Can HAL do no wrong? - Ever?

HamOp

I agree MOSTLY jhannah... Where I differ is that I believe people have evry right to have the impression that their eggs are too dry, or whatever... they usually don't just say THAT though, but rather more of a:

"Those b__tards overcooked my eggs... EVERYDAY... on purpose to SPITE ME... and THEN they have the NERVE to deny my demand for a FULL REFUND. Those dry eggs ruined my ENTIRE vacation!!"

Otherwise, I fully second your thoughts :)

Look you weren't there .....you don't know what I went through

That B-tard did over cook my eggs EVERYDAY. I heard him tell the other staff in Lido he was going to overcook them just to screw with me.

I begged the Food and Beverage Manager to step in on my behalf. he became quite irate and after he threatened me and my wife with violence, he ordered the food staff to refuse to serve me eggs for the rest of the cruise.

YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TOO :)

Don't get me wrong. I think HAL is the among the best of the best. I love to cruise with them.

That said, I just can't get over how no matter what the complaint or unfavorable comment about HAL, or perhaps someone says another cruise line does something better, some members of this board will defend anything that HAL does or doesn't do.

I think if someone saw the captain throw a puppy overboard in 30 foot seas, someone here would find a good reason for it!

Now excuse me, it's formal night and I have to find my dirty shorts, baseball hat and flip-flops so I can get to the dinning room. Almost for got my cigar, hope the other passengers don't mind if I light up at the table after dinner.....after all, it's my vacation.:cool:

You see the same thing on other line boards. People love what they love and that is why they have a favorite. Keep in mind that what one person sees as a negative may be the exact reason why someone else loves that line. I have noticed it is a double edged sword in terms of seeing people who have only taken one cruise on any given line, thinking their single experience is the last word on negative if, say for instance, one server was cranky. lol

Where I differ is that I believe people have evry right to have the impression that their eggs are too dry, or whatever...
I'm with ya'. It's just the ones who go over the top with such a small matter and "it ruined my cruise" that I don't get.

Look you weren't there .....you don't know what I went through

That B-tard did over cook my eggs EVERYDAY. I heard him tell the other staff in Lido he was going to overcook them just to screw with me.

I begged the Food and Beverage Manager to step in on my behalf. he became quite irate and after he threatened me and my wife with violence, he ordered the food staff to refuse to serve me eggs for the rest of the cruise.

YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TOO :)

:) Go take your meds, Babyher.......

Things will look rosier after a dose!!!! :) LOL

I agree 100%. You have to make up your own mind. I don't know why people get so uptight about anyone saying anything negative......

And it's the same way on a couple of port boards. But those tend to have people who live on the islands posting and they get offended. I had a friend who was robbed by a cop in this particular port. I posted this and was accused of being a "troll." Yeah, how many thousand posts have I made and they call me a troll. lol My post was only meant as a warning to be careful. What's sad about that is there are places you'll visit that you need to be more cautious than other places and a couple of posters tried to run me off and say what I was saying wasn't true. At one time I was a newbie and had no clue about what went on and it was info like that that helped me when it came to making excursion plans. Not that it would have changed my plans, but it made me more aware.

Why anyone would be offended by someone complaining about a corporation is beyond me. We own a company and if one of our customers constantly did something like that, I'd not be happy. It does not, IMO, reflect well on the company.

There are posters who complain about everything. And honestly, there's really no point in telling them they're being picky or whatever. I don't think for one moment that every single post is accurate. But I also don't think it does much good to say what they are saying is false. Whatever. They are entitled to their own opinion, and I can just scroll on by their post.

Somepeople take themseves a bit too seriously -- seeing every small thing which does not please them as an intentionalslight. It is best to simply ignore the overblown complaints about real problems, as well as the simple gripes about minisculle things.

That said, I've not seen too much cheerleading on HAL threads; but I would like to caution you about the NCL loyalists who not only leap to the defense of NCL at everry opportunity, but will actually ask the hostto delete posts which make them unhappy. The NCL afficianados are a different sort.

I don't mind negative comments that have substance. When your plumbing "blows" instead of "sucks" and sends debris into your space, THAT"S a substantive complaint. When you're unreasonably denied use of public space that you've paid to use, THAT'S a substantive complaint. When a contracted employee (i.e., spa, shops, photo) is rude and dismissive, THAT'S a substantive complaint.

What I don't get are the trivial negative comments, especially on subjective things like food. (My scrambled eggs were too dry.)

I agree completely. I'd even go as far to say that bad things happen and it's how HAL fixes those problems that interests me. It's unrealistic to think that things don't ever go south...they do, and it's usually in a heartbeat.

Food is so subjective. If you can't find something to eat on a cruise that you enjoy, then you're not looking too hard. For the money, cruising is a bargain (even I think so having stayed in a Deluxe Suite). We travel to Grand Cayman a lot and you can't believe what it costs to stay there for a week in the same style and dining habits as we have on HAL. It's far more expensive.

Speaking of eggs...my hubby still talks about the "bad" eggs on our first cruise. lol Does it mean the whole cruise was a bust? Of course not. The eggs were terrible...but he now mentions how bad they were in comparison to what we got on HAL. We had a PERFECT cruise. Nothing to complain about. The food was wonderful. The service was top-notch. We're hooked on HAL. But I also realize that others haven't had the same experience as we did, which is too bad. It's going to be interesting to see how our next cruise stacks up to the first cruise. It's going to be a hard act to follow...but then, we're not high-maintenance people and we roll with the punches. :)

I think if someone saw the captain throw a puppy overboard in 30 foot seas, someone here would find a good reason for it!

