Concorde Experience Impressions

spirit rev

We'll be on Barbados in January. A ship excursion that includes the Concorde Experience has "caught our eye" but so have a couple of other excursions not to mention just spending the day wondering around town.

Those of you who have been there, what was your impression? Would you go back? Worthwhile for a one time visit? We're interested in all opinions.

Thanks

:) My husband and I visited the Concorde in February of this year. He is a plane buff and just had to see it, so I went along. Actually even I found it quite interesting. You get to board her and sit in the seats as you watch her take off in a film. You get to see the cockpit also. Actually it is quite impressive. The tour also enabled us to visit an old church cover most of the island and stop for a free drink that was pretty good. It is definitely worth one visit. We are going back to Barbados in Feb.2009 on the Grand Princess and I feel a lot more comfortable about the island after getting to see so much of it. This time I think I might take the Hydrofoil glass bottom boat that I will book on my own and save $60 and still have time to visit a beach and do a little shopping at the pier. Linda

:) My husband and I visited the Concorde in February of this year. He is a plane buff and just had to see it, so I went along. Actually even I found it quite interesting. You get to board her and sit in the seats as you watch her take off in a film. You get to see the cockpit also. Actually it is quite impressive. The tour also enabled us to visit an old church cover most of the island and stop for a free drink that was pretty good. It is definitely worth one visit. We are going back to Barbados in Feb.2009 on the Grand Princess and I feel a lot more comfortable about the island after getting to see so much of it. This time I think I might take the Hydrofoil glass bottom boat that I will book on my own and save $60 and still have time to visit a beach and do a little shopping at the pier. Linda

We're looking forward to visiting the Concorde, as we've heard so much about it and it will be interesting to visit something unique.

Glad you enjoyed it, even though your husband was the plane buff.

We plan to visit the Concorde Experience on our own. If you've been, what kind of timeframe would you recommend? When I emailed them, they said a tour takes an hour. Most places like that we could spend much longer (DH is another plane buff!), so I hope there is enough there to spend a couple hours at least, especially for $20 plus the cab ride.

I'll be sure to post about it afterward!

Meg

fedexpackage

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to know that even non plane buffs can enjoy this attraction and it would definetly be different than going to yet another beach.

I think it would be great to see how this plane looked inside since it just was never in my price range for a trans Atlantic flight. It was sure impressive to see it take off once when I was at Heathrow.

Would love to hear any further comments from those who have been there.

It is a great attraction, most feel it was worth the US$20 and more.

Alpha-Echo, as she is called (Concorde G-BOAE), was a regular visitor to us on Saturday mornings.

Four hours from London to GA, Barbados. A thrill, indeed.

Barbados "beat-out" dozens of countries for one of the final destinations of a Concorde (perhaps Tony Blair may have had something to do with this, or maybe it was Sir Cliff Richard...we saw them both many times every month at Sandy).

She was a wonder to fly. Magic. Breathlessness. Another dimension.

My eyes still water every time we fly into GA and I see her.

It is worth it (ask about the captains cap stuck in one of the the seperation joints in the fuse...!)

concorde.JPG

Go and enjoy. She is a wonder never to be seen again....... :(

• 1 year later...

Archived