Cruise Comparisons

ScotFi

Hi

Booked a cruise for Sept on Carnival Celebration which was cancelled due to her being sold. We then booked on Enchantment on which we had a ball.

We have just started looking for next year and were thinking about Carnival Freedom. We are aware price, itinerary and personal choice are the main influencers when deciding but would value your wealth of experience. Especially if anyone has experienced both ships. We have only cruised once.

Fortunately taking a short cruise has worked DH hooked.

Scotfi:)

Welcome Back! I'm glad you enjoyed the Enchantment.. she's a great ship.

Having experienced RCCL as your first cruise, you may be a bit spoiled and might find Carnival not as nice. I've sailed both lines and prefer RCCL for the beauty and easy layout of their ships as well as for their service.

I'm not a fan of Carnival's tacky, over the top decor. I also don't like the flow of their ships. You can't walk from front to back of the ship on all decks without going up or down a deck or two to circumnavigate a galley or other area. The design of Carnival ships also causes congestion in a lot of the public areas where on RCCL ships you never really feel like part of a herd.

I also think RCCL has much better service and their ships are cleaner.

I'm sure which ever cruise you decide on you'll have a great time.

Welcome Back! I'm glad you enjoyed the Enchantment.. she's a great ship.

Having experienced RCCL as your first cruise, you may be a bit spoiled and might find Carnival not as nice. I've sailed both lines and prefer RCCL for the beauty and easy layout of their ships as well as for their service.

I'm not a fan of Carnival's tacky, over the top decor. I also don't like the flow of their ships. You can't walk from front to back of the ship on all decks without going up or down a deck or two to circumnavigate a galley or other area. The design of Carnival ships also causes congestion in a lot of the public areas where on RCCL ships you never really feel like part of a herd.

I also think RCCL has much better service and their ships are cleaner.

I'm sure which ever cruise you decide on you'll have a great time.

Thanks for the the info and we are sure we will have a great time whatever we decide.

Thanks again

Scotfi

I've cruised on RC and CCL. The lines are very similar. I think you will have a wonderful time on either of these lines. Royal Caribbean ships are very nicely decorated. Carnival ships are brightly decorated! Of course, bright colors don't bother me! We cruised on the Voyager this past April, and it is a beautiful ship. We had a great time. The ice shows are wonderful!!! There is a deck that goes all around the ship. This is my favorite part of the ship because I love to exercise (walk) on this deck. There are also lounging chairs that are great for sleeping or reading.

Carnival ships are "fun" and there is always something to do on them. You can eat 24 hours a day on a CCL ship if you want to. I also LOVE the soft ice cream which is available at least 12 hours of the day! There are many quiet places on a Carnival ship, also.

Have a great time, whatever you decide!:)

I've cruised on RC and CCL. The lines are very similar. I think you will have a wonderful time on either of these lines. Royal Caribbean ships are very nicely decorated. Carnival ships are brightly decorated! Of course, bright colors don't bother me! We cruised on the Voyager this past April, and it is a beautiful ship. We had a great time. The ice shows are wonderful!!! There is a deck that goes all around the ship. This is my favorite part of the ship because I love to exercise (walk) on this deck. There are also lounging chairs that are great for sleeping or reading.

Carnival ships are "fun" and there is always something to do on them. You can eat 24 hours a day on a CCL ship if you want to. I also LOVE the soft ice cream which is available at least 12 hours of the day! There are many quiet places on a Carnival ship, also.

Have a great time, whatever you decide!:)

I've never been on a Carnival ship.

Royal Caribbean ships are fun, and there is always something to do on them. You can eat 24 hours a day on a Royal Caribbean ship if you want to. I also (don't really) LOVE the soft ice cream which is available on most ships during all daylight hours on the pool deck. Some have machines inside the Windjammer. There are many quiet places on a Royal Caribbean ship, also.

Have a great time, whatever you decide! :)

I've never been on a Carnival ship.

Royal Caribbean ships are fun, and there is always something to do on them. You can eat 24 hours a day on a Royal Caribbean ship if you want to. I also (don't really) LOVE the soft ice cream which is available on most ships during all daylight hours on the pool deck. Some have machines inside the Windjammer. There are many quiet places on a Royal Caribbean ship, also.

Have a great time, whatever you decide! :)

I agree!:D

I agree!:D

Except for the ice cream comment. I do love the soft ice cream.

I have cruised on RC, Princess, and Carnival, and have really enjoyed every cruise I've been on. I don't have anything bad to say about any of them. My DH and I have visited many fantastic places that I would have never seen if it hadn't been for cruising!

Happy cruising to all!

Hey you have Independence over there. :D Can't get any better than Independence. ;) That's why I am waiting for her to come over here.

Hi

We are intending to travel Sept and although we are aware it is hurricane season we are hopeful that the weather is better. We also get more for our pound in US.

Scotfi

Hi

Booked a cruise for Sept on Carnival Celebration which was cancelled due to her being sold. We then booked on Enchantment on which we had a ball.

We have just started looking for next year and were thinking about Carnival Freedom. We are aware price, itinerary and personal choice are the main influencers when deciding but would value your wealth of experience. Especially if anyone has experienced both ships. We have only cruised once.

Fortunately taking a short cruise has worked DH hooked.

Scotfi:)

What ship are you considering with Royal Caribbean? That could make a huge difference.

Hi

We are intending to travel Sept and although we are aware it is hurricane season we are hopeful that the weather is better. We also get more for our pound in US.

Scotfi

Look at Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral which also places you near Orlando if you would like to combine Disney/Universal in your trip.

If you'd like to see more Caribbean Ports look at Adventure of the Seas out of Puerto Rico.

Archived