Would you steal a towel, pool towel or robe?

Boo Boo

Would you ever take a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever take a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?

• Yes - I have done so before.
    • I haven't yet, but I would consider doing it.
    • No - I would never consider doing this.

I would never do this because I believe in Karma.

I don't know what Karma has to do with these discussions on honesty.

I believe that stealing is just plain wrong.

As a PS - I especially appreciate the big Royal Caribbean towels and robes onboard - it saves us packing them for flights - and we can leave them wet when we leave the ship. THANKS RCCL!

Of course they wash the robes. I have had a cabin attendent say he will bring the robes as soon as they get done washing and drying them. I was in the cabin when he did bring them and one of them was still warm.

Laura

I don't believe they wash them frequently. At any rate, I don't wear them and sure wouldn't steal one.

I ended up with a washcloth in my suitcase. It was the head of a towel rabbit. I'm not sure how it got there - wasn't intentional. Does that count as stealing yes or no?

that must be why we came back one night and there was a headless

towel rabbit on the bed!

that must be why we came back one night and there was a headless

towel rabbit on the bed!

Reminds me of the last night of our last cruise... we came back to a folded towel (you know a towel folded as a towel) with one corner turned back... ??? A bit of a letdown as a final "towel animal": don't know if she started it then got interrupted or what... (and yes we did tip the recommended amount).

Boo

Nope, nope and nope.

Just would never even consider it.

Now a PEN with a cruiseline logo on it, yeah that's going home with me. :p

They expect you to use them, take them or throw them when they run out of ink. I must in all honesty say that I don't think I have EVER left a pen in a room that I was in. I usually take them to write with them on the ship and don't put them back.

On the other hand, I also buy pens, generally the PaperMate at about $1 a dozen a the local stationary store.

OK, TMI....

and why on earth would you want to steal USED towels and robes.???

Gross.... IMO........ :eek:

Which is why all the robes and towels are washed in hot water with Javex (bleach in Canadian English). I would expect nothing less, from a sanitary perspective. And unless they are using fibre-safe bleach, I expect the life span of those towels aren't as long as you imagine. In fact, I would expect them to be worn in some places. To me, that is proof that they are laundered and laundered well. Which is also the reason that they are generally white and if they are white and blue the blue is faded.

If you really need towels, Ikea sells cheap white towels and you can get better hotel white towels by the dozen at Costco. Don't know how to buy towels? By the weight, there is no value in a towel other than it's weight in cotton. (My family is linen importers... that the only way we pay for towels, but the weight of the cotton. I can have them any size, any edges and even velvet but it's all by weight with no other consideration).

For those of you who don't know... NEVER use liquid fabric softener on towels. Fabric softener will make them soft, but less absorbant. You are better off using fabric softener sheets on towels.

I always carry a washcloth in my luggage for cleaning my spectacles. If I forget it, I have been known to take one from the room/cabin and use it for the duration of my visit. If I'm not traveling directly home and don't think there will be an opportunity to obtain one to use whilst in transit, I have been known to lift one from the last place I've stayed. It is not a regular occurrence though and I figure when I'm paying $300 a night for a hotel room, they probably aren't going to miss one washcloth. Wrong, probably. Does it keep me awake at night, no. :o

Thanks Kathy! I am looking forward to sailing with you again too!:)

I've been civil this whole time......it is you that is the offensive one. It would appear that you are obviously a person that just doesn't get it.:rolleyes: I feel sorry for you.

Oh well, my turn to leave you to it.

Have fun and I hope that you get out of life what you deserve.

Best Wishes

Boo

Oh well, my turn to leave you to it.

Have fun and I hope that you get out of life what you deserve.

Best Wishes

Boo

Actually I do! Just yesterday RCI called me and upgraded me from my balcony cabin to an Owners suite on the hump for my upcoming Voyager cruise!:D :D :D

Can you say the same??????????

Life is taking pretty good care of me......your wishes are not needed.;)

Actually I do! Just yesterday RCI called me and upgraded me from my balcony cabin to an Owners suite on the hump for my upcoming Voyager cruise!:D :D :D

Can you say the same??????????

Life is taking pretty good care of me......your wishes are not needed.;)

OK, you can leave now. (jealous)

Congrats

OK, you can leave now. (jealous)

Congrats

Thanks....I am definately looking forward to this sailing. The only problem I see with the upgrade is security having trouble getting me to leave the suite at the end of the cruise. LOL! Maybe I'll need to hide in the shower or the walk in closet and stay for one more sailing.:p ;) :D

LOL! Okay.:D :D :D

ok, I had to answer no because I have never stolen any of those things but if this is true confessions I may have to do time for what I steal: I have a thing about wine glasses and juice glasses. My favorite juice glasses are those I borrowed from another cruise line. I really meant to return all of them but I guess somehow they walked into my luggage.

Nita

ok, I had to answer no because I have never stolen any of those things but if this is true confessions I may have to do time for what I steal: I have a thing about wine glasses and juice glasses. My favorite juice glasses are those I borrowed from another cruise line. I really meant to return all of them but I guess somehow they walked into my luggage.

Nita

How do you get them home without breaking?

Archived