The Great Outdoors on Jewel

AFT_LOVER

I received an email from a friend who had a relative in my Mini suite on 11 that was under The Great Outdoors & stated it was a war zone 24/7. Kids running, table & chair noise from eaters as well as workers cleaning at night. Is this not carpeted???? I cannot believe that mini aft cabines get a noise problem which we don't want.

So if we need to be moved before Saturday, please let me know so my TA can get busy......... An upgrade to A noisy zone is not good.

I received an email from a friend who had a relative in my Mini suite on 11 that was under The Great Outdoors & stated it was a war zone 24/7. Kids running, table & chair noise from eaters as well as workers cleaning at night. Is this not carpeted???? I cannot believe that mini aft cabines get a noise problem which we don't want.

So if we need to be moved before Saturday, please let me know so my TA can get busy......... An upgrade to A noisy zone is not good.

We were in a mini aft 11152 on the pearl , March spring break cruise . I was concerend,,,, this was not my first dance . We did not hear a thing and im sensitive to that noise issue from above . I took a look upstairs and there is not carpet ( outside ) . They must have had a bad week :confused:

I was in a mini on the Gem directly udnder the Great Outdoors and there was no problems what-so-ever. I was a little worried about that but honestly, I really didn't notice any noise, chairs moving about, food on the balcony. Alll the horror stories I hear about were not true...at least on my cruise. Ee weren't in the room a lot, they close the GO early enough and with the balcony door open, you hear the ocean more than anything. (White noise) I think you will be just fine. Enjoy your cruise!

With Temps in the 40's & 50's and cruising in October when children are in school, I don't see it as a problem. I would be more concerned about the excessive motion which we might receive from a strong Nor eastern which might form Friday evening and probogate North east along with us.

With Temps in the 40's & 50's and cruising in October when children are in school, I don't see it as a problem. I would be more concerned about the excessive motion which we might receive from a strong Nor eastern which might form Friday evening and probogate North east along with us.

Wow, you know how to kill a party!:D

Wow, you know how to kill a party!:D

I was trying to figure out what they ment by "strong NorEastern"..At first I thought it was a joke but I think they are serious......:eek: :D I dont think

the Great Outdoors noise is a factor anymore:p :p

you had a friend, who had a relative, etc. this is pretty far removed from personal experience but I do understand your concerns. I wonder when the person cruised? Was it mid summer? If you are really concerned, yes, give you TA a call and see if anything can be done... Remember some people are bothered by things more than others. It could have been a case where there was one or two times they could hear noises...

Nita

My husband was concerned when he looked at 12th deck & saw the buffet up there. But I knew they have material between floors to protect against noise. My TA is excellent & would know it was below noisy area & she would no take the upgrade if it was not a plesant experience for us.

So far my weatherman friend sees 7 foot waves max with the NE, so not a big deal when we have cruised transatlantic with 20 footers.

Remember, those are the most prized mini-suites on all the ships, and there has to be a reason! I've been in the same location, but on the Sun, under the Great Outdoors Cafe, few kids, and the only noise we heard was early one morning when someone moved a chair. That little noise sure wasn't enough to convince us not to book that location again . . . and again . . . and again!

My husband was concerned when he looked at 12th deck & saw the buffet up there. But I knew they have material between floors to protect against noise. My TA is excellent & would know it was below noisy area & she would no take the upgrade if it was not a plesant experience for us.

So far my weatherman friend sees 7 foot waves max with the NE, so not a big deal when we have cruised transatlantic with 20 footers.

Tell your weatherman friend to take a glance at the 12Z GFS Run along with NOAA Wave Watch 3.

It is fairly common knowledge that on the Jewel class ships there is a risk of noise and litter with the deck 11 aft cabins(and litter on those below that) from the great outdoors area.

Light sleepers are likely to be woken by the deck cleaning and early morning chair/table shuffle.

Passenger related noise will depend on the cruise and the weather but if nice it can get very popular for B,fast and it only needs a sligh breeze for the bit of paper suger packets ets to find there way over side onto the balconies,black soot from the stack will also be a possibility.

They did try the great outdoors as the late night outside smoking bar for a while but that it seemed to cause some issues so it was moved to the bar above the pool deck.

For most the Aft position of the cabin outways the negative aspects of being below the great outdoors, but some will complain anyway, now you know of the risk you can try to move if needed.

Cabin grade is no indication of the likely external factors that could effect your enjoyment of a cabin, you need to research more.

Some of the AB's, which are far superior to the AF's, are under the gym and that can be a real problem with noise since it is open for long hours and on some trips is used heavily.

Another example is the Garden villas, on those ships that have Delux owners there can be disruption from above not something you would expect for the top grade on a ship.

Archived