Live from The Spirit 10/27/08

KLLund

Thanks again for posting. I'll be in the next door cabin in a few weeks, 6262. An aft wrap did come available for my cruise, but I just wasn't able to splurge for it. Maybe next time.

Glad you are having fun. Wish I was there!!

Thanks again for posting. I'll be in the next door cabin in a few weeks, 6262. An aft wrap did come available for my cruise, but I just wasn't able to splurge for it. Maybe next time.

Glad you are having fun. Wish I was there!!

Keep reading I will have lots to say and pictures of your cabin since we have the divider down and are back and forth !!!

Keep reading I will have lots to say and pictures of your cabin since we have the divider down and are back and forth !!!

OMG, can't wait! (for either your pictures or for when I will actually be there)

Is there anything harder than waiting the last month before your cruise!!

This will be our FIRST aft balcony cabin...... I do hope that we like it! I'll be checking back often for the pics!

For you January sailers......anyone going 1-23-09? I'm going with a FUN group that weekend.....

thanks for the live thread....enjoying reading it! :)

Hey there Smoo, if you go on the roll call for 10-18 under Spirit someone came back and posted photos already of Alca, Mazanillo and ship. Go check it out. I am getting excited. Would love to see food menus.

Actually it left close to on time that evening: it was scheduled for a 9 pm departure.

We were on this sailing and we didn't set out until after 10:00, maybe 10:15. Nothing was said as to why, but we didn't care, we were on the ship!

Hello from Manzanillo .. what a great day we had at Las Hadas .. more about that later .. here is yesterday's review .. and I will write about today later tonite and post it tomorrow ..

Oh and Dave .. still jealous huh ??????

Curt .. Halloween is friday ..and it will be odd timing but I promise I did NOT put that costume together to not wear it .. I will actually upload a picture of that here .. LOL

Second Sea Day

Today was a restful day for us, we just vegged by the pool with friends. Didn’t do much at all during the day, although of course there were games going on all day (at the other pool) we opted for the much quieter fantail to enjoy the gorgeous weather.

Knowing that we were going to the Nouveau Supper Club tonight, I opted to skip breakfast and lunch and it was a good thing I did!!

But before dinner, we gathered a ton of our CC roll call on the aft decks for cabins 6260 and 6262 for some cocktails and (loud) conversation. What a great group we have and we do seem to keep adding more new friends on-board. The time flew, the wine flowed, the laughter was exhilarating and a good time was had by all.

The it was off to the exquisite Supper Club for an amazing meal. Since there were 12 of us we got to see an amazing selection of foods and I felt that the presentation alone was worth the price of admission ($30 / person), but the food was amazingly good and the service was impeccable. The music was lovely and several of the group managed to dance between courses. All in all a very enjoyable dinner.

After dinner we wandered a bit, but we didn’t really do anything. We were planning to go to the piano bar, but when we got there a few minutes after 10PM it was deserted and there was a cover on the piano which we thought was a bit odd. When I got back to the room I checked the days Capers and it does say it is open until 1:30AM. We did notice that there were far less people all over the ship tonight so we are guessing that with tomorrow being our first port day, many people may have turned in early to be ready for early morning excursions etc.

For some reason, none of us are having any luck getting through on the phone to room service. It does seem almost everyone in our group has the same experience of the phone ringing and ringing. With the cocktail party tonight, I wanted to order several bottles of wine and when I couldn’t get an answer after 20 minutes of music, I called the pursers desk. She said let me put you through and I will stay on the line until they answer. Finally, she said that she was not getting an answer either and she would keep trying and have them call me. It couldn’t have been 2 minutes later when they called and told me that the realized it was taking a few seconds to get through but if I had just waited it would have been no problem. I figured 20 minutes was enough since I never did get through for coffee this am. Oh well, we did get the wine. Perhaps that will improve as the days go on.

We are still working on getting pictures put together and I will be gathering some facts about various things that people have asked

Hello from Manzanillo .. what a great day we had at Las Hadas .. more about that later .. here is yesterday's review .. and I will write about today later tonite and post it tomorrow ..

Oh and Dave .. still jealous huh ??????

Curt .. Halloween is friday ..and it will be odd timing but I promise I did NOT put that costume together to not wear it .. I will actually upload a picture of that here .. LOL

Second Sea Day

Today was a restful day for us, we just vegged by the pool with friends. Didn’t do much at all during the day, although of course there were games going on all day (at the other pool) we opted for the much quieter fantail to enjoy the gorgeous weather.

Knowing that we were going to the Nouveau Supper Club tonight, I opted to skip breakfast and lunch and it was a good thing I did!!

But before dinner, we gathered a ton of our CC roll call on the aft decks for cabins 6260 and 6262 for some cocktails and (loud) conversation. What a great group we have and we do seem to keep adding more new friends on-board. The time flew, the wine flowed, the laughter was exhilarating and a good time was had by all.

The it was off to the exquisite Supper Club for an amazing meal. Since there were 12 of us we got to see an amazing selection of foods and I felt that the presentation alone was worth the price of admission ($30 / person), but the food was amazingly good and the service was impeccable. The music was lovely and several of the group managed to dance between courses. All in all a very enjoyable dinner.

