9/30/08 LIVE from Carnival Miracle

Radio

Bon Voyage! We just got home a few hours ago from our cruise on the Miracle. :( :( :( We missed SJ, but had a great time in St. Thomas and Tortola. We had rocking and rolling for 24 hours last week that you would NEVER BELIEVE. We loved it! Very bad weather sailing down, but once we hit the islands it was beautiful and sail back was great too. You will LOVE the Miracle! Very clean, wonderful friendly staff. Try the "pot roast" at the American Theme of Nations lunch. Best I have ever tasted. The loin lamp chops the 2nd to last night in the dining room were out of this world also.

hello cruisnkaren, i was on the miracle the sailing before yours. since you missed pr,what did they do for you? i loved st. thomas the most. did you play any of the trivia games with big sexy, pip and binky? did you play the bingo games?

kokopops, we didn't play any games. We are "sit at the pool and veg out" people when we cruise! :p They gave us $20 OBC since we missed SJ for port charges. If we had to miss SOMETHING, I am glad it was SJ. There was a medical emergency right after we sailed and the Capt. had to go somewhere or other in the middle of the night to transport the passenger and with the rough seas, he had to slow the ship down. So we were in St. Tom until 8pm- looking foward to going to Sapphire Beach but the facilities (places to eat, etc) were closed. Under new management or something or other, so the taxi driver took us to Blue Moon Resort and we had a great time. In Tortola we went to Cane Garden Bay. I am in SEVERE depression right now. I even miss the purple grapes in the dining room! :p Loved the chicken fingers and onion rings at the lunch grill!

Hello everyone ! We made it On-Board. . . I was very surprised about how smooth the drive was. . . We made it to NJ by 930AM, and we were in front of Pier 90 by 11:30AM.

We parked the car, and made it into the terminal quickly. We had a little bit of a wait inside while checking in,(a large wedding party had to board first) but we boarded by 1PM. . .

We went up to Horatio’s for a bite to eat. The buffet area was very busy, with a lot of lines. . . But that should be expected during embarkation.

My first impression of Miracle is very very nice. . .She is certainly a beautiful ship, and quite different than other classes of CCL ships I have sailed. I have a lot of the ship to explore, which I will be doing throughout the week.

We went up to Nick and Norah’s (Alt Dining), and made a reservation for Thursday evening.

We must go to the Muster drill at 4PM, and get ready for sail away at 415PM.

Here are a few pics from our arrival. . More pics to follow after Sail away !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Getting ready to enter the Lincoln Tunnel

T1.JPG

Busy Manhattan (heading North on 12th Ave)

T3.JPG

The Miracle is waiting for us !

T6.JPG

A very busy Passenger Terminal Today

T8.JPG

Sunny Promenade (Deck 3)

T9.JPG

Our Cabin on Deck 4 (8A)/ Port Side Aft

T10.JPG

I am so excited to read this live from report. I love all reviews and devour them. But Miracle is the ship I will be sailing on not till Next September but I totally can't wait. I am so excited this will help to make the time pass more quickly.

Happy sailing!

For those of you who are familiar with Mach's reviews (a frequent contributor to the Carnival boards), you'll find that Radio's are equally as informative, and he includes the most beautiful pictures of the ship as well as the ports.

Mark, I can't wait for your daily entries on this ship. We've sailed sister ship, Pride, and will be sailing her other sister, Spirit (Hawaii, 2009), in the fall of next year. We loved the Pride, so we know you'll love the Miracle!

Bon Voyage!

You can't see hell from Reno but you can see Sparks

Hey Radio,

I am really looking forward to this "live" post. We are thinking about doing the 2 nighter next October.

We actually sailed the same day as the Miracle on 8/29....hope you enjoy much better weather/ports than that cruise did.

Looking forward to your posts and pics.

Thanks again for doing this.

When is your next cruise?

Hello everyone. . . Tomorrow I will be leaving early for my drive to New York City. I wil be boarding Carnival Miracle for an 8 Night Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Our ports will feature San Juan, St Thomas USVI, and Tortola BVI.

I am very excited about the Miracle; the newest Spirit Class ship. I have never been on that class of ship, and I have heard great things about Miracle.

