Who is the Cruise Critic Member at your house?

dmk

I am the one at our house who contributes to the Cruise Critic Board. I report all the interesting things I glean from this site to my DH.

Do you and your spouse/friend both contribute to this forum? Or do you do like we do, with one person sharing info with the other?

Another question I often wonder about is: Am I listening to a woman's point of view or a man's. Sometimes it is obvious other times not.

What happens at your house?

I am the cruise critics member. My husband prefers to use the computer to check on his stocks and whatever sports event is going on.

However, I have met several men who are the cruise critics members.

I don't know if it is an even membership, but I have found this forum interesting one no matter who contributes.

Barbara

It's me at our house. Dh lurks about once a month, if that much. I do call him over to read reviews are anything I think he might be interested in. He has his own computer and his own set of favorite sites.

Once we decide where we're going, I do all the vacation planning and he shows up.

I also do all the planning for our cruises, Lisa. Could it be a female, male division of labour, followed by mutual enjoyment of cruising. It will be interesting to hear what others have to say,

I'm the primary poster in our family. I email my husband everything I think he should read and would be interested in. We decide where we want to go and then I make the arrangements and we both decide what excursions we want to do. It has worked out very well for us.

He just told me today that he wants me to research the Mediterranean for our next cruise. Gee, do I have to. Ha! Ha! We always book our next cruise while on a cruise so that we get the onboard credit. We are cruising to Alaska next September. We do one cruise a year. So, I have plenty of time to do my research.

I am the cruise critics member. My husband prefers to use the computer to check on his stocks and whatever sports event is going on.

However, I have met several men who are the cruise critics members.

I don't know if it is an even membership, but I have found this forum interesting one no matter who contributes.

Barbara

Sounds just like my house. Me...I'm the cruise message boards junkie (I go to other message boards as well as this one). Hubby....stocks and Hearts or solitaire.

I am also the travel planner in our house. All he wants me to do is tell him when and where. He leaves all plans and details up to me.

My DH and I are both avid posters. He's bob278. We both lurk and post to threads that interest us and sometimes we will post on the same thread. We both have our own computers and post at home and at work. As far as planning, he's the organizer and is known as "Mr. Detail Man." He researches everything and plans to the nth degree. I just smile, agree, and cruise.:D :D :D

Garry

It's me at our house. I tell DH about interesting posts or he'll ask me about them sometimes. I'm the planner, too. I just tell him when to take the time off from work and all the rest is taken care of :cool:. (It'd be nice if someone would do that for me for a change . . . I think . . . but, I'm a control freak, so I probably wouldn't be able to stand it:D .

Archived