Average age for RCI cruisers

65 +

Huh? :eek: Not quite. Maybe your Rhapsody cruise was like that, but my Freedom cruise was nothing like that.

Wait till you get off your Freedom cruise and come back and let us know. ;)

I'll post three crowd shots here....let me know where all of those 65+ people are cause I just don't see them. :confused:

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

Just based on my limited experience I would put the average age on our two RCI cruises at around 50-55..(My wife is 29 and I am 34) They were both 7 nighters on the Mariner.

We are going on a 12 nighter in March, 2010, so we may see a slightly older crowd there.

Glad to see all the responses, very good information.

I would agree, it depends on the itinerary. We noticed that the repo cruises from Baltimore (or New York) to San Juan (or any place warm for that matter) in the fall and back in the spring had an older crowd. we became friends with a nice young couple (I think she was 85 and he was 91 :D ) who were just a joy! They shared with us that they have been doing the repos for years as do a lot of other "Snow-birds". They have a winter home near Rio Grande Puerto Rico and cruise there in the fall and back home to Baltimore in the spring. they don't have to worry much about how much weight they bring and they get a nice vacation out of it for probably not much more than airfare to & from San Juan would cost. I know our Balcony D-1 was about $650 PP on that cruise.

Your 65+ was way off, as the true number is 46 and 8 months (acccording to RCCL's travel agent website)....
Hey, I was really close with my 45 +/- estimate. Of course, that is just an average. There will be lots of kids, depending on time of year, and a good number of "mature" passengers, also depending on time of year and cruise length.

We just got off a B2B on the Sovereign out of Port Canaveral. The 3 day weekend cruise was much younger and more of a party crowd. The 4 day during the week was dominated by Floridians (a lot from the Orlando area) and was an older bunch.

We has a wide assortment of age at our dinner table on both cruises. On couple each time was newly wed, and one couple was elderly. We are (so far) somewhat in the middle.

The shorter, less expensive cruises also attract a different crowd than the longer more expensive cruises. I think that the demographics are a function of cruise cost, port, time during the year, and day of week departure!

Depends on where you're going, what time of year it is, and how much it costs.

For instance, summer in the Caribbean on a Western itinerary will be a younger crowd.

We just got off the Serenade last Saturday. 15-night Los Angeles-Hawaii-Los Angeles and there were a BUNCH of cranky old people. Lots and lots of over 80's. We saw two couples coming into the hallway, of which 3 of the people had walkers. DH said it reminded him of our son when he was 5 coming down the street with his friends and their bigwheel trikes!!

I see the "RC Elite" is there to put me in my place.. Now I wonder if I need special permission from the people here to book a cruise on "Their Line"??

I guess you could expect the response with the answer you gave. I did notice you are booked on the Freedom of the Seas in 2010. I hope you weren't planning on challenging the 65+ crowd on the flowrider just to prove your point. You actually might have a hard time chasing the kids away from it.

Archived