Suites on Princess

BalconyBumz

From what I have read NO. I know it is not available on the Tahitian (found out the hard way :(), and the Pacific is a sister ship. From what others have said, all of the small ships lack the dry cleaning option.

Since I haven't cruised Princess in years (but will be this March :D), what do you mean by "small ships"? We are on the Island Princess.

Thanks (and sorry if this is a stupid question)!

Since I haven't cruised Princess in years (but will be this March :D), what do you mean by "small ships"? We are on the Island Princess.

Thanks (and sorry if this is a stupid question)!

Small ships are listed on the 'Ships' Section on the Princess website. They are the Tahitian, Pacific and the Royal. ;)

Not a stupid question at all! The Pacific, Royal, Tahitian/Ocean Princess are all considered the small ships. The Island Princess is smaller than the large ships, but not considered in this category.

We also learned the hard way on the Tahitian that there was no dry cleaning. Were told after we sent a silk shirt out to be dry cleaned they didn't have that feature on the ship, and they washed it. Wish we would have known before since they used the same slips for laundry that said it was available.

I do think laundry service on the ship is a hit or miss when it comes to the ironing of the clothing returned. We have had laundry come back looking great and other times it has been a mess. Truly I'm not sure some has ever even been touched by an iron, so I had to iron it. Just made it easier to do it myself then.

No restrictions on the laundry, you are free to use as desired.

Yes, in Princess suites (VS, PS, PH) there is only very heavy drape separating the sleeping area from the sitting area.

Mike:)

Hi

Can I just check if pressing is included? I thought I had read somewhere that pressing was not included, but this is a case where I would be delighted to be wrong.

Thanks.

Hi

Can I just check if pressing is included? I thought I had read somewhere that pressing was not included, but this is a case where I would be delighted to be wrong.

Thanks.

In full suites, yes, pressing is included at no charge. In any other category, you would need to be Elite in the Captain's circle though.

So, if you have booked a full suite, you can send anything and everything out for pressing and it is included. Enjoy!

In full suites, yes, pressing is included at no charge. In any other category, you would need to be Elite in the Captain's circle though.

So, if you have booked a full suite, you can send anything and everything out for pressing and it is included. Enjoy!

That really is good news for us, we have a very limited baggage allowance, so we can bring less and have it laundered more often.

I have one more question, about the one time in room bar set up, neither of us drink alcohol, if we ask them to change the alcohol for more coke/7up etc are they likely to do it?

Thanks

Mark.

That really is good news for us, we have a very limited baggage allowance, so we can bring less and have it laundered more often.

I have one more question, about the one time in room bar set up, neither of us drink alcohol, if we ask them to change the alcohol for more coke/7up etc are they likely to do it?

Thanks

Mark.

Mark, no problem. Just call room service and tell them you would like to switch out your alcohol for soft drinks, they will send someone up to take care of it.

Yes, the laundry, pressing, dry cleaning (on the larger ships) is a great perk and one that really keeps me sailing on Princess and booking more. :)

We are in a VS suite in May on the Ruby & I've just read about the special breakfast at Sabbatini's. Our daughter & niece are traveling with us in a separate cabin. Can they join us for breakfast?

Thanks

Mark.

We always get our bar set-up changed out for water and soda. They always bring us more water than we can drink on the cruise so we are sure never to run out. It comes in handy for shore excursions to bring our water with us. Either the steward or room service will change it out with just a phone call.

We are in a VS suite in May on the Ruby & I've just read about the special breakfast at Sabbatini's. Our daughter & niece are traveling with us in a separate cabin. Can they join us for breakfast?

This is something you would have to check into once onboard, since it is so new. I do know that most suite perks are only offered to those that are listed in the full suites and others in their party staying in different stateroom categories are not included. The only exception I have seen is with priority tender tickets, you can often get extras for others in your party.

You'll have to let us know on the breakfast issue. But if I had to guess, I would guess no, unless those in the other stateroom are children traveling with you, I would guess they would make an exception for children not booked with the parents, but just not sure if they will not allow you to bring guests. But I have been wrong before and of coarse I am just guessing on this one. ;)

• 2 months later...
I'm still not clear on whether or not we will have free wifi in our grand suite on the Diamond. Does anyone know for sure? Also, can we select what we want in our initial minibar setup?

If the wifi is installed on the Diamond (and it should be) you will have all the free internet you need be it wifi or in the cafe.

Your minibar will be set up with 8 minis (two of each kind) all you need do is give room service a call and ask them to change the 6 out for kind you prefer. I do it every time (swap the others for Beefeater)

Mike:)

I'm still not clear on whether or not we will have free wifi in our grand suite on the Diamond. Does anyone know for sure? Also, can we select what we want in our initial minibar setup?

Actually, you an not exactly select 'what you want' for your mini bar. You can choose from the choices that are originally placed in the stateroom. In other words, if you want to switch the two small cognac for two small smirnoff, they will do it. Or you can switch out any of the itmes for more of the same. But the items are very limited, and what you find in your mini bar are what you can choose from as they don't supply other items not displayed for substitues in the mini bar selection.

The choices are:

2 mini Smirnoff

2 mini Canadian Club

2 mini Beefeater Gin

2 mini Cognac

2 Beers

2 Sprite

2 Coke/ or Diet coke

2 Small bottles of water

2 Perrier

They will not switch out for wine, or rum, or other alcoholic items.

You will not need to even go to the internet cafe since you are in the Grand Suite. There is a computer in the cabin for your personal use. It is really quite nice to have. Now I don't know if you can get wireless service for a laptop, at least the computer is there for your use. Here is a link to our pictures of the GS and the computer.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2111120780046103269sgUcnl

This is a picture of the Sapphire Princess GS, but the Diamond is exactly the same. We had excellent connections in the GS. One day we were in port and the internet cafe was closed due to lack of a decent connection, they said. We had no problem in our cabin.

Have a great cruise in the GS. We are getting ready for a 14 day cruise in one to Hawaii. Just one warning, once you have spent time in this cabin it will be hard to go backwards, though we have had to.

Archived