After dinner we wandered a bit, but we didn’t really do anything. We were planning to go to the piano bar, but when we got there a few minutes after 10PM it was deserted and there was a cover on the piano which we thought was a bit odd. When I got back to the room I checked the days Capers and it does say it is open until 1:30AM. We did notice that there were far less people all over the ship tonight so we are guessing that with tomorrow being our first port day, many people may have turned in early to be ready for early morning excursions etc.

For some reason, none of us are having any luck getting through on the phone to room service. It does seem almost everyone in our group has the same experience of the phone ringing and ringing. With the cocktail party tonight, I wanted to order several bottles of wine and when I couldn’t get an answer after 20 minutes of music, I called the pursers desk. She said let me put you through and I will stay on the line until they answer. Finally, she said that she was not getting an answer either and she would keep trying and have them call me. It couldn’t have been 2 minutes later when they called and told me that the realized it was taking a few seconds to get through but if I had just waited it would have been no problem. I figured 20 minutes was enough since I never did get through for coffee this am. Oh well, we did get the wine. Perhaps that will improve as the days go on.

We are still working on getting pictures put together and I will be gathering some facts about various things that people have asked

I am still showing the sunburn I got at Las Hadas just one week ago. But, now it is very "itchy" and I'm peeling like crazy! We loved our day at Las Hadas. Hope you didn't pay more than $10.00 US total, per taxi!!?? What a deal for Las Hadas, eh? $25.00 US, and then they give you $25.00 in food/drink coupons. What a deal, and a HUGE savings over Carnival's resort retreat price! Glad you went and enjoyed, we loved it there! Waiting for the next installment!

Save the ship for me as I will be going the day you get back!!

Robb

Poster-In-Chief

Can't promise anything....*LOL* By the time The Troublemakers (my group) are done with the ship it may need a dry dock! :D Just kidding....we'll take good care of it.....

Good Morning and Happy Halloween!!!

Today is the big day, it is the costume party and boy has our crowd gotten into this event!! I really cannot wait, but of course first we do have Acapulco.

Today has become a bit of a dilemna for some, we are in Acapulco until 11PM but all of the costume and party stuff starts at 9:45 .. so what to do ?? I believe we are either eating an EARLY dinner in port or coming back for our regular dining hours. Unfortunately that will cut out the night life in Acapulco, but since we would all have to be back on board by 10:30 anyway there wouldn't be all that much time for the night life anyway. Time and margaritas will tell ..

Manzanillo

Today we arrived in Manzanillo at about 8AM and we were amused to look down from the balcony and see all the buses lined up for the excursions….ok now you wonder why we were amazed since there are always buses lined up for excursions in ports ? But in Manzaillo it is really a sight .. there were NINE buses. Wouldn’t that amaze you ??

We hadn’t planned a tour so we had a leisurely morning of coffee and conversation on the balcony with some of our CC friends, and went ashore about 10AM.

We grabbed a taxi and headed for Las Hadas for a wonderful day of beach and drinks and pool and drinks and food and drinks….you get the idea. The beach was practically empty so I must say we had fabulous service. The water was warm and clear with lots of little fish and the sun was HOT. The pool is absolutely gorgeous, the music was fabulous the group of us who ventured there were dancing and singing and enjoying a fantastic day. (Details .. The taxi was $7.00 even though the driver got lost , The charge to use the resort is $30.00 but we were given $30.00 in coupon “money” to use on the premises and between us we had coupons left over so it was a very economical day. The food was a bit disappointing; I didn’t really want a hamburger or hot dog in Mexico. My DIL ordered the cerviche and was very pleased and I actually ended up with beans and rice with warm tortillas which was NOT on the menu so ask for what you want, you might get it.)

I had planned to go Deep Sea Fishing for sailfish in Manzanillo, but I had the back problem and decided not to risk it. My son and Bob, from our CC group, went out as scheduled (which was great because Vidal the skipper was able to re-arrange things when the itinerary changed.) Apparently they had quite the day on the ocean. They caught 70 – 75 lb sailfish at the same time!!! The smiles are still plastered all over their faces!!!

So all in all, Manzanillo was a great port call for our crowd.

I am writing this at sea, at 7:30 AM and I am pleased to report that room service brought our coffee order exactly on time and as ordered. I am not sure what was wrong the first few days, but today they get and A!!

Time to get ready for Acapulco at 11AM .. and then the big Costume Party tonight!!

Glad to hear all is well, has any reason been given for the change of itineraries ?

Carnival changed our itineraries on the oct. 18th sailing 13 days before we sailed, but they gave each person $20 in OBC for the change....They gave us no explanation.....Dennis

Carnival changed our itineraries on the oct. 18th sailing 13 days before we sailed, but they gave each person $20 in OBC for the change....They gave us no explanation.....Dennis

Dennis;

I didn't get a $20.00 OBC for the change? I heard a gal on our Acapulco tour talk about the $20.00 credit. I checked our bill and it wasn't there. I thought maybe she had received the credit for some other reason. I am going to go and check my final bill again just to see if I missed it. You know if they hadn't changed the itinieray we wouldn't have been late back to SD with that propulsion problem. Sure was weird to wake up and find us just sitting still in the middle of the ocean!

Margi

Archived