Play it again, Sam

Neilius

I'm excitied to say I've booked the family on another Oriana cruiise mid Feb 09 from Auckland to Brisbane. It's short, but it should be fun.

I was on Oriana in Feb this year, and am looking forward to taking the rest of the family to see her.

For me, one of the high points of this cruise will be staying at the Hilton Apartments in Auckland, and watching the ship come in from our hotel room balcony. I think our two little kids will LOVE that. (The two bigger ones will too, but they won't show it as much).

I've also booked on Dawn Princes in June 09 with an old mate of mine. He's never been out of Queensland since I met him over 30 years ago. So I'm looking forward to doing a short 2 day coastal cruise with him.

Gee these cruise thingy's are so much more fun when you share them with friends :)

Hi Neil

Obviously you will need to ensure that your room has appropriate harbour views. When I stayed there a few years ago the room discription was "harbour views" but was only of the western docks area which is not where the cruise liners berth.

Also ...for what its worth...it is the Hilton..and they need to keep Paris in the style in which she is used to.

Apart from room prices, I found that at the bar they are totally extraordinary. NZ$17 for a very small glass of Sav Blanc!

But it is in a fantastic spot so I guess you get what you pay for.

cheers

Hi Neil

Obviously you will need to ensure that your room has appropriate harbour views. When I stayed there a few years ago the room discription was "harbour views" but was only of the western docks area which is not where the cruise liners berth.

Also ...for what its worth...it is the Hilton..and they need to keep Paris in the style in which she is used to.

Apart from room prices, I found that at the bar they are totally extraordinary. NZ$17 for a very small glass of Sav Blanc!

But it is in a fantastic spot so I guess you get what you pay for.

cheers

Thanks Flipper.

We stayed there last Feb, and had a great view. I've asked them to make sure we get the same sort of room.

You're right about the bar, but we'll prefer the restaurants on the western side instead.

I don't mind paying a bit extra if it means waking up in the morning and seeing a ship outside my window :)

Regards

Neil

I'm excitied to say I've booked the family on another Oriana cruiise mid Feb 09 from Auckland to Brisbane. It's short, but it should be fun.

I was on Oriana in Feb this year, and am looking forward to taking the rest of the family to see her.

For me, one of the high points of this cruise will be staying at the Hilton Apartments in Auckland, and watching the ship come in from our hotel room balcony. I think our two little kids will LOVE that. (The two bigger ones will too, but they won't show it as much).

I've also booked on Dawn Princes in June 09 with an old mate of mine. He's never been out of Queensland since I met him over 30 years ago. So I'm looking forward to doing a short 2 day coastal cruise with him.

Gee these cruise thingy's are so much more fun when you share them with friends :)

Well, if I guy with your taste is going back for 2nd's Neil, I am ready to prepare for one of these short segments in 2010.

Hilton Apartments are in an amazing spot. They actually have a disclaimer on their site that says the views may be obstructed by cruise ships from time to time - which makes it a shipwatchers paradise.

Are you booked on the Northbound or Southbound DP cruise?

Well, if I guy with your taste is going back for 2nd's Neil, I am ready to prepare for one of these short segments in 2010.

Hilton Apartments are in an amazing spot. They actually have a disclaimer on their site that says the views may be obstructed by cruise ships from time to time - which makes it a shipwatchers paradise.

Are you booked on the Northbound or Southbound DP cruise?

Geoff

Thanks for the kind words :)

We're going southbound on DP on June 20.

Is there a Rollcall for that cruise anywhere?

BTW does anyone know if DP has an ugly square backside with no terrace? Also, does she have a bar up top and forward like the dome on PD or Crows Nest on Oriana?

Neil

Geoff

Thanks for the kind words :)

We're going southbound on DP on June 20.

Is there a Rollcall for that cruise anywhere?

BTW does anyone know if DP has an ugly square backside with no terrace? Also, does she have a bar up top and forward like the dome on PD or Crows Nest on Oriana?

Neil

Hi Neil,

Glad you are southbound. Just need to work out who is capturing the cams with us both aboard! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=769830

DP is identical to SP. It does have a couple of rear decks, but is squares down from deck 10, occupied by the minis and suites. There is a bar under the sail covered area -

2133086020101343478S600x600Q85.jpg

She does have a bar up top, but it is not looking towards the bow. Horizon Court buffet is open all hours, with a glass front view over the bow. Nice to sit at the quieter times with a snack and a coffee or a beer, but not the same prime spot as the Crows Nest or Dome.

Our cabin is close to the forward viewing deck below the bridge, and are planning room service to supply a few ales for there.

Hi Neil,

Glad you are southbound. Just need to work out who is capturing the cams with us both aboard! :)

We have FINALLY got "real" internet at home now, so i'm more than happy to give it a go for you :D

Neil, great news about the cruises!! I bet you can hardly wait!!!:D

We have FINALLY got "real" internet at home now, so i'm more than happy to give it a go for you :D

Neil, great news about the cruises!! I bet you can hardly wait!!!:D

Jo,

Yes I'm excited.

But the thing I'm really looking forward to is sharing it with Bob. He's never done anything like this before, so it's a bit like watching toddlers at xmas :)

I might slip the cabin steward some moola to do something nice for him.

Neil

Archived