Suites on Princess

BalconyBumz

Having sailed in this suite on both the Star and Coral - the most enduring feature is the humungous balcony on the Caribe deck

As both cruises were 'family' one's we would get the two balcony

cabins next - have the steward open up the doors for the whole

sailing and have evem more humungous extended balconies - but

could also easily have 6 pax lounging on the suite one with room

to spare

We happen to like the exposed sunny section(s) of the balcony

Also love the free internet - the advance menus in the cabin -

the curtain the closes off the bedroom and the design of the

bathroom which open up both the entrance and bedroom is

genuis

IMO it's a better designed suite that we've sailed on with X and

HAL does not a similar design but NCL courtyard suites still rank #1

with us - internet in cabin - butler and concierge - but much smaller

balcony (if you not using the courtyard)

jc

I saw this posted on the Ruby Princess thread is this for full suites or mini suite guests also can go for the breakfast:confused:

Sabatini's Breakfast for Suite Passengers: Suite passengers will have exclusive access to breakfast served at Sabatini's. The alternative restaurant will trade its usual Italian-inspired menu for breakfast specialties, such as brioche French toast, yogurt and granola parfaits, and Belgian waffles. Breakfast will be served from 7:30 until 10:30.

I am interested in finding out when and if this particular perk will be implemented fleet wide. I am sailing on the Golden Princess in a VS this coming Dec. 24th and was hoping that we would be able to have breakfast in Sabatini's. Anyone one know for sure??

When we began cruising years ago it was the cheapest outside cabin. Then we moved up to a balcony cabin and got spoiled when we got an upgrade to a mini suite on the old Royal Princess. So now we book mini suites on most of our cruises. However, the cruise we have coming up on the Golden we were upgraded to a PH suite and I am so excited about it. Does anyone have any pictures of the PH suites? It will be difficult to go back to a mini after this, I'm sure. But I am just happy to be on any cruise in any outside cabin!

Don't the suite pax get a special lunch with the Captain and a special cocktail party? Or have they discontinued that?

We'll be in a full suite on the CB in April. Does anyone know if by that time the WiFi will be included withthe free internet? I had heard it might after the drydock, but wasn't sure. It would be great to have free internet while lounging on the balcony.

When we began cruising years ago it was the cheapest outside cabin. Then we moved up to a balcony cabin and got spoiled when we got an upgrade to a mini suite on the old Royal Princess. So now we book mini suites on most of our cruises. However, the cruise we have coming up on the Golden we were upgraded to a PH suite and I am so excited about it. Does anyone have any pictures of the PH suites? It will be difficult to go back to a mini after this, I'm sure. But I am just happy to be on any cruise in any outside cabin!

Don't the suite pax get a special lunch with the Captain and a special cocktail party? Or have they discontinued that?

Although this video is on the Grand Princess (we have this identical suite booked for January but not sure who took this), I am sure the one on the Golden will be quite similar if not exactly the same.

As for the special luncheon. We have attended these for the most traveled passengers and they have had nothing to do with the accomodations you are staying in. I also have never heard of a luncheon on Princess for suite passengers, and I have not seen a special cocktail party for suites on Princess ever before either. This is usually for most traveled passengers also if there isn't a luncheon for them.

Enjoy!

[/b]

Although this video is on the Grand Princess (we have this identical suite booked for January but not sure who took this), I am sure the one on the Golden will be quite similar if not exactly the same.

As for the special luncheon. We have attended these for the most traveled passengers and they have had nothing to do with the accomodations you are staying in. I also have never heard of a luncheon on Princess for suite passengers, and I have not seen a special cocktail party for suites on Princess ever before either. This is usually for most traveled passengers also if there isn't a luncheon for them.

Enjoy!

The reason I asked about it was when we were on the old Royal and in a mini suite they had a special cocktail party just for the suite pax. I know they do one for the most traveled pax (lunch) as we've been to several of those. Thanks for the video. I'll check it out.

The reason I asked about it was when we were on the old Royal and in a mini suite they had a special cocktail party just for the suite pax. I know they do one for the most traveled pax (lunch) as we've been to several of those. Thanks for the video. I'll check it out.

Interesting, I wonder if this was quite awhile ago or maybe something the Royal did (we have never sailed on the old Royal, unfortunately). As I really had not heard of this in maybe 15 years or so?

Anymore on Princess, mini suites are not really considered a suite accomodation, so as said, it was probably because it was the Royal or was some time back.

Enjoy the video!

Interesting, I wonder if this was quite awhile ago or maybe something the Royal did (we have never sailed on the old Royal, unfortunately). As I really had not heard of this in maybe 15 years or so?

Anymore on Princess, mini suites are not really considered a suite accomodation, so as said, it was probably because it was the Royal or was some time back.

Enjoy the video!

I checked out the video and now am really looking forward to having such a roomy cabin. We will be in C423 on the Golden.

Boy do I wish the CB had their suites on the Caribe deck. What were they thinking?

I love that video. We were originally booked on the Grand in Europe but I figured teh airfare to the Carib. would be much cheaper.

Boy do I wish the CB had their suites on the Caribe deck. What were they thinking?

I love that video. We were originally booked on the Grand in Europe but I figured teh airfare to the Carib. would be much cheaper.

It is the one reason we booked the PH after I saw a PH become available. I really like the location of these suites on the Grand Princess. Nice centrally located midship suite. I love the aft, but on these larger ships, they seem to be so far to walk to anywhere, would much rather have a mid ship stateroom. So, it's the best of both worlds IMHO. :)

The CB does have four PS suites on Caribe deck across the rear of the ship.

