Live from The Spirit 10/27/08

KLLund

Dennis;

I didn't get a $20.00 OBC for the change? I heard a gal on our Acapulco tour talk about the $20.00 credit. I checked our bill and it wasn't there. I thought maybe she had received the credit for some other reason. I am going to go and check my final bill again just to see if I missed it. You know if they hadn't changed the itinieray we wouldn't have been late back to SD with that propulsion problem. Sure was weird to wake up and find us just sitting still in the middle of the ocean!

Margi

Look on the last page of sign-n-sail final statement...there should be a $40 list that says "less refundable onboard credits applied"...Dennis

Dennis;

Sure was weird to wake up and find us just sitting still in the middle of the ocean!

Margi

Isn't it a strange feeling, we had that happen to us on the CB back in March, everyone getting ready for formal night the lights go out and silence.

It was so strange sitting out in the middle of the ocean, no noise (other than the drunk people 3 decks above us having a we have stopped so lets get drunker party) that I was forced to crack a bottle of wine, go out on the balcony and enjoy it, while the wife cursed every body and thing because she couldn't dry her hair.

Isn't it a strange feeling, we had that happen to us on the CB back in March, everyone getting ready for formal night the lights go out and silence.

It was so strange sitting out in the middle of the ocean, no noise (other than the drunk people 3 decks above us having a we have stopped so lets get drunker party) that I was forced to crack a bottle of wine, go out on the balcony and enjoy it, while the wife cursed every body and thing because she couldn't dry her hair.

LOL!! Not really funny. :o I feel sorry for your wife, but I can relate to getting upset and cursing everything and everybody for inconveniencing her. It is just not right to get in a woman's way! ;)

Kathy, when you were in Las Hadas, how was the beach? I have heard posts that say the beach is rocky, the current is strong, not the best for kids. The pictures from the place look gorgeous! I would love to go there, but also want to be able to have a beach that is great for swimming. Thanks! :)

Hi all .. I promised to do a live from thread and here is the start of it .. I will try and keep it up daily .. but who knows :rolleyes:

Embarkation

Well it finally arrived .. today we fly south or our adventure (or misadventure if you insist) on the Carnival Spirit. The flights went off without a hitch, met up with Chris and Claudia (son and DIL) in Sacramento and arrived in San Diego for our night at the Holiday Inn on the Bay. When we got to the hotel, our CC buddies were waiting for us and we had an interesting evening at Dick’s Last Resort (food is nothing to write home about but the waiters make it special in their own way.)

Finally, Finally it is here the morning when our ship will come in and we can sail away to the Mexican Riviera. We woke up at o’dark thirty to watch her dock … and wait a minute what is this??? Where is the Dock???? Where is Anthony’s ?? For that matter .. who moved the BAY!!! It was totally fogged in. We deduced (with, I might add an bit of discussion) that the ship might be a teensy bit late .. the fog would have to clear somewhat. Little did we know that the ship would not dock until 10:00AM and that is when the fun started. The Elation had docked about an hour earlier and were still disembarking passengers and now the Spirit had many anxious guest who where going to be in flight H*** if they didn’t get to the airport SOON. It quickly became a madhouse with the line for the embarking passengers stretching past the Maritime museum. We elected for the sunny patio at the Holiday Inn on the Bay and a few more drinks while we watched the Teeming hordes continue to line up in the slowest moving line I had ever seen. We had 8 people and all of the luggage so we had decided to take the shuttle. We talked to the shuttle driver about 2:30 and he said .. I just went up in the elevator and you don’t want to go yet .. I will come an get you. About 2:45 he deemed it appropriate to cross the street and we began the process.

Husband and I had a suite so we were able to use the VIP line which went rapidly, however from the very fast and efficient check in .. we needed to wind our way through hundreds of passengers with zone numbers and for some reason most of them seemed to feel that it was important to carry their own luggage on board futher jamming the limited space. We finally made it about 3:30 on board and headed straight for the nearest DOD.

Son and wife and Daughter and Husband were not so lucky. They were in fact among the last to board the ship and crossed onboard as they were announcing Muster Drill.

Finally all the formalities were over and we could start to relax as we sailed out of San Diego on a lovely warm evening. Oh yes, we had late seating for dinner which worked out well, since we sailed at 6PM and those with early seating had dinner at 6:15. To say there was much discussion and grumbling would be to put it kindly but then this is going to be a kinder gentler review .. heck I am on Vacation on a cruise ship under blue skies and warm sunshine .. I can’t really find much wrong in my world. More about the first sea day goings on later.

Okay... fog... so what's the point??

LOL!! Not really funny. :o I feel sorry for your wife, but I can relate to getting upset and cursing everything and everybody for inconveniencing her. It is just not right to get in a woman's way! ;)

Kathy, when you were in Las Hadas, how was the beach? I have heard posts that say the beach is rocky, the current is strong, not the best for kids. The pictures from the place look gorgeous! I would love to go there, but also want to be able to have a beach that is great for swimming. Thanks! :)

The beach was great, a very gentle slope into the water, for a short while, then a drop off. I would be careful with kids. They do have a rental shack there where you can rent water "toys". Also, they do have the swimming area roped off, but it is a little bit into the water. We enjoyed the pool so much more. That darn sand is hot! Everything is hot down there!

Oh Kathy, I feel your pain,,,,I have a disc which insists on herniating,,,,I hurt it two weeks ago, and it is finally "normal" again, and I am babying it for my cruise,,,,,decided NOT to do the ruins in Tulum because of my back, just because I didn't want to risk it,,,,,,hope you had fun anyway,,,Holly

Hi Kathy, what a great thing your doing for us all!!! Thank you!!!

My husband and I will be sailing this cruise in Feb. I wondered who you used for the deep sea fishing, sounds like they really enjoyed it!!! Thanks and have an awesome cruise!!

Carole

KKLund - Thank you so much for taking the time from your cruise to share your experiences with us. The time spent could have been spent playing, but rather you chose to spend some time sharing with us. Thank you...

Okay... fog... so what's the point??

KroozNut - Do you always find sarcasm to throw at people that are taking their time to share with you, or just some of the time?

Thanks again KKLund - everyone else on this thread seems to appreciate your effort and time.

Good Morning

I will have more of the review later on today .. we are off to La Perla at Zihuantenjo for a relax on the beach day ... But let me just say Halloween was hilarious !!!

Someone asked about Las Hadras .. we practically had the beach to ourselves but there were a few children then who seemed to be having a great time. It was not rock .. and the sea was very calm .. and the Pools were wonderful also ..

More when I get back !!!!

KKLund - Thank you so much for taking the time from your cruise to share your experiences with us. The time spent could have been spent playing, but rather you chose to spend some time sharing with us. Thank you...

KroozNut - Do you always find sarcasm to throw at people that are taking their time to share with you, or just some of the time?

Thanks again KKLund - everyone else on this thread seems to appreciate your effort and time.

I think he's just padding his post count....If you don't like this thread don't read it...Dennis

Good Morning

I will have more of the review later on today .. we are off to La Perla at Zihuantenjo for a relax on the beach day ... But let me just say Halloween was hilarious !!!

Someone asked about Las Hadras .. we practically had the beach to ourselves but there were a few children then who seemed to be having a great time. It was not rock .. and the sea was very calm .. and the Pools were wonderful also ..

More when I get back !!!!

Kathy, thanks for providing such a delightful "Live From". I can't wait to read more of your adventures. I'm taking a CC Group on this Itinerary Feb 2010.

Thanks again,

Dave

Archived