Average age for RCI cruisers

Has RCI or anyone else done a study to find an "average age" of RCI's customers?

I just ask out of curiosity because people seem to assume that most cruisers are of the more senior persuasion..

It depends on where the cruise is going. ;)

Certain cruises attract an older group of people.

How many nights the cruise is. ;)

Longer cruises attract an older group of people.

And, I will be on them. :D

All ages, but a majority are in the Baby Boomer category. We tried Carnival & Princess, before Royal Caribbean. With RCCL, we felt that we had really found our niche, both with the cruise line and with passengers. Our cruise on Viking Serenade and then Song of America really sold us on Royal Caribbean. The ships, the crew & staff, and the people onboard just really seemed to make it our preferred cruise line. :) And we were in our 30's oops. And now we are hmm, 50. So I guess the passenger list has aged along with us. :D

Oh I don't know.. I see a lot of folks in our age range these days. 30's here. Although I'm reaching the dreaded 39 this month lol.

That was confusing on my part. I guess what I meant, was that the people that were cruising with us then are still cruising with us now. It's a really wide age range. :D There are new cruisers all the time, and I'm sure there are folks older than us trying cruising for the first time as well. Many..Baby Boomers just began collecting Social Security? We like the age range and passenger mix on Royal Caribbean. :D

I think it depends on the time of the year. On Spring break and Christmas you will find more families and younger children. These are the only ones we have been on so far and I would guessimate that the average age was 30-40. From what I have seen on board the longer cruises usually have an older age 65+? due to being able to take the time off.

If its an Alaska cruise..... I'd say about 78-80 :eek: Just kidding but that cruise does appeal to an older crowd. In fact I understand the disco has only one cd for the DJ and is usually a ghost town after 1030.

The captian of the brilliance was asked that questing last Christmas and he told of the story of 14 day cruise to Alaska. He said he had 7 fatalities. They follow up question was...what happened flu, food poison? He said mostly natural causes... All were above 70 years in age.

What is it about getting older that makes people want to see ice cubes...:confused:

Caribbean cruises are more style..... I am 44. The only ice cube I want to see are floating in my cocktail.:D

My guess and its only a guess.... I would say the average age of cruisers on CCL is younger than RRCL. To me thats a plus for RCL.

If its an Alaska cruise..... I'd say about 78-80 :eek: Just kidding but that cruise does appeal to an older crowd. In fact I understand the disco has only one cd for the DJ and is usually a ghost town after 1030.

The captian of the brilliance was asked that questing last Christmas and he told of the story of 14 day cruise to Alaska. He said he had 7 fatalities. They follow up question was...what happened flu, food poison? He said mostly natural causes... All were above 70 years in age.

What is it about getting older that makes people want to see ice cubes...:confused:

Caribbean cruises are more style..... I am 44. The only ice cube I want to see are floating in my cocktail.:D

My guess and its only a guess.... I would say the average age of cruisers on CCL is younger than RRCL. To me thats a plus for RCL.

Last year on our Alaska cruise there were 900 kids under 20, so I don't think you can speak in generalities anymore about Alaska cruises unless you are talking in the beginning of the season in May/June and the end of the season in Sept when both times schools are in session.

Fellow Passengers

Royal Caribbean attracts a wide variety of mostly North American passengers, mostly between 30 and 55 on the seven-night and shorter cruises, and 50 and over on cruises over seven nights. Cruises from the U.K. attract a large British contingent, and Mediterranean cruises will attract European passengers as well as Royal Caribbean's usual North Americans. Seven-night and shorter cruises are also very popular with families, especially during American school vacation periods when the ships will often be filled to every upper berth.

This is from the CC review of RCI.:)

That is probable not even close to being true. After only 1 cruise on RCI 5 yrs ago how would you even know? I have done 13 cruises on RCI and I would estimate somewhere in the 35 to 45 age range.

I see the "RC Elite" is there to put me in my place.. Now I wonder if I need special permission from the people here to book a cruise on "Their Line"??

I think every cruise can be different.

We have been on weekend cruises where the average age seemed to be around 30-40. We've been on 4 day cruises where it seemed the majority of folks needed walkers, scooters and there was a sea of gray hair.

We've been on week long cruises with young families and tons of kids. We just got off a 13 night Med cruise where I was sure there would be a lot of elderly and there were a lot of older folks on the cruise, but I'd say the vast majority were in excellent health and I didn't see a single scooter.

So...it depends on time of year, how long the cruise is, where it is going etc....

They are all good, every cruise, whoever is sailing with us has no reflection on whether we have a good time or not, it's all up to us.

The trouble with a survey is how you take it. What's being surveyed here is how old are the readers of cruise critic. There is a large group that cruises and never preplans or uses the internet:eek: . The onboard age is probably different then this forum. We need to ask Joe the plumber:p

I see the "RC Elite" is there to put me in my place.. Now I wonder if I need special permission from the people here to book a cruise on "Their Line"??

Your 65+ was way off, as the true number is 46 and 8 months (acccording to RCCL's travel agent website), why because you were corrected are you now having an attitude? In my opinion you owe CalGal an apology, though I am likely one of the RC Elite you are complaining about (and proud of it:D) If you don't like the answers you get over here then why post?

This is a silly off-shoot question, but any idea if RCI seats their passengers for dining at tables with similar-aged folk?

We have always end up with people very close to us. Not exactly sure of the specifics that they use to match up people but it seems to work out very nicely.

Our first cruise with RCCL was my parents 50th wedding anniv and my parents(who think of themselves as young) felt like the oldest people on the ship!! They were in their 70s and had a ball with all the "young people". We, too, love the range of ages on most of these ships. Our kids do not even want to try anything else (spoiled aren't they).

We were on the Mariner the first week of October and I would guess that 75% of the cruisers were at least baby boomers or older. We were in the solarium one afternoon and looked around..all of our neighbors had at least 30 years on us.

But, we took the SOS one October and most of the cruisers were in the 20-40 year range. So I guess really it just depends on length of cruise and what time of year you go. I'm sure the summer cruises are full of young(er) parents and kids.

Has RCI or anyone else done a study to find an "average age" of RCI's customers?

I just ask out of curiosity because people seem to assume that most cruisers are of the more senior persuasion..

We are all old, past our primes, nearly deceased and decomposed and HAL looks like a youth hostel compared to RCI.

:cool:

Archived