Price Drop...hot Deals

iata

I want to know if i can have a price drop when on the RCCL website my cruise category and date is a hot deals. My travel agent not working today so do you think I can wait until tomorrow. my cruise is in 60 days and final payment made. I had a nice price drop last week with no problem but it's the hot deals thing that bother me.

Thank you for your help

I want to know if i can have a price drop when on the RCCL website my cruise category and date is a hot deals. My travel agent not working today so do you think I can wait until tomorrow. my cruise is in 60 days and final payment made. I had a nice price drop last week with no problem but it's the hot deals thing that bother me.

Thank you for your help

It depends on what the "hot dea;" is. Is it a senior rate or anything? If you can't reach your TA, just call RCL and ask them a "what if" scenario. If you can, call your TA's office and get someone else to do it.

I noticed my Granduer cruise in Nov... now offering senior rates in some catagories. I called today(I'm the TA) to see "what if" I upgraded to a JS. Well you need to know that the fuel surcharge which was 20.00 per person for passenger 1/2 and no charge for passenger 3 will be booked as 40.00 per person and 20.00 for passenger 3. So right off the bat I am up 60.00 with the new booking. So take care when thinking you are getting a great deal. Any changes are subject to new current fuel surcharges. I ended up staying where I was because including the taxes and fees and up charge for fuel it wasn't worth it even including the C/A balcony discount.... maybe the upgrade fairy will visit there are alot of suites and balconies open as of today 24 days out

I noticed my Granduer cruise in Nov... now offering senior rates in some catagories. I called today(I'm the TA) to see "what if" I upgraded to a JS. Well you need to know that the fuel surcharge which was 20.00 per person for passenger 1/2 and no charge for passenger 3 will be booked as 40.00 per person and 20.00 for passenger 3. So right off the bat I am up 60.00 with the new booking. So take care when thinking you are getting a great deal. Any changes are subject to new current fuel surcharges. I ended up staying where I was because including the taxes and fees and up charge for fuel it wasn't worth it even including the C/A balcony discount.... maybe the upgrade fairy will visit there are alot of suites and balconies open as of today 24 days out

Not true - as long as you are staying on the same cruise and use the same reservation # there is NO change to the fuel supp. Call again and get someone who knows what they are talking about.

I am a TA. Examples: group going to Australia, booked in Sept. 07 before fuel supps. last week changed category. No additional fuel. Ten minutes ago, client who booked at $5 - changed categories because of senior rate. No change in fuel rate.

It is a Royal caribbean sales event.

They don't weant to talk with you when there is a travel agent on the file.

The "sales events" are the ones that are specifically FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY.

If the "hot deal" is a senior discount or a residency discount or a military discount, you can get it on an existing reservation.

But "sales event" is for new bookings only.

I concur - I've changed the ship, and my cabin 3 times on this sailing/ship and I still have the original $5pp/per day fuel charge that I had when I originally booked. And I got a price drop a few weeks ago.

Not true - as long as you are staying on the same cruise and use the same reservation # there is NO change to the fuel supp. Call again and get someone who knows what they are talking about.

I am a TA. Examples: group going to Australia, booked in Sept. 07 before fuel supps. last week changed category. No additional fuel. Ten minutes ago, client who booked at $5 - changed categories because of senior rate. No change in fuel rate.

My cruise went from $400pp down to $249pp and they won't give me the new price. Said they were still getting the same price when they looked it up.

I'm guessing that your cat cabin has to be available to get the new price.

Yes, definitely - your category has to be available. However, you can change categories and get the new rate.

I called about a new residence rate discount and they said they couldn't find it. Well I wouldn't get off the phone and they finally found it. Booked at 1249. and now with two discounts we're at 779. I don't think it's worth dealing through a travel agent.

I called about a new residence rate discount and they said they couldn't find it. Well I wouldn't get off the phone and they finally found it. Booked at 1249. and now with two discounts we're at 779. I don't think it's worth dealing through a travel agent.

Being a TA, I have to disagree with you.

We booked the Grandeur repo Balt to Tampa sailing Oct 30th this past Saturday. The Z category interior guarantee was $449 (for 11 nights). This morning we assigned an ok cabin on deck 3. Tonight I noticed there was a senior special on category N and M at $369 with better cabin locations on deck 3 and 4 + we get to pick; not a guarantee. I called the toll free number, told the gal what I had found, which cabin I liked and she said "I can make that change for you and I can put the difference back onto the card you used to pay with but it might take 24 hours." I said "great!"

I just posted on another thread that this is a good week for everyone to watch their cruise prices, and not just the sales event that's going on.

My Australia cruise for next year was not on the brochure, but I checked anyway today. Well, our price dropped $300 per person.

Thank goodness my wonderful TA works from home, because when I called her I think she jumped up from the dinner table, ran through the house to her office, wiping her mouth as she went, and said she'd call. 5 minutes later I had my revised ressie. I love that woman, and she would have been really upset with me if I HADN'T called her. I felt bad interrupting dinner, but she said it was fine.

So, keep an eye out.

My cruise went from $400pp down to $249pp and they won't give me the new price. Said they were still getting the same price when they looked it up.

I'm guessing that your cat cabin has to be available to get the new price.

Well, yes.

A "cruise" doesn't go down in price; a specific cabin category may.

If there are no cabins (available) in a category, there can be no price reduction. They are not going to drop the price of something that doesn't exist.

Archived