Purchasing bottle of wine w/anytime dining

hotrockstar

I was wondering how it works if I'm doing anytime dining and would like to purchase a bottle of wine? I've always done traditional dining and they hold the bottle for me and have it ready on the table the next night. Can they still hold the wine even though I'll be eating at different restaurants every night? Or, another option is for me to bring on a bottle, get charged corkage, and schlep around it every night to dinner. How would I do this?

No worries, we did it just fine. Since there is two anytime DR's you would think the wine would get lost. You do have to ask for it, they have it set aside with your name on it. We did it 5 or 6 times, we never remembered which DR we were in from one time to the next but we always got our wine.

We even went to the specialty restaurant one night and our waiter offered to go and get it for us.

I was wondering how it works if I'm doing anytime dining and would like to purchase a bottle of wine? I've always done traditional dining and they hold the bottle for me and have it ready on the table the next night......

Tell them which dining room you were in the night the bottle was purchased and your name and room number. They'll retrieve your bottle.

At least that is what has worked many times for us.

Who has leftover wine?

:rolleyes:...:p...;)..:D

Seriously, If by chance you haven't finished your bottle, your waiter will tag it with your ID number & name from your card. The next night, whichever dining room your eating in, tell the waiter that you have a bottle of wine from the previous night.

I was wondering how it works if I'm doing anytime dining and would like to purchase a bottle of wine? I've always done traditional dining and they hold the bottle for me and have it ready on the table the next night. Can they still hold the wine even though I'll be eating at different restaurants every night? Or, another option is for me to bring on a bottle, get charged corkage, and schlep around it every night to dinner. How would I do this?

Who has leftover wine? Seriously, If by chance you haven't finished your bottle, your waiter will tag it with your ID number & name from your card. The next night, whichever dining room your eating in, tell the waiter that you have a bottle of wine from the previous night.

If DH and I have leftover wine, it's because we're into a second bottle! :D

Mazel Tov!

Chris

Thanks everyone for your posts. You've helped a lot!

In regards to the not finishing the whole bottle in one night, I'll be with my mom who is an avid White Zinfandel drinker :eek:, and I love a good Cab or Syrah, so I get to "nurse" my own bottle for a couple nights, and ditto for her. And, yes it's very easy for me to drink the whole bottle in one night ;) but I will have been drinking Pina Coladas all day and you know... Never mix the grain with the grape!!

Thanks everyone for your posts. You've helped a lot!

In regards to the not finishing the whole bottle in one night, I'll be with my mom who is an avid White Zinfandel drinker , and I love a good Cab or Syrah, so I get to "nurse" my own bottle for a couple nights, and ditto for her. And, yes it's very easy for me to drink the whole bottle in one night but I will have been drinking Pina Coladas all day and you know... Never mix the grain with the grape!!

My DB calls it "sissy wine" But I don't care, I still love drinking White Zin anyway. :p

If I were on your cruise I would gladly help your mom polish it off...;)

And, what do you mean never mix? :rolleyes: Your on vacation!!!! :D

Ooo, aaah, my all time Favorite Cruise Drink- Pina Coladas!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Wish I was going with you.

:)

I must have a strong constitution, I never (knocks wood) get a hangover.

Beer before liquor, never been sicker,

liquor before beer, you're in the clear.

It's all about pacing yourself anyway! :D :D

Three weeks from tomorrow and I'll be ready to mix the grape with the grain!!

Have fun

Archived