Who wants to cruise with a yapping dog? Toss it! :D

Now excuse me, it's formal night and I have to find my dirty shorts, baseball hat and flip-flops so I can get to the dinning room. Almost for got my cigar, hope the other passengers don't mind if I light up at the table after dinner.....after all, it's my vacation.:cool:

Now how can we get the captain to toss cigar smokers over too?

The CHEFS made him do it!!!

They were ALL out to 'get 'cha.' :D

You know whats funny?

It was a constant complainer that gave me and several family members to try a cruise.

My Aunt used to complian about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING under the sun. "its too hot", "its too cold", It's too drafty, the food was terrible, The music was too loud......yak yak yak

My uncle and her go on a cruise (The Oceanic, this was YEARS ago)

She came back and RAVED about everything . The ship , the food, the service, the entertainment.

Needless to say the family was shocked *LOL*

After that one by one everyone started to take cruises. We all figured that they had to be good if Aunt Evelyn couldn't find fault with them *LOL*

NOOOOOOOOOO the kitten was a suite guest and one of its perks was having the puppy thrown overboard :)

:D:D

Actually, HAL often uses Filipino stunt puppies for this. The stunt puppies do not participate in the tip pool. We usually write a check to the stunt puppy before he is tossed overboard. :)

DH and I do enjoy the puppy toss. It is one of the main perks we suite kittens enjoy, along with shredding the drapes.

"The Kitten"

You know whats funny?

It was a constant complainer that gave me and several family members to try a cruise.

My Aunt used to complian about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING under the sun. "its too hot", "its too cold", It's too drafty, the food was terrible, The music was too loud......yak yak yak

My uncle and her go on a cruise (The Oceanic, this was YEARS ago)

She came back and RAVED about everything . The ship , the food, the service, the entertainment.

Needless to say the family was shocked *LOL*

After that one by one everyone started to take cruises. We all figured that they had to be good if Aunt Evelyn couldn't find fault with them *LOL*

So You've got an Aunt Evelyn, too. :eek:

Ours is Ethel but she sure sounds familiar!!! :D

My meds were stolen by my cabin steward on that very same cruise :)

You should have locked your meds in the safe, along with the puppy. Then the chefs wouldn't have been disturbed by the puppy throwing incident which in turn lead to their sabatoging of your eggs and having the cabin steward steal your meds. :eek:

In any case, I agree you should get a full refund and free cruises for life to make up for your mental and taste budal suffering, along with having the captain and chefs fired (the cabin steward was just following orders so I think he should be spared )and an apology in the newspaper of your choice.:p

You should have locked your meds in the safe, along with the puppy. Then the chefs wouldn't have been disturbed by the puppy throwing incident which in turn lead to their sabatoging of your eggs and having the cabin steward steal your meds. :eek:

In any case, I agree you should get a full refund and free cruises for life to make up for your mental and taste budal suffering, along with having the captain and chefs fired (the cabin steward was just following orders so I think he should be spared )and an apology in the newspaper of your choice.:p

I don't think that would be too much to ask at all. Completely fair :)

And the paper that I want the apology in is The Enquirer

BIG HEADLINE!!!!!!!!!

Right next to "BRAD AND ANGELINA ADOPT VAMPIRE BABY" and "KELLY RIPA IS THE ANTI CHRIST" :) :)

:D:D

Actually, HAL often uses Filipino stunt puppies for this. The stunt puppies do not participate in the tip pool. We usually write a check to the stunt puppy before he is tossed overboard. :)

DH and I do enjoy the puppy toss. It is one of the main perks we suite kittens enjoy, along with shredding the drapes.

"The Kitten"

Try a trunk monkey; You can't go wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfMUGsniJ8

I don't think that would be too much to ask at all. Completely fair :)

And the paper that I want the apology in is The Enquirer

BIG HEADLINE!!!!!!!!!

Right next to "BRAD AND ANGELINA ADOPT VAMPIRE BABY" and "KELLY RIPA IS THE ANTI CHRIST" :) :)

GET this man Help........ NOW!

LOL :D

It seems as if every CC cruise line board has at least a few people who have sipped the Kool Aid for their favorite line...some have gulped. They have found the line that best suits their tastes and will accept no criticism of that line. We've been on a bunch of cruises and cruise lines and we've only had one cruise that we considered marginal (not bad, but not up to the rest of the competition). The rest were good/great. With that said, I don't think we've ever been on a perfect cruise. Stuff happens, particularly when you consider all the ships, all the stewards, all the meals, etc. Lots of opportunity for errors and they happen on every line. When I read critical posts I'm looking for trends and am not surprised that something bad happened to a particular poster. I only respond negatively when I feel the original poster has gone over the top in their expectations or criticism.

Stuff happens, particularly when you consider all the ships, all the stewards, all the meals, etc. Lots of opportunity for errors and they happen on every line.

I agree with this, but I think you have left out the biggest variable - fellow passengers. While I have found most to be respectful and accommodating, I frequently find a small number that find a way to throw a monkey wrench into the works. When possible, I avoid this, but given all the public venues, this isn't always an effective tactic. While the server staff does their best to accommodate, it doesn't take a lot to send them into a tail spin when one of the pax is constantly demanding attention.

HamOP---I am "one of us", aka W4HMV.

Copper10-8 would make a great "one of us"!

dit dit

Bill S

I fully agree. Copper10-8 would make a great Ham. What say, 10-8? Care to do a 35 question test?

Bill - That is some fantastic profile you have on "the zed". Wow, I am impressed! You just never know what's behind the person on the other end of the mic (or key).

W1TDP

Archived