Trolly Train?

Nothin' But Sun

Jan - thanks for the link. We are planning to do this during our day in Curacao in February.

I hope that Kyle isn't going to cause you too much trouble this weekend. For many years while I was growing up my family visited Maine during the summers (a small island off the coast near Boothbay Harbor). Some of my happiest memories growing up are my time in Maine. Best lobsters anywhere IMHO.

seadrifter --- was the small island Squirrel Island? Love the Boothbay Harbor region ... We had a lovely family reunion down there about 10 years ago ... so many great memories.

Kyle is bringing lots of rain ... It is expected to get worse this afternoon/evening. I think we will be ok ... this type of weather is much worse during an "ice out" timing (March-April). We will probably have lots of flooding and we might lose power. This weekend has been corn chowder and videos.

Please do me a favor and stop back after your day in Curacao. I still don't know what we are going to do at this port (our cruise isn't until August). I was thinking of doing the trolley and beach and then a little shopping. I've been studying "frommers" book and they said tours might not be worth the money spent.

Thanks, Jan

Hi Jan. My father's family had a cottage on Capitol Island (very small and close to Burnt Island where there was a lighthouse - maybe the lighthouse is still there and working?). We had a view of Squirrel Island from our front porch. We would walk down to the rocks above the ocean from the porch and pick wild blueberries on the way. I remember watching from the porch as the lobster-men checked their pots. Great times. But now DH and I love to cruise. I will make a note to post here when we return in February. Have a wonderful time on your cruise in August. And I hope the flooding and power-outages don't happen:).

• 1 month later...
Hi- If the Trolley Train leaves from Fort Amsterdam, it is a 5 minute walk from the inner harbor pier and a 15 minute walk from the sea pier. We have docked at both piers and always walked into Willemstad.

Thanks! We were in Curacao about 8 & 1/2 yrs ago but I don't remember seeing a trolley train!

Archived