Can HAL do no wrong? - Ever?

HamOp

^

|

|

|

|

|

^ <--------------Who are you going to throw overboard? Me? How could you?

I don't know about you, but I would toss deck chair hogs before cigar smokers. :)

I don't know... are you a dog or a cigar smoker? Either way, overboard you go! :D

You aren't kidding! I think the Princess board is by far the worst out of all of them. Say one thing negative, despite many positives and watch out! :rolleyes: I've found the HAL & RCI boards much more calm & reasonable.

I find them on every board. The worst I've found have been on the Celebrity board, but there is plenty of competition for that "honor" from the rest of the boards.

We pretty much stayed away from Celebrity because I read an interesting review from someone here whom I have tremendous respect for. Right or wrong...that's what we did. Now I will say that HAL was ahead in the first place. We love the suite amenities and that's what sold us in the first place, and that's what will probably keep us coming back. But this posters review definitely had a major impact on our decision about Celebrity.

That wasn't my review was it?

By the way, after I posted what I thought was fair and balanced review (I gave Celebrity a 5 star for value), and I tried to stay away from subjective things like food taste, I got blasted by some Celebrity regulars for being negative. (which was strange after I said I recommended Celebrity for a short vacation on a clean ship at a good value)

Even the moderator had a bad cruise on Celebrity and said he was going to try Princess. I wish I followed to see what happened and if he had "found a new home" with Princess cruises.

That wasn't my review was it?

By the way, after I posted what I thought was fair and balanced review (I gave Celebrity a 5 star for value), and I tried to stay away from subjective things like food taste, I got blasted by some Celebrity regulars for being negative. (which was strange after I said I recommended Celebrity for a short vacation on a clean ship at a good value)

Even the moderator had a bad cruise on Celebrity and said he was going to try Princess. I wish I followed to see what happened and if he had "found a new home" with Princess cruises.

It wasn't your review (it was a male poster-if I remember correctly, he even got off the ship early), but I do remember your review and always take interest in what you have to say since your posts are always fair and balanced. I've even made notes from your posts and filed them away in my travel file. So keep posting! :)

We have friends that cruise Princess exclusively and have no desire to change. We're that way with HAL. The suite perks pulled us in and the service hooked us. So until there's a problem (and there may never be), we're staying. We don't vacation enough to try different cruise lines, so we go with the "sure thing" now. Maybe in the future when hubby can get out of the office more, we'd be willing to try others. :)

Archived