Radiance to be transferred to Pullmantur

Loyal2RCCL

Just kidding!!

My guess is Radiance would possibly be re-deployed to year round cruises in the South America or Asia, Australia/NZ market.

RCCL has been doing heavy marketing in these areas and has attracted a huge passenger base from these areas. Anyone who's cruised recently has probably been seen huge groups or South Americans and Asians onboard.

Not to mention with the future plans to transfer the Monarch (in 2009) and Majesty (in 2010) to Pullmantur, I would assume the smaller Vision Class ships will be used to replace them on the shorter cruises. Freeing up Rhapsody and Legend would just make sense.

Just kidding!!

My guess is Radiance would possibly be re-deployed to year round cruises in the South America or Asia, Australia/NZ market.

RCCL has been doing heavy marketing in these areas and has attracted a huge passenger base from these areas. Anyone who's cruised recently has probably been seen huge groups or South Americans and Asians onboard.

Not to mention with the future plans to transfer the Monarch (in 2009) and Majesty (in 2010) to Pullmantur, I would assume the smaller Vision Class ships will be used to replace them on the shorter cruises. Freeing up Rhapsody and Legend would just make sense.

With Celebrity pulling out of Asia/Australia, i doubt RCI will put another ship there

Just kidding!!

With the financial mess RCI is in your subject line does not look that far fetched.

With Celebrity pulling out of Asia/Australia, i doubt RCI will put another ship there

The main reason Celebrity pulled out was they were in direct competition with RCCL and both brands were "cancelling" each other out and neither was performing as expected. Since Celebrity has less ships in their fleet it only makes sense they would be the ones to bail, especially since they're soon to tranfer Galaxy and Mercury out of their fleet.

Back in 2006 RCCL was talking about basing the Serenade year round in Aust./NZ but reversed that decision when they decided to open an office in Asia. Putting the Radiance in the Asia/Down Under market year round or in S. America year round would give them more capacity in areas where their heavy marketing efforts have resulted in a huge customer base.

You might be kidding but it is not impossible.

Pullmantur are offering 'all inclusive' cruises here in Europe and they are proving to be very popular. I think they are about the only 'mass market' cruise line to offer this.

They do not allow bookings very far into the future. The 2009 bookings have only just opened. We have booked a suite on Zenith for July 2009 and I understand that nearly all balcony cabins went in the first few days that bookings were open.

If a cruise line in the group can fill ships like this then maybe RCI will consider transferring one of their larger ships to their subsidiary.

While anything is possible, I doubt that any Radiance class ships will be transferred out of the RCI Fleet while there are still Vision class ships available to fill out the Pullmantur fleet. :rolleyes:

Bill, I was only joking. I have no doubt the RD will remain with RCCL for some time. Pullmantur is getting the 3 Soveriegn class ships between now and 2010 so the chances of even a Vision class getting moved over would be slim at this point.

RCL has Azamara which is their upscale ship doing Hong Kong to Singapore so there don't need Celebrity there.

However,unless Azamara stops hemmorhaging cash for RCL,there are serious rumours that one or even both their ships will be returning to Pullmantur for them to add tonnage to their new French "all-inclusive" line CDF which has been sailing at close to a 90% occupancy rate with great reviews from their mainly French clientel with their one ship, the ex Europa since May of this year.

However,unless Azamara stops hemmorhaging cash for RCL,there are serious rumours that one or even both their ships will be returning to Pullmantur for them to add tonnage to their new French "all-inclusive" line CDF which has been sailing at close to a 90% occupancy rate with great reviews from their mainly French clientel with their one ship, the ex Europa since May of this year.

Can you provide a link for this story or analysis. This is the first that I have heard of this; I don't hang out on Azamara's boards. Thanks.

It hasn't been officially announced to the public but it's going to happen. Monarch followed by Majesty. All within two years.

Interesting, weren't you the one who declared early in the year the changes to C&A benefits within weeks not months? Sorry, but your info has lost a bit of credibility.:rolleyes:

To OP, not funny,:( many of us cruise RCI because of the Radiance class. My heart stopped beating until I got to the "Just Kidding" line.;)

Interesting, weren't you the one who declared early in the year the changes to C&A benefits within weeks not months? Sorry, but your info has lost a bit of credibility.:rolleyes:

To OP, not funny,:( many of us cruise RCI because of the Radiance class. My heart stopped beating until I got to the "Just Kidding" line.;)

Sorry for the scare-- I just couldn't resist. Radiance class are also my favorite ships!

Actually the info on the C&A program changing is not new news. It will be changed at some point. Actually one of the changes they were considering was to base the levels on the number of days at sea rather than the length of the cruise. HAL has this as part of their program. I would also expect changes to the amenities offered to each level. A few months back they sent our an online survey asking for opinions on what you'd like to see in a new program.

