!! We have a cruise booked in Dec. as part of a group we get $100 SBC, I sure hope we can still get the stock credit. In the past did they usually send you a confirmation or somthing to let you know it was applied?

Now I am puzzled - so will this apply to Celebrity cruises booked on board? or just RCL.

I have an old booking, was done on board over a year ago for this December - and I just got confirmed that we will have shareholders OBC for that sailing. But for another cruise that was booked during WOW sale for RCCL, OBC would not be combinable, so we were denied. So, if these OBC are not combinable - there is no point to book on board or to own shares............

Anybody know what they are doing for people who submitted Shareholder OBC credit prior to July 1 for a cruise yet to sail and already had applied other discounts and/or OBC's to that cruise? Will they still honor the confirmed Shareholder OBC or take it away?

We just purchased the stock last week and emailed the info to RCL this morning.Just my luck to see this post today!! We have a cruise booked in Dec. as part of a group we get $100 SBC, I sure hope we can still get the stock credit. In the past did they usually send you a confirmation or somthing to let you know it was applied?

I always received an e-mail from Shareholder OBC with a confirmation (generally within 24 hours). You should hear back by tomorrow afternoon.

They have never sent me anything.....I always call 3 days after sending the fax and it was always applied by then.

If they apply it to your reservation write the name of the person you spoke with just for future reference, it helps.

Now I am puzzled - so will this apply to Celebrity cruises booked on board? or just RCL.

I have an old booking, was done on board over a year ago for this December - and I just got confirmed that we will have shareholders OBC for that sailing. But for another cruise that was booked during WOW sale for RCCL, OBC would not be combinable, so we were denied. So, if these OBC are not combinable - there is no point to book on board or to own shares............

It applies to Celebrity, Azamara, and Royal Caribbean.

I just called RC. Our trip next May still has the OBC for booking onboard and the stock OBc.

I also had a savings certificate applied to it at the end of July and got a $400 price drop yesterday.

I would ASSUME that all OBC previously aplied would remain....mine has.

They have never sent me anything.....I always call 3 days after sending the fax and it was always applied by then.

If they apply it to your reservation write the name of the person you spoke with just for future reference, it helps.

they email a confirmation if you email the request (rather than faxing it)

I stand corrected re: balcony discounts. THis is from the RCI website:

Special Rates on Balcony and Suite Staterooms

Promotion may be redeemed at any travel agency, at time of booking, and is not transferable. This program is capacity controlled and may be withdrawn at any time. Promotion is applicable to balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor members only. The offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein.The offer value will be deducted from final payment upon review by Royal Caribbean International, to verify applicability. Discount applies on a per stateroom basis, double occupancy. Prices vary by ship and sailing dates and space is subject to availability at time of booking. A valid Crown & Anchor Membership Number must be presented to the reservations agent when making your arrangements. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive toll-free number 888-437-1953 to make arrangements.

It applies to Celebrity, Azamara, and Royal Caribbean.

I thought I read some time back by one or two of the board pundits that RCL wouldn't dare change this as it would upset too many customers....drivng the stock price down by all the selling. I hope not too many folks got caught up in the cheerleading to buy the stock for OBC here.

I thought I read some time back by one or two of the board pundits that RCL wouldn't dare change this as it would upset too many customers....drivng the stock price down by all the selling. I hope not too many folks got caught up in the cheerleading to buy the stock for OBC here.

Yeah, two or three people flamed me like crazy when I was alerting people this past summer that RCL may terminate or alter the OBC policy due to their economic problems. It was amazing how many people bought the stock solely to collect OBC perks.

Something tells me that the percentage of shareholders in the 100 share range doesn't even add up to 10% of the outstanding stock. I don't think our wholesale rush to the "sell" door would have a huge impact on the stock price.:)

At the office desk, so don't have a lot of time to research, but, if as I've read that they also won't allow it with Diamond Balcony discounts, I'm with Critterchick, I'll definately look at other lines. We enjoyed a Celebrity cruise last year, but the balcony discount, Future booking credit and shareholder's credit (in the $400/cruise range) allowed us to cruise twice a year without thinking about it. Now we have to give it some thought! Combine that with increasing airfares and fuel surcharges, lower expected services and food quality, you really have to weigh your alternatives, other lines or land based vacations.

My last six cruises were with onboard future bookings credit combined with my stockholder's OBC. Should this be true, along with the strong "Sell" advice from my financial planner, I would sell the stock and enter the cruise "free agency" and seriously look at other options besides RCCL. I'm a Diamond member with three next cruise certificates in hand, two for RCCL and one for Celebrity, and an AOS cruise booked for February '09. My loyalty has been significant, but after my last AOS cruise in August, any "touches of class" seem to be truly gone from the cruise experience at this level of mass market of travel.

Too bad, but it has been a good ride!

We have done the same thing. Cancelled our 11/2009 Panama Cruise. We would cancel the 2/2009 cruise, but it's a "free" one from our use of the RCCL Visa Card. (That benefit has also gone away...)

I'm just glad we dumped the RCI stock when it was near a 52 week high earlier this year...

LL

Something tells me that the percentage of shareholders in the 100 share range doesn't even add up to 10% of the outstanding stock. I don't think our wholesale rush to the "sell" door would have a huge impact on the stock price.:)

Correct, there are 213.5 million RCL shares outstanding. Even if 5,000 people held the 100 shares, that would actually be less than one half of one percent of the float. Half of those people selling would have neglibile impact. The impact will be in the revenues; if preventing people from combining various types of discounts increases their revenues the stock will go up; if it drives so many people away from their cruise lines that profits fall as a result, the stock will go down.

At the office desk, so don't have a lot of time to research, but, if as I've read that they also won't allow it with Diamond Balcony discounts, I'm with Critterchick, I'll definately look at other lines. We enjoyed a Celebrity cruise last year, but the balcony discount, Future booking credit and shareholder's credit (in the $400/cruise range) allowed us to cruise twice a year without thinking about it. Now we have to give it some thought! Combine that with increasing airfares and fuel surcharges, lower expected services and food quality, you really have to weigh your alternatives, other lines or land based vacations.

so, where are we all going?? :D

I'ld be very surprised if this is enforced. My last six cruises were with onboard future bookings credit combined with my stockholder's OBC. Should this be true, along with the strong "Sell" advice from my financial planner, I would sell the stock and enter the cruise "free agency" and seriously look at other options besides RCCL. I'm a Diamond member with three next cruise certificates in hand, two for RCCL and one for Celebrity, and an AOS cruise booked for February '09. My loyalty has been significant, but after my last AOS cruise in August, any "touches of class" seem to be truly gone from the cruise experience at this level of mass market of travel.

Too bad, but it has been a good ride!

There will be many loyal customers who will think the same way you do. The bean counters at headquarters are making a serious mistake. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DIAMOND AND DIAMOND PLUS CUSTOMERS.

I wonder if you can combine OBC with Royal Points from the Visa card?

Mute point. Visa points are obcs out of Bank of America's pocket. It has nothing to do with Royal; not their money, offer or benefit to take away.

Archived