Suggestions for finding small size shoes?

Bookish Angel

I am 5' 2", 102 pounds and have freakishly small feet; 4.5 NARROW. Consequently, I have great difficulty finding good quality, leather adult dress shoes here in Virginia.

I have ordered from Cinderella of Boston and their shoes are ok, but not of the highest quality. I prefer dark, closed toe classic pumps for work and nothing too flashy (no rhinestones, etc.) for formal shoes and no patent leather ever. Casual sandals and running/athletic shoes are not a problem as I buy kid/youth sizes.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for small size adult dress shoes - the Dora the Explorer and Hello Kitty lines just aren't cutting it anymore. Cost is not a consideration if I can find good shoes.

I am 5' 2", 102 pounds and have freakishly small feet; 4.5 NARROW. Consequently, I have great difficulty finding good quality, leather adult dress shoes here in Virginia.

I have ordered from Cinderella of Boston and their shoes are ok, but not of the highest quality. I prefer dark, closed toe classic pumps for work and nothing too flashy (no rhinestones, etc.) for formal shoes and no patent leather ever. Casual sandals and running/athletic shoes are not a problem as I buy kid/youth sizes.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for small size adult dress shoes - the Dora the Explorer and Hello Kitty lines just aren't cutting it anymore. Cost is not a consideration if I can find good shoes.

One word for you: Nordstroms.

A quick search pulled up 432 pairs of shoes in size 4.5 Narrow. There is no need for you to purchase children's shoes.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/SR?CatID=6000009%7cWomen%27s+Shoes&ShoeSearch=true&width=2A&widthname=2A%2c+AA%2c+N+%2cNarrow&origquery=catid%2cwidth&searchorigin=AdvancedSearch

I've ordered athletic shoes from them but so far have had no luck with dress shoes. Problem is, I like really plain shoes; I don't like a long, pointy toe or one that is too rounded, either. I don't like ornamentation or chunky heels or, well - you get the picture!

I have check the Nordstrom's site and have ordered a pair of black Stuart Weitzman pumps that might work - I have another pair of SW's and they fit well but they are dark green and not a color I get much use from.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

You don't us where you live, but if you live in an area with upscale dept stores like Neimans, Sak's, etc, you should ask the shoe dept to keep you on the list for the designer trunk shows.

About once or twice a year, representatives from companies like Ferragamo, Manolo Blahnik, etc will have a one day trunk show previewing the next season's collections and will take special orders for hard to find sizes.

Jane, funny you mention the trunk shows & ordering. My mom was just saying how hard it is to find small shoes. She remembers when she was young and worked in a JC Penneys. Shoe salesmen came and they showed sample shoes that could be ordered. They would sell her the samples because they were her size. But that was long ago!

A trunk show sounds like a lot of fun! Sadly I am far away from anything like that.

kelly

My adult daughter wears a size 4 shoe and has a similar problem.

This is what has worked for her(I live in NNJ and she lives in Manhattan).

One word: Nordstroms.

Nordstroms for years has been a reliable source and you can find shoes in this size for about $70 up, they have great sales and a wide variety of styles. My daughter has her name/address/phone with the sales mgr there and is contacted when their trunk shows are and sales. Their return policies are wonderful. Their online inventory is not quite as good in her size, but there is a fair selection, with the same return policies.

Cinderella of Boston--the sizing is not reliable, the quality subpar and the return policy not so great-been there and done that--no more.

Nordstroms! Yes.

• 2 months later...

Nordstroms, yes. Cinderella of Boston, no. I wear children's size 2.5 or 3 depending on the style and Nordstroms carries shoes that fit me. Twice a year the two Nordstroms within driving distance to my home have events for those that wear shoes that are hard to find; very small and very large. Good luck!

Archived