Clothing suggestions for Caribbean cruise

rubybc62

I've never done a Caribbean cruise and need suggestions on how to pack appropriately. This will be for early November. Is that attire during the daytime on the ship quite casual and would shorts, t-shirts, sundresses be ok?

What about the evenings? I will pack one formal outfit, but am not sure what to pack for the other evenings for dining, shows etc?

Are evenings cooler on the ship? If so I'd have to pack warm clothes too then I guess

Any suggestions would be helpful.

The t-shirts and shorts are fine for day. The first and last day of your cruise may be a little cool since it is November but the rest of the cruise should be warm.

As far as evenings - are you cold natured? If so then I would pack some sweaters that can be added as needed. I find the shows and the dining to be about the same temperature as what movies and restaurants on land are.

As far as what to pack for the evenings - what cruise line are you on? They have similar but different (did you get that?:D) dress codes and it really kind of depends on the length of the cruise and the line.

Hope you have a great time!!

It looks like you're sailing on NCL from your previous posts.

I've only sailed with Carnival but during sea days, I'm mostly in my swimsuit and coverup because I'm by the pools. Sundresses, casual skirts, shorts and t-shirts would be fine for around the ship during the day.

For nightime, clothing should be the same as your previous NCL cruises. I like to dress up a little, plus Carnival's dress code is a little different than NCL's. I wear cute skirts and tops, cute dresses and so on. I also take formal dresses or cocktail dresses for "cruise elegant" nights.

I also take a cardigan sweater and a wrap to go with different outfits just because I'm usually chilly in the air conditioning and it could be a little cool out on deck if the ship is really moving. I'm cruising in January so I'm going to take a hoodie for the plane and maybe for the ship if I get cold. But I'm flying out of the cold midwest so mostly it's for the time between the car and the airport!

This will be my fifth Caribben itinerary and here's what has worked for me.

I dress very casual during the day (basic shorts/capris, tanks and tees), "party casual" on regular nights (sundresses, cute capri or skirt outfits in light weights and colors - something a bit more festive than the business casual I wear every day), and evening separates or simple black dress with sparkly jewelry and embellished accessories on formal nights.

I bring one pair of shoes each for daytime, nightime, and formal- Very comfortable daytime shoes (I prefer Birks); dressier but also comfortable sandals for casual evenings (usually white sandals go with everyhing - white's always in season in the Caribbean) and strappy black or metallic sandals for formal (I also bring water shoes if we have a beach excursion) and usually some sort of pool shoe). I plan everything to go together. (For example. all the casual tops and tees go with all the shorts/capris). For those chilly times/places on the ship, I bring a cotton knit hoodie or cotton cardigan sweater for casual, a white crochet jacket/sweater or a simple white shawl for "regular" evenings, and a dressy shawl/wrap for formal.

In general, no matter what the time of year, you can dress "summer" in the Caribbean. Whatever you end up bringing, relax and enjoy your Caribbean cruise.:)

I agree with everything that has been said.

I would make sure to have some type of sweater, jacket and/or shawl that goes with various outfits, casual and dressy just in case you find it chilly.

I have found the dininig room and show venues to be chilly and on deck can be windy so be prepared. You may not need them but I would rather have them and not use them, then be cold.

Same applies to hairstyles. IF you think you will be out on deck don't spend time on an elaborate hairstyle that won't hold up to the wind. Even a quick stroll on deck can wreck havoc on your hairstyle.

Have a great cruise.

Last year was our first time to the Caribbean and I over packed. Next year I will live in swimsuites, shorts and tank tops for the day eveing I have a couple sundress from Hawaii, two cocktail dress for formal nights and nice tops with that can be worn with black pants. As for shoes I'm taking water shoes, 2 pairs of sandals and two pairs of evening shoes one black and one beige. Check thumbnail for picture of shoe

Next year we are doing three night pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale then a 10 night cruise, and I hope I don't over pack again.:eek:

Christine

0900631b8143dc53M.jpg.db2688cd5f9a37bbc4f64933a9c3fa6d.jpg

Last year was our first time to the Caribbean and I over packed. Next year I will live in swimsuites, shorts and tank tops for the day eveing I have a couple sundress from Hawaii, two cocktail dress for formal nights and nice tops with that can be worn with black pants. As for shoes I'm taking water shoes, 2 pairs of sandals and two pairs of evening shoes one black and one beige. Check thumbnail for picture of shoe

Next year we are doing three night pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale then a 10 night cruise, and I hope I don't over pack again.:eek:

Christine

Cute shoes! May I ask where you got them? Thanks!

Archived