Would you steal a towel, pool towel or robe?

Boo Boo

Would you ever take a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever take a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?

• Yes - I have done so before.
    • I haven't yet, but I would consider doing it.
    • No - I would never consider doing this.

We did buy some RCI beach towels, they are pretty nice. I wouldn't bother with the robes since they are just too heavy, we usually just leave them hanging in the closet for the duration of the cruise.

I'm not at all sure why anyone would want to steal the towels and robes, the towels aren't great quality and you can purchase new robes. Since they charge you the same amount if you should happen to take a used one home, why not buy a brand new one?

I'm just the type that doesn't take what doesn't belong to me.

I will make this confession on my daughter's behalf. On our last cruise our waiter was showing my daughter how to fold napkins a couple different ways. He told her to take the nakpkin with her to practice with and she did. All the way home.

[quote name='Boo Boo']Ok, this was prompted by another RCCL thread (on the counting in, counting out of pool towels...). My immediate thoughts were "why on earth would someone steal one of those...?!". Seems like other people must think differently.[/quote]The reason for instituting towel counting wasn't outright theft. The real problem was people taking them on shore excursions and not remembering/bothering to bring them back to the ship. The counting and the $20 charge was a method to help people consider the towels as something that had value and should be accounted for.

[quote name='derf5585']How do you get them home without breaking?[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]You can simply wrap them in wash cloths & small hand towels. I haven't lost one yet. OF course you can't just pack them with you other clothes but in the had luggage there fine. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Mark_K']The reason for instituting towel counting wasn't outright theft. The real problem was people taking them on shore excursions and not remembering/bothering to bring them back to the ship. The counting and the $20 charge was a method to help people consider the towels as something that had value and should be accounted for.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]All that did was cause a lot of towels to go missing around the pool. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I am not a thief.

My one venture into thievery was at the age of nine. I stole a dime bank from a local store. Was fascinated by the darned thing. Everyday you put a dime in the bank - and the date would change. Nice, silvery, shiney thing was irresistable.

As soon as I got it home, I put a dime in it (considering my total allowance for the week - when I got one was .25, a dime was a big investment)...and sure enough; the date changed. I kept opening it up, taking the dime out and putting it in again. What fun!!

When my Mother got home from work, she asked me where I got the bank. Being nine and very, very clever, I told her "the man at the store gave it to me". WELL, my mother laid me out with a tongue-lashing I can still hear today...almost 60 years later.

Next morning, she marched me and that bank down the hill. I was told to walk in to that store alone, go up to "the man" (who was the owner), tell him what I'd done, return the bank - with my precious dime inside, apologize and promise never to do it again. I was TERRIFIED of him and of my Mother. I swear, that man must have been 7 feet tall...with the longest arms and biggest hands I'd ever seen!!!

That cured me for life. I've never stolen a thing since and have nothing but disgust for those who do......at least anyone over the age of nine.

[quote name='rcacace'][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]You can simply wrap them in wash cloths & small hand towels. I haven't lost one yet. OF course you can't just pack them with you other clothes but in the had luggage there fine. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

And wear do those wash cloths & smll hand towels come fromn

[quote=G'ma;16723005]I am not a thief.

My one venture into thievery was at the age of nine. I stole a dime bank from a local store. Was fascinated by the darned thing. Everyday you put a dime in the bank - and the date would change. Nice, silvery, shiney thing was irresistable.

As soon as I got it home, I put a dime in it (considering my total allowance for the week - when I got one was .25, a dime was a big investment)...and sure enough; the date changed. I kept opening it up, taking the dime out and putting it in again. What fun!!

When my Mother got home from work, she asked me where I got the bank. Being nine and very, very clever, I told her "the man at the store gave it to me". WELL, my mother laid me out with a tongue-lashing I can still hear today...almost 60 years later.

Next morning, she marched me and that bank down the hill. I was told to walk in to that store alone, go up to "the man" (who was the owner), tell him what I'd done, return the bank - with my precious dime inside, apologize and promise never to do it again. I was TERRIFIED of him and of my Mother. I swear, that man must have been 7 feet tall...with the longest arms and biggest hands I'd ever seen!!!

That cured me for life. I've never stolen a thing since and have nothing but disgust for those who do......at least anyone over the age of nine.[/quote]Too bad she didn't let you keep it. According to Antiques Roadshow, at auction, one of those in mint condition is worth $75,000. :)

[quote name='Mark_K']Too bad she didn't let you keep it. According to Antiques Roadshow, at auction, one of those in mint condition is worth $75,000. :)[/quote]
[COLOR=darkorchid][B]I guess my scotch tape and DD's purple cabbage weren't worth much at auction?? Just my luck. :o ;)
[/B][/COLOR]

Do dinner napkins count?

Somehow when I unpacked after my last cruise I had two dinner napkins but no silverware.

So should I take the napkins back to the Enchantment on my upcoming cruise?

And then just put them on dining room table in 10 days

[quote name='Boo Boo']

I bet you are a real charmer in real life too... :rolleyes:

Boo[/quote]

I love her.

I have sailed with her twice and plan on doing every cruise from here on out with her.

And we only live thousands of miles apart.

My wife does get jealous sometimes, as we are on the phone all the time.

[quote name='Latvish']Do dinner napkins count?

Somehow when I unpacked after my last cruise I had two dinner napkins but no silverware.

So should I take the napkins back to the Enchantment on my upcoming cruise?

And then just put them on dining room table in 10 days[/QUOTE]

[B]Hi Arvids. The question is: Did you leave any dirty socks or anything on the table in lieu of the napkins? [/B][img]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/18.gif[/img]

Mike

[quote name='As the ship sails'][B]Actually you are the rude one. I am sorry that you have such a horrible outlook on life. You have my sympathies.:) May one day you find something to be happy about and get a better outlook on life. Happy cruising and good luck to you! [/B][/quote]

[quote name='As the ship sails'][B]Actually it goes back to your last post towards me. YOU are the one that put yourself into the anal retentive category. My disclaimer clearly states "not for the serious OR anal retentive". Not once did I direct a comment about someone being anal retentive. ALL of my comments stated that I was getting a kick out of the SERIOUS responses as my thread was started tongue-in-cheek. I also commented that you were too serious but again it was YOU that implied that you were anal retentive not I. Clearly you are much too serious to get the intended light heartedness of the thread. I feel sorry for you that you have no sense of humor and seem to take things much too seriously. It must be a heavy burden you carry.[/B]

[B]To be honest.....you really are much too serious and are starting to bore me. I am moving on to more light hearted threads with happy posters. Again.....happy cruising and good luck to you!:) [/B]

[B]Bye bye!;) [/B][/quote]

[quote name='As the ship sails'][B]Okay....you twisted my arm.:D You are a poster with a great sense of humor and I really get a kick out of your posts![/B][/quote]

Ouch!!!:( Don't PO the princess!!!:mad:

[quote name='As the ship sails'][B]:eek: Lighten up! OK my mistake. Anyways doesn't really matter cause I'm still laughing now with your response. You fit into the category that the disclaimer on my thread was aimed towards.:p ;) :D [/B]

[B]Okay.....I promise....I'll stop now!:D [/B][/quote]

ditto

[quote name='Boo Boo']
Simple question: would you ever consider taking a RCCL/hotel towel, pool towel or robe?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take any of those. I already have my own at home and I wouldn't want to have to haul any from the ship home in my already too full luggage.

Archived