It will also be sort of a "Preview Cruise" for me since it was just announced recently that CCL has decided to bring the Carnival Pride (Spirit Class 2002) to my home Port of Baltimore year round starting in September 2009.

The NYCruise website has suggested that we will be joined tomorrow by 2 other ships. . . The Saga Ruby (ex Vistafjord, ex MS Caronia),

and the National Geographic Explorer (ex Hurtigruten Lyngen)

I am not sure what pier they will be at yet, but I will try to get some pics.

Those of you who have followed my "LIVE" reports with RCI, and HAL, and NCL already know that I will provide daily comments and trip

reports from this cruise.

My first "LIVE" report on Carnival was in August 2008 on Carival Victory. (Cruise To Canada)

I will also try to post many "LIVE" pics daily (as long as I am able to maintain a valid wireless connection)

I should be getting to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal by around 1PM. (depending on Traffic)

Mrs Radio is very excited about her first Cruise from NYC, and she is VERY excited about going back to St Thomas, USVI ! !

Sail Away is scheduled for 5PM. The forecast for tomorrow sounds good, and I will post once I get set up in my Cabin !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

©2008 Carnival Cruise Lines

I was able to snag pics of both the Saga Ruby and the National Geographic Explorer if you don't get them. I was coming into port on the Miracle and passed the NGE on our way in.

terri, it seems like yesterday i was sitting in my chair waiting for my row to be called, while watching the passangers debarking from the miracle with :( that a week ago were :D . it was me with the :D that day,only to be replaced by a :( all to soon. as i was waiting outside for the limo to pick me & wife up, i watched the :D on the faces of the people getting ready to board the miracle, thinking :D now,for all to soon it will be replaced with a frown.

Hello everyone ! We sailed away at about 4:30PM. We haven’t had any rain today, but the skies have been cloudy and gray.

The photos would be much nicer if we had sunny skies, but no

worries. . .we have 8 nights to go !

We have a small Cocktail Party to attend at 7, and then Dinner at 815 in the Bacchus Dining Room, and then the Welcome Aboard show at 1030 (I hope I can stay up. . .)

We have a very friendly Cabin Attendant, and our cabin is perfect. . .Very roomy!

We have 2 full days at Sea ahead of us. Mrs Radio says she want to sleep and shop for a couple of days. I have a Seminar at Sea to attend tomorrow, but that is only for a few hours. . .

I will post a few of the activities being held for our day at sea tomorrow. I will also be able to provide many photos of our journey to the Caribbean.

So far, So good ! I am looking forward to the next 8 nights :-)

Here are a few pics from our sail away. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Muster Drill Fun !

T13.JPG

Pulling away from the Terminal (Pier 90) A lttle cloudy. . .

T19.JPG

Saga Ruby (will be leaving NYC tomorrow)

T15.JPG

The USS Nimitz Pier (The Nimitz will return in November for Re Grand Opening)

T16.JPG

Staten Island Ferry is packed with commuters. . .

T18.JPG

Statue of Liberty

T17.JPG

Have fun tonight Radio! Enjoy each day because, boy, does it go fast! My DS and DIL just left-they were on the cruise with us and they are wondering what to do about dinner and WHAT we will do without chocolate melting cake for dessert. :( We were in cabin 4228, corner aft wrap balcony. You probably have the same stewards we did. Darned if I can remember their names now! The assistant steward looks like a very young Jim Carrey. Tell them Karen says hi! HAVE A BLAST! BTW, the Capt. is great. Very funny, personable and even walked around the Lido pool deck a few days. At the repeaters cocktail party, he actually came into the audience and talked to people.

KoKoPops - I got ya on your post! lol! I was certainly :( when were in port last Monday waiting to get off and seeing all the :D people in the terminal sitting and waiting to get on! And now they are :( too! I am still :( too! lol!!

Loving everything so far, Radio!!! Thanks so much!!! Can't wait for your next post and pics so can you kind of hurry??? I want to :D

I am really looking forward to your live reports, especially because my Aunt and Uncle are on this cruise. I know that they won't be online at all. So.... if you have a chance and really want to surprise them for me - they're on the Veranda deck - 7206. If you feel like it, tell them that Mary and Thelma say hello. Their names are Joe and Louise.

Happy cruising. Wish I was there!

Mary

Archived