Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Just an FYI for all you solo travelers, RCCL is currently offering an inside guarantee for a solo traveler on the May 30th sailing - and it is only 150% single supplement instead of the normal 200%.

Normally you don't see guarantees offered online for singles (you usually have to call) and it is not common for RCCL to offer reduced single supplement rates so both together is pretty shocking.

I am also sailing solo on the Seranade of the Seas on the same deal but departing San Francisco 2 May on a inside guarantee.

Thanks to the people in this forum that helped by posting.

I am trying to find out if a solo traveler can find a deal on the Hawaiian Norwegian Cruise lines for last minute travel. They have posted doubles at 950 and all agencies are quoting me 2500 for a solo traveler. I am booking a week in Oahu and want to book the March 7th one week cruise but I have no idea if I can get it for less money. Where do I start searching please help me with ideas. First time ever cruising solo:confused:

I am trying to find out if a solo traveler can find a deal on the Hawaiian Norwegian Cruise lines for last minute travel. They have posted doubles at 950 and all agencies are quoting me 2500 for a solo traveler. I am booking a week in Oahu and want to book the March 7th one week cruise but I have no idea if I can get it for less money. Where do I start searching please help me with ideas. First time ever cruising solo:confused:

I just went to Norwegian's web site and put in a single person and their rate was $1,998 ($999 pp), it probably doesn't included taxes but I figured that I would just check it out because it just seemed weird to me that the TA that you asked would charge 2 people $1,900 and $2,500 for one person. Anyway, you can go to the cruise company's web site and than compare that price with some of the TA's. If you're not stuck on going on a particular cruise line, you can see if other's are sailing on that date also.

I just went to Norwegian's web site and put in a single person and their rate was $1,998 ($999 pp), it probably doesn't included taxes but I figured that I would just check it out because it just seemed weird to me that the TA that you asked would charge 2 people $1,900 and $2,500 for one person. Anyway, you can go to the cruise company's web site and than compare that price with some of the TA's. If you're not stuck on going on a particular cruise line, you can see if other's are sailing on that date also.

Thank you. I guess I was trusting the TA too much. I also guess I was reading about deals for solo travelers and thought that was way too high.

April 17 - 11 day TA from Miami to London on the NCL Jewel: BB Balcony cabin around $900 for solo (various sites). I think I'm booking it today. :D -- anyone else?

Nancy

We'll wave to each other as we pass, somewhere in the North Atlantic.

I'm on the Gem, April 18, NYC - Barcelona.

Rich

Count me in to wave to you both as well :o) I am on a 14-day TA with RCCL Navigator on 4/16 to Barcelona for $563 (taxes and fees included) inside cabin :o)

Edited by elsje

I have never been able to do a Transatlantic either.

I cannot be gone from work at the end of the month:rolleyes:

Everytime I have looked at the dates of different TA's, they always

seem to be around the 24th or 25th...(seems that way to me

anyway) and when its a 2 week cruise I can never been

gone at those times:eek:

I know the prices ALWAYS seem to be lower too:(

Its the timing...it stinks for me:(

I have enuf vaca days (after 20 years at work), but I was still worried they'd reject it.... things are tuf at work these days.

Absolutely TA's are often cheaper; I kept trying 7-day Carrib, but they were all way more expensive. Plus I love all those sea days! :D

Same cruise: BB Balcony cabin around $900 for solo (various sites). I think I'm booking it today. :D -- anyone else?

Nancy

Could you tell me where you booked? Looked around on their website, but couldn't find the cruise? :confused:

Ok everbody ...lots of people say that Oceania sometimes has good prices for solos ...and lots of people say they don't want to pay Oceania prices.

Well, right now Oceania has 25% single supplement for ALL categories on the Regatta, Jan. 14, 2010, 16 night PANAMA CANAL full transit, Miami to Los Angeles.

You can get an inside for about $3200. That's $200 a night (single occupancy) for Oceania, and Panama Canal (which is always expensive even for double occupancy).

Sounds like a great opportunity ...if you have 16 days and $3200 :rolleyes:.

BTW, can we keep the chit chat down on this thread? There are more chatty posts than good solo prices posts. I get lots of emails alerting me to a new post on this thread, I go check it out, and it's usually just chat.

Hi I just found this thread ! And I travel solo mostly on RCL but I'd like to try Princess Lines which I've heard good things about.

But as far as I can see they never waiver from their 200% single supplement. Anyone know when they publish sales or if there is ever a

better deal for solo on Princess?

Thanks

Hi I just found this thread ! And I travel solo mostly on RCL but I'd like to try Princess Lines which I've heard good things about.

But as far as I can see they never waiver from their 200% single supplement. Anyone know when they publish sales or if there is ever a

better deal for solo on Princess?

Thanks

Mahya,

At times, I have traveled solo with RCL and have also heard good things about Princess, hence I am taking Caribbean Princess 5/24/09 out of Brooklyn, NY. First time with Princess and 9 cruises with RCL.

I am sure I will have a great time and as always can not wait!!!!

As you have cruised previously, then you know there are so many variables to single supplement.....

FYI, Princess is now giving us solo cruisers two credits for each cruise and I bet that the other cruise lines will follow. They should have been giving us credit all along!!!

Regards,

NewJersey222;):)

Marie

mem775416@aol.com

Uniworld waives single supplement on some fall Castles Along the Rhine River cruises: September 26, October 10, October 24, and November 7. You can check it out at their web page: http://www.uniworld.com/cruise.asp?ID=180 . Don't be misled by their confusing listing. At the top of the table on the page it reads: "on select 2009 spring departure dates. Book and Deposit on or before February 28, 2009." But down under the table is added "PLEASE NOTE: The Single Supplement offer applies to the following 2009 departures: September 26, October 10, October 24, and November 7". I'm not sure if the Feb. 28, 2009 booking deadline applies to the fall cruises or not. Contact your agent to be sure. I have booked one of these fall cruises. These are from Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland via Germany or the reverse.

Never been on a cruise before. Thinking about giving it a try next week. RCCL Navigator of the Seas, March 5.

I've read that RCCL offers an interline rate (I'm airline) but I'm wondering what to expect for a single supplement on a short notice booking like this?

Any ideas?

TIA.

Tipsy

Never been on a cruise before. Thinking about giving it a try next week. RCCL Navigator of the Seas, March 5.

I've read that RCCL offers an interline rate (I'm airline) but I'm wondering what to expect for a single supplement on a short notice booking like this?

Any ideas?

TIA.

Tipsy

Hi,:) Royal Caribbean charges 200% for their single supplement.

(Unless you can find this sailing on a Happy Hour price..which

sometimes has a lower ss.). But I would just expect to pay

the 200.

Hi,:) Royal Caribbean charges 200% for their single supplement.

(Unless you can find this sailing on a Happy Hour price..which

sometimes has a lower ss.). But I would just expect to pay

the 200.

Thanks...if that's the case, I'll be looking for another boat.

In this economy, that's simply ridiculous.

Tipsy

Hi Tipsy. I know that Carnivale offers an interline rate and if you can get a 1A cabin, the single supplement rate about 150%.

-Mark

Thanks Mark...I'll keep that in mind. I just called two interline agencies inquiring about a RCCL cruise sailing next week. They both had the same rate information...200% single supplement.

Tipsy