Yikes! Just booked the Galaxy! Help!

Richjoxyz

I saw a happy hour sale for the Galaxy, Eleven Night sailing departing on December 29, 2008. Yikes...I booked it! :eek: Great price of $695 each person,:D $1,390 total price including taxes, fuel, etc, but...it is room 4154. :confused: Does anyone know if this room has a window, or just a porthole? :confused: We are right under the dining room! :eek: Any other comments about this ship or our location? :confused: This was a spur of the moment purchase due to the low price. I've sailed HAL, RCCL in the past. WHAT HAVE I DONE? LOL

I saw a happy hour sale for the Galaxy, Eleven Night sailing departing on December 29, 2008. Yikes...I booked it! :eek: Great price of $695 each person,:D $1,390 total price including taxes, fuel, etc, but...it is room 4154. :confused: Does anyone know if this room has a window, or just a porthole? :confused: We are right under the dining room! :eek: Any other comments about this ship or our location? :confused: This was a spur of the moment purchase due to the low price. I've sailed HAL, RCCL in the past. WHAT HAVE I DONE? LOL

A holiday sailing on Celebrity for less than $60/night/pp? I wouldn't care where my room was located or whether it even had a window!!!LOL

Congrats on the great price and enjoy!

I love, love, love the galaxy. Have sailed her twice and at that price for an 11 night cruise, I would stay in the broom closet. We visited a friends outside cabin with window and it was actually quite good sized. You will have a window. Your under the dining room, but its carpeted and people dont RUN up there. Also there are dining hours, so you should be fine Congrats! No worrys!

I love, love, love the galaxy. Have sailed her twice and at that price for an 11 night cruise, I would stay in the broom closet. We visited a friends outside cabin with window and it was actually quite good sized. You will have a window. Your under the dining room, but its carpeted and people dont RUN up there. Also there are dining hours, so you should be fine Congrats! No worrys!

I agree with ccletzgo. For that price I wouldn't care either. Oh yea! I also booked on the Jan 19th cruise. (I paid a little more, but then I got my favorite cabin!)

Did I forget to say that this is our third year for doing this same cruise and in the same cabin? Well it is. I would probly do it again next year but Galaxy isn't doing the southern Carib. Yep I am thinking of doing the Mercury!

Good luck and do not eat all the Waffles before we get there!!!!!!

You are above the engine room and will probably get some noise from below. Posters here have reported a lot of vibration back there in certain cabins. You certainly hear it in the dining room, but it is quite local. Looking at the deck plan you will probably find it quite noisy though. The stern thrusters will give you a wake up call when you arrive in the morning too.

As others have said that is a great price, just be aware of the above.

Phil

Rich, we're on the same sailing. You got a great deal (better than we did by booking several months ago, but we've had a few price drops honoured already and I'm not complaining :) ). This is a great itinerary, and the ship is a favourite of many here.

Start planning for the ports! :D

I think today is the last day of the sale. There might be cabins available in the bow area. I wonder if I should change to the front of the ship? This would help with engine noise problems, but the rear cabin is closer to the food and bars!

I’m no expert, and I don’t work in the travel industry, but I think a happy hour sale is a short sale, maybe one or two days long, and not widely advertised. My guess is that it is used to fill up ships if the booking rates are a little low. I think they are publicized to travel agents.

I saw it on Expedia. I had been watching the prices for the 10 night cruise (Dec 19) and watched them drop over the last few weeks. Then, all the sudden, I saw the ocean view cabin price dropped to $524 for the 11 night cruise! The normal price was around $900.

I started watching and I saw the cabins go away, them more would appear. They were selling like hotcakes. I actually watched them sell by repeatedly checking availability on Expedia. When I saw this I went to crusecompet and got some quotes.

I think today is the last day of the sale.

Archived