Crown Grill Favorites

loves2cruz

What are your favorites? Looking forward to trying the Crown Grill on our upcoming cruise on the Emerald.

The porterhouse steak is great, but it is huge. It takes up the whole plate, so only order it if you have a huge appetite. If you order the mashed potatoes, have them add garlic to them....makes them even yummier. Not all of the lobster on the menu carries an extra fee. The regular lobster tails are great too. We didn't even order them, but our waiter brought them because he thought we'd like them. We did! My favorite thing on the menu is actually a dessert. It's the Molten Dutch Chocolate Obsession...and it's to die for! It's a "must have" for a true chocoholic.

My favs were not the main dishes......the lobster cake, the black and blue onion soup....our waiter suggested we try the "main course" prawns also as an appetizer....and the sampler dessert.

Next time might have doubles of some of those.

I had the mussels as an appetizer and they were yummy also the saled with roasted beets and goat cheese! Everything we ate we enjoyed, so much so that we ate there twice on our last 10 day cruise on the Emerald.

We ordered the clam dish and the mussels as appetizers and they were excellent, highly recommended. All the steaks and filets we have had were excellent too, a big step above the regular DR steaks. It's actually hard to choose, but the waiters are more than glad to bring out extra appetizers or entrees for everyone to try. We usually get an order of the included lobster tails in addition to out steaks.

Everything looks so good on the Crown menu. Are the portions similar to the size or the dining room, or are they smaller or larger. I am asking because I would like to sample the menu, without ending up with a dinner for 6 placed on the table before my husband and I?

Archived