Anyone do door signs?

pierces

You guys are good!!

I think I'll go back to the drawing board (print shop).:rolleyes:

Ok, I have to ask. What programs did you all use to make these great signs?

I used Paint Shop Pro Ultimate Photo X2

• 3 weeks later...

great signs!

can't say that i've noticed any on non-Disney cruises, yet im inspired to either recycle or redo one for upcoming Alaskan cruise:)

note that on DCL, 'fish extenders' (home-made extension to mail holder outside cabin door) are big...used for both mail & gift exchanges from meets...here's my door decorations from last cruise. I print the picture, then laminate & just add magnetic tape in the corners.

janet224.jpg

I make a heavyweight paper door sign for our MIXED NUTZ CRUISE GROUP and personalize them with everyones cruisecritic screen name. I laminate them and they become keepsakes or re-usable if you travel with the NUTZ again.

I really like some of those door signs I see here. Maybe time to change it up a bit.

• 10 months later...

Here are the door signs that I made for our last two cruises. I saw a few others on the Adventure of the Seas but ours was the ONLY one I saw on the Equinox. lol

As for having them stolen, it hasn't happened to me yet (knock on wood) but that may be because I make sure that our signs always have our names on them. ;)

2926057520028318781S600x600Q85.jpg

2608547210028318781S600x600Q85.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I shall be going on the Eclipse at the end of September and wondered if the doors in Concierge Class are wood or metal, as I have bought a lovely fridge magnet of the violinist Andre Rieu. If they are not suitable for the doors, how can I put the magnet on the door without ruining Celebrity's

property. I know I sound stupid, but this will be my first cruise.:)

I shall be going on the Eclipse at the end of September and wondered if the doors in Concierge Class are wood or metal, as I have bought a lovely fridge magnet of the violinist Andre Rieu. If they are not suitable for the doors, how can I put the magnet on the door without ruining Celebrity's

property. I know I sound stupid, but this will be my first cruise.:)

We put our signs on the metal panel beside the door on the Solstice. I don't remember if it was because the door was non-magnetic or if it just looked better...

Dave

• 6 months later...
we have taken to doing the door signs for our cabin. It seemed silly to me at first, but wonderful wife thought it would be cute, sooooo.....

I soon found that finding your cabin during a 300 ft. Walk down the hall was a lot easier and we even got thanks from neighbors for the "street sign". Our first one was a craft project and was very "cutsie", but i thought that something classier was in order. All of the following were printed at 8½x11 on photo paper and glued to an 8½x11 sheet of magnetic "paper". They stuck to the doors just fine and really looked great.

Here's a brief history:

these are awesome. How do you do that?

radiance repositioner.

medium.jpg

repositioner - for our first time cruise buddies!

medium.jpg

for our new zealand to hawaii island-hop:

medium.jpg

for our friends son and his girlfriend's mexican riviera cruise,

(we did before dinner and after dinner versions!)

before:

medium.jpg

after:

medium.jpg

maybe a c.c.p.i.c.s. Class? :d

dave

super

Archived