Veendam & Bermuda from NYC

FIRELT5

Any idea when booking will open for Summer & Fall 2010 Voyages. HAL Booking engine is only up to 4/2010. TNX :)
Has anyone seen an actual itinerary for these Bermuda voyages on the Veendam for 2010?

Vic the Parrot has reservations on the first two Veendam cruises to Bermuda August 7th and 14th. He made these while on the Eurodam over Labor Day weekend. Maybe he'll tell us what the itinerary is!

Has anyone seen an actual itinerary for these Bermuda voyages on the Veendam for 2010?

I also booked Bermuda while onboard but the confirmation does not show an itinerary. The announcement was made onboard and the newsletter states the ship will be stopping in Hamilton and St George and leaves from NY

Vic the Parrot has reservations on the first two Veendam cruises to Bermuda August 7th and 14th. He made these while on the Eurodam over Labor Day weekend. Maybe he'll tell us what the itinerary is!

Is someone paging me ?? :D ;)

Like the duchess said, the proposed itinerary is going to be Hamilton and St George's. Bookings are being accepted on board on a request basis, and the $100 deposit will be used to hold a reservation as soon as HAL finalizes the details.

Is someone paging me ?? :D ;)

Like the duchess said, the proposed itinerary is going to be Hamilton and St George's. Bookings are being accepted on board on a request basis, and the $100 deposit will be used to hold a reservation as soon as HAL finalizes the details.

So, why can't my PCC find out anything about this? I booked a FCC while onboard the day it was announced (on Eurodam). When you say booked, do you have a specific cabin? Or do you mean you have a FCC and someone will contact you when the dates are finalized?

August is hurricane season? We have been there in June.

Yes, August is hurricane season. You could even call it "high season" as August and September are the most active months.

Hurricane season extends from 6/1-11/30 every year.

Living is a risk. Everyone evaluates for themselves the level of risk they think they are facing and their comfort level with it.

If we lived our lives being so careful to remain totally risk free in all things, how much we would miss out on.

It's only a cruise in the end.

If there is a storm, the Captain will never put his passengers, crew and ship at risk. You will be safe but may not have the vacation you planned on.

In the end, that really isn't such a huge big deal IMO

The odds are strongly in favor of most going as planned.

Can't run from your shadow your whole life. IMO

June 30 to November 30 is hurricane season and patterns show our area most active normally in September. But, it is what it is. There is always a chance re bad weather when you travel. We were on the Eurodam from Quebec September 11th and got the end of Hannah along the Canadian coast. Tonight here on de rock we're getting a little bit of tropical storm Kyle as it goes by. Not too bad but I wouldn't want to be outside right now! I hope good weather follows all of you who venture to my home rock when HAL returns.

June 30 to November 30 is hurricane season and patterns show our area most active normally in September. But, it is what it is. There is always a chance re bad weather when you travel. We were on the Eurodam from Quebec September 11th and got the end of Hannah along the Canadian coast. Tonight here on de rock we're getting a little bit of tropical storm Kyle as it goes by. Not too bad but I wouldn't want to be outside right now! I hope good weather follows all of you who venture to my home rock when HAL returns.

What happened to all of the Vendors at Harbour night ???

We were there on 9/17 and only a handfull of them were there. The rock was beautiful as always :)

Insofar as the sailings are not loaded into the reservation system yet, what Vic has it what HAl calls a "Futuredam" cruise deposit. I've done this for several of my clients.

In layman's terms: cruise waitlist.

On Hal it is called Future Cruise Request. We did this when we wanted back-to-back Suites for Christmas and Millenium New Years Cruises. You put down a deposit, go on a list and when the bookings open, you are contacted for your choice of what they ultimately offer.

HAL is now taking those for Bermuda cruises.

Contact your TA and explain it to them if they are not familiar with doing this.... and, many are not.

Just back off the Veendam friday and the cruise booking agent could not tell us about this new cruise. His comment from the company was to wait and see and watch for annoucements. We did book another cruise for May 2009 on Maasdam. Veendam was great and Alaska was not raining at all. When we get a momment a report will follow. Colakid

If you take a look at this press release, it mentions MONDAY departures, not Saturday.

http://www.bermuda4u.com/news/cruise-ships-return-to-hamilton/

That would make the embarkation dates August 9 and 16.

That's interesting - you don't see too many Monday departures. It doesn't matter too much to me, any Bermuda cruise would be part of a larger East Coast vacation. I'm still interested to see what the actual itineraries are going to look like.

From that article:

The Veendam will offer 10 cruises in 2010 and 20 in 2011. She will sail from New York on Mondays and stay 3 nights in port.

If anyone knows when the cruising period ends for Bermuda (ie. last day of October) it should be easy to figure out when the first 2010 sailing will begin.

Get ready for double the traffic congestion to get to the pier on Mondays for NYC as opposed to a weekend sailing when the city is so much more quiet and it's easy to get around.

Archived