Celebrity is due to announce changes to their Capt. Circle program in the very near future so expect RCCL to follow shortly thereafter expecially now that they finally got the computer problems fixed with the cruise credits.

Sorry for the scare-- I just couldn't resist. Radiance class are also my favorite ships!

Actually the info on the C&A program changing is not new news. It will be changed at some point. Actually one of the changes they were considering was to base the levels on the number of days at sea rather than the length of the cruise. HAL has this as part of their program. I would also expect changes to the amenities offered to each level. A few months back they sent our an online survey asking for opinions on what you'd like to see in a new program.

Celebrity is due to announce changes to their Capt. Circle program in the very near future so expect RCCL to follow shortly thereafter expecially now that they finally got the computer problems fixed with the cruise credits.

Oh, my heart is back to beating again.:eek: :D

Regarding the changes to C&A, I'm guessing they will be changed. My concern is when someone who has been so wrong in the past, can once again announce as fact something without any back up.:rolleyes:

No.........actually sometimes people like Tony (kewlguy) get information....that has not been announced.....and sometimes put it out.....and then RCCL decides that the timing is not right. Normally, when Tony puts something out....it turns out to be true. So, don't blame him for mis information, I would have a tendency to put the blame on RCCL. Unfortunately.......Tony decided to be the messenger.

I have been told many things...........and I have learned just to keep them to myself. Some of what I have been told is coming true......and some not, or on hold. It's sad to report that some of the C&A benefits given to members with over 75 cruise credits are now being taken away.

Jeka.........I have always appreciated your input. You seem to be right on with your facts. Keep up the great work.......and cut kewlguy a little slack.:D :D Thanks!!

Rick

I could care less what you believe and what you don't. The two ships in question will be out of the fleet in a couple of years. Also the info about the loyalty program changes are also a fact. I never said when. I said changes were imminent according to what I was told. Maybe the uproar on the boards caused a delay in the plans.

No.........actually sometimes people like Tony (kewlguy) get information....that has not been announced.....and sometimes put it out.....and then RCCL decides that the timing is not right. Normally, when Tony puts something out....it turns out to be true. So, don't blame him for mis information, I would have a tendency to put the blame on RCCL. Unfortunately.......Tony decided to be the messenger.

I have been told many things...........and I have learned just to keep them to myself. Some of what I have been told is coming true......and some not, or on hold. It's sad to report that some of the C&A benefits given to members with over 75 cruise credits are now being taken away.

Jeka.........I have always appreciated your input. You seem to be right on with your facts. Keep up the great work.......and cut kewlguy a little slack.:D :D Thanks!!

Rick

Thanks Rick. The funny thing is the reason I posted what I was told was to give people the heads up if for instance they were a cruise or two short of Diamond. I stand by my reputation on these boards for the past 4+ years regardless of any personal attacks aimed at me. :)

Thanks Rick. The funny thing is the reason I posted what I was told was to give people the heads up if for instance they were a cruise or two short of Diamond. I stand by my reputation on these boards for the past 4+ years regardless of any personal attacks aimed at me. :)

It wasn't a personal attack, it was a fact. Perhaps you should take advice from Rick, and not post information that RCI hasn't made public.

Last night it was Sue, tonight it's Tony. Jeka does not seem to be able to post to a thread without going after people.

Having a difference of opinion or even a critical comment is fine. But there's a tactful way to make your point.

Rick

Thanks, and I think your approach is the correct course of action, keep info to yourself until it's fact.

Last night it was Sue, tonight it's Tony. Jeka does not seem to be able to post to a thread without going after people.

Having a difference of opinion or even a critical comment is fine. But there's a tactful way to make your point.

And my point tonight is people should not post info that has not been publicly announced. The C&A announcement by kewguy caused a lot of angst on this website and it proved to be unwarranted.

And my point tonight is people should not post info that has not been publicly announced. The C&A announcement by kewguy caused a lot of angst on this website and it proved to be unwarranted.

Well, I'm not sure how you would really know it cause "a lot of angst" beyond yourself, so your comment has just a bit of hyperbole. :rolleyes:

Cruise Critic isn't the New York Times. People don't have to verify something with 3 independent sources before posting it. I have no doubt Tony heard what he reported. There are several possible reasons why the changes have not yet come to bear. But I appreciate him posting the info, because it provides insight into things that may happen. IME, you can learn a lot from crew that you develop a relationship with. Sometimes it's accurate; sometimes not.

I think the savvy Cruise Critic learns 2 things quickly: 1) nothing here is written in stone and it's all subject to change, and 2) you're only as good as your reputation. People like Tony and Sue who cruise regularly, spend time here, and post constructively and politely get my respect.

Archived