Rev Neal -Where are you!

geocruiser

RevNeal,

I have been through this situation myself with several family members. I know how draining it can be.

Take care of yourself and your Mom. At times like this, the patiemt has doctors and nurses tending to them, but family members are running on pure adrenelin and you can run down pretty quickly.

The emotional factor, plus the back and forth to the hospital and the long hours of sitting there can take a toll.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Dear Greg,

I don't visit this board any longer, but fortunately I have friends who do and they let me know about the sad and difficult time you are going through with your grandmother.

Having a mother 96 years old, I know that no matter how old the people we love get, we're never ready to let them go.

We can only pray for her a passing with as much ease and peace as possible. You will miss her, I know, and I am so very sorry.

Heather

Rev Neal, I'm sure you grandmother is getting the best care possible. You and especially your mother need to take the time to take care of yourselves. It won't do your grandmother any good if either or both of you get ill. Vaya Con Dias. Jane and Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Rev Neal, I've missed you, too. We were on our cruise when this thread started, and I'm just now catching up. Your mother and grandmother are fortunate to have such a loving son and grandson -- though I guess they had something to do with your having such a big heart. When my mother is ill and I'm doing something for her, she'll say, "Oh, you don't need to stay; I don't want to be a burden." That's when I remind her of how many times she sat up with ME when I was ill.

Sometimes it's hard to know just how aware someone is when they're just lying there. When my grandmother was dying and incoherent, she scrawled a note in the middle of the night, telling her loved ones that she would always be with us. So maybe your grandmother knows that you and your mother are there. I hope that thought comforts you.

Linda

Rev,

I just found this thread today ... as I just returned from a long cruise ... and I am truly sorry to hear about your family challenges with your grandmother.

We hate to ever let them go ... but you have the right attitude ... let her go in peace and with her dignity intact. That is often the best thing we can pray for.

My dad too is up there in years. Though he is still independent and living with me, he is approaching 95 and I do see him starting to slow down quite a bit. Just the thought of losing him one day terrorizes me, but when that day comes, I only hope I can help him through it, as well as maintain my own sanity. I will look upon your attitude as an example of just how to do that.

As you know, you and I often disagree on these boards over some issues ... but know that you and your family are in my prayers, and if there is anything I can do, you know my email address.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I want to thank all of you for your very kind words and prayers regarding what we've been going through the last few months. It's been difficult, but things are improving as both my mother and I have learned how to deal with the situation. Being away from this board, where I like to have fun and where I've made many dear friends, has left me feeling a bit disconnected. Hence, I decided that, for my own recreational good-humor, I needed to get back to talking about one of my very favorite pass-times. So, I'm back. :)

Blessings and peace to all of you.

Rev Neal - I am happy to see you back. I have missed your contribution to many threads. You always try to be non-judgmental to new HAL cruisers, and I appreciated it. "Recreational good humor" is good for everyone and it's nice that you once again have time to indulge. My thoughts are still with you, your mother, and grandmother. Cherie

Welcome back

And yes you have been missed.

Glad you have decided to come back, even in the face of a serious situation you need an occasional break to recharge and keep yourself sane .

My continued thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Archived