Bringing canned drinks aboard?

How does RCL feel about us bringing a styro cooler for our drinks? We get at least a couple a year from family members who really think I love Omaha Steaks. We brought one on our last cruise, and it was perfect! It did arrive to our room all smashed up, but the sodas were cold. We left it in the cabin when we left.

How does RCCL feel about this?

we are thinking of bringing a case of diet dr pepper and a case of water- for 2 couples to share- have been told we could duct tape them together and put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to the cabin like that? going to try it in jan to see how it works out instead of us carrying it on -

We used a suitcase for our caffeine free diet coke and mineral water. The empty space on the return was just dandy for souvenirs. The joy of this was however due to the fact we could drive to the port. Will probably try the duct tape method for our next cruise from a foreign port.

Aggie,also when you get to your room and you meet your room steward,ask that they take the soda that is in the fridge out so you can put yours in.

You can also just empty your fridge yourself. We usually take everything out and place it on the highest shelf above the tv, and then replace with our stuff.

If you are going to do this, my suggestion is to purchase "ringed" 6 packs so you can spread them "eagle" in your suitcase, but still have them on the plastic rings - in order to keep them from moving around too much and possibly being punctured.

Hey...how come no one has swooped in and accused everyone of being soda-holics, and revenue-stealers for speaking about smuggling soda.....?

Smells like a double standard to me! :cool:

we are thinking of bringing a case of diet dr pepper and a case of water- for 2 couples to share- have been told we could duct tape them together and put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to the cabin like that? going to try it in jan to see how it works out instead of us carrying it on -

I have "checked" a case of water onto many ships before, Voyager, out of Galveston, included. In one case I had extra luggage tags and used them, in another case I made my own luggage tags using paper, a sharpie and clear packing tape.

No worries, no problems, delivered right to my room.

How does RCL feel about us bringing a styro cooler for our drinks? We get at least a couple a year from family members who really think I love Omaha Steaks. We brought one on our last cruise, and it was perfect! It did arrive to our room all smashed up, but the sodas were cold. We left it in the cabin when we left.

How does RCCL feel about this?

LOL, oh, I'm sure they absolutely love disposing of your trash!

LOL, oh, I'm sure they absolutely love disposing of your trash!

Well, we'd have brought the darn thing home if they hadn't knocked big holes in it! No note, no nothing - just a styro cooler leaking all over the hallway. We put it in the shower till all the ice melted, then used it to store the stuff from our fridge. We had actually intended to bring it with us to the private island, but as it turned out we weren't there long enough to miss it.

We figured that was why we didn't have to go to the 'naughty room' to prove our soda wasn't beer - because they felt bad about busting the cooler. I'm one of those who *hates* styrofoam, and I definitely would have brought it home if it was still usable.

Sorry for the long rebuttal if you were mostly joking - the intertubes make it hard to tell jokes from sarcasm from snark

We did! Just on a different board - called us addicts - and made reference to obesity and that's why folks need a suite.....the guy was a little odd...

If you are going to do this, my suggestion is to purchase "ringed" 6 packs so you can spread them "eagle" in your suitcase, but still have them on the plastic rings - in order to keep them from moving around too much and possibly being punctured.

Hey...how come no one has swooped in and accused everyone of being soda-holics, and revenue-stealers for speaking about smuggling soda.....?

Smells like a double standard to me! :cool:

Logistically, how do you check soda and water? Do you just wrap them with clear packing tape to reinforce seams and/or plastic?

Can you put them in a cardboard box and tape this or will they open it to see what is inside?

Not trying to smuggle, just want to bring a few mixers for my wine and champagne purchase. I am hypoglycemic and should not mix with those sugary mixers them have. Figured if I bring my own SF juice/mixers I can enjoy my drinks without making myself sick.

So is there caffeine free diet coke on board??

Some people have seen cans of caffeine free diet coke available on their cruises. I have not. The only caffeine free diet I've seen is cans of Diet Sprite. So if you want caffeine free diet coke I recommend bringing your own.

Well, we'd have brought the darn thing home if they hadn't knocked big holes in it! No note, no nothing - just a styro cooler leaking all over the hallway. We put it in the shower till all the ice melted, then used it to store the stuff from our fridge. We had actually intended to bring it with us to the private island, but as it turned out we weren't there long enough to miss it.

We figured that was why we didn't have to go to the 'naughty room' to prove our soda wasn't beer - because they felt bad about busting the cooler. I'm one of those who *hates* styrofoam, and I definitely would have brought it home if it was still usable.

Sorry for the long rebuttal if you were mostly joking - the intertubes make it hard to tell jokes from sarcasm from snark

I was totally joking. (And I have no clue know what intertubes means.....:D)

I was purposefully misinterpreting the last line in your post, just to try and be funny. Sorry to hear that they kicked holes in your cooler, that sux! Especially when you had plans for it!

We did! Just on a different board - called us addicts - and made reference to obesity and that's why folks need a suite.....the guy was a little odd...

OMG...some people simply have nothing better to do than point fingers!

Amazing!

Archived