Mike:)

[/b]

Toto, we have stayed in C415, C420, C421, D736 and D737 on The Grand as well as The Golden and have never been able to tell any difference in the cabins other than what side the door opened. The balconies on the vista suites were different of course, because of being wider and fully covered making them more private.

I am just really taken with those aft cabins can you tell.:rolleyes:

Mike:)

The Grand Suite is listed as a 'GS' suite. They 'normally' book out quickly and many just shortly after a cruise opens up.

Yeah- I've tried three times to get one, and they're gone right away. But I'll echo everyone else's sentiments here and tell the OP that a full suite on a Princess ship is very nice indeed.

For our upcoming cruise, one popped up out of nowhere for January (last minute cancellation it seems).

Did you keep trying, or was there some sort of notifier? Did you have an existing booking you'd transferred?

One thing on Princess though, they rarely discount any of their suites

I noticed that, too- when I see all the "price drop after final payment" threads I know I'll never have to worry about that! :o

Did you keep trying, or was there some sort of notifier? Did you have an existing booking you'd transferred?

:o

We had an existing booking and I just kept my eyes open for one and transferred ours over. Believe it or not, there is a GS and a PH still available for our sailing in January (14 day Caribbean Cruise). The GS were booked solid right from the start (of coarse there are only two to begin with). Then just the other day, a GS and PH showed up on Princess and other websites. Someone must have cancelled AFTER final payment as they weren't there before final payment date, or even a week or two after.

Oh, and among the amenities you get in a Full Suite is complimentary laundry and dry-cleaning. I wouldn't have normally placed much emphasis on that 'till I read this thread- turns out that having someone else do your washing for you not only means more time spent "vacationing", but might also save you from having to go 10 rounds with someone in the laundry room! :D

Who knew such brawls were so relatively commonplace?!

We'll be in a full suite on the CB in April. Does anyone know if by that time the WiFi will be included withthe free internet? I had heard it might after the drydock, but wasn't sure. It would be great to have free internet while lounging on the balcony.

I think that change has been made as far as the Wi-Fi included in your internet mins. Or free if in a suite. As far as in your room? I donno if that will happen even after dry dock. We will be on Golden in Oct. and she drydocks in April. But it WOULD be nice just to hang on the balcony with access. I know last time we went in Oct 07 I took wireless USB boosters and couldnt come close to picking anything up from the cabin. But we were all the way Aft and there was no way.

As far as in your room? I dunno if that will happen even after dry dock. We will be on Golden in Oct. and she drydocks in April. But it WOULD be nice just to hang on the balcony with access.

It might be possible by then- I'm on the Ruby at the end of the month, and according to the USA Today Travel Blog Guy he's got in-room access.

As for wi-fi internet (jstiles74's second question), it's working greating from my cabin, which is where I am right now, and that's an upgrade for Princess. The line has placed more hotspots on this ship than on earlier vessels.

We are booked on the Crown at Thanksgiving in a suite. Two of the perks listed are:

Preferred Anytime DiningSM reservations and Complimentary use of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa (Emerald Princess, Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, Star Princess, Coral Princess and Island Princess).

Questions: How does the preferred anytime dining reservations work?

Is the complimentary use of the thermal suite unlimited?

Any information would be appreciated.

This is our second cruise on the Crown but first time in a suite with Princess. We sail in two weeks!

On a recent cruise aboard the Star, we had a VS, E733, overlooking the ship's wake. The reports of vibration or fumes were never an issue, though the sprinkler system's occasional burst of water, made us a bit cautious standing on the balcony when dressed for the evening, and also helped us decide against ensuite/balcony dining.

Having been in NCL court yard, RCL owner's and X Royal suites, I anticipated having a concierge on Princess to take care of reservations, and smooth out any issues for us. Although we thoroughly enjoyed the VS, we found it necessary to repeatedly ask for the amenities. In part, the difficulty was with new crew and just coming out of dry dock.

The free laundry is a plus. We arrived in CA a few days prior to the 10 night cruise [and were staying on a few days post cruise], so once we arrived on board we sent out the first bag of laundry. Internet access is spotty, and something I can live without. If the suites had it in the rooms, it would have been more useful and the library/computer center was nearly always packed. Nighly canapes were a nice touch, but it was easier to grab a few items we liked from the buffet to keep in the room.

I really didn't understand the anytime dining reservations as I was told by the maitre d' that everyone is treated the same way on Princess as he handed me a beeper. One did not have to be in a suite to make reservations.

We toured the spa and asked about the complimentary thermal suite amenity. Lounging on a hot rock chair wasn't for us. Sure wish a general spa credit was offered to suite passengers, who then could decide how to use the variety of spa services.

Darcy

On a recent cruise aboard the Star, we had a VS, E733, overlooking the ship's wake. The reports of vibration or fumes were never an issue, though the sprinkler system's occasional burst of water, made us a bit cautious standing on the balcony when dressed for the evening, and also helped us decide against ensuite/balcony dining.

Having been in NCL court yard, RCL owner's and X Royal suites, I anticipated having a concierge on Princess to take care of reservations, and smooth out any issues for us. Although we thoroughly enjoyed the VS, we found it necessary to repeatedly ask for the amenities. In part, the difficulty was with new crew and just coming out of dry dock.

The free laundry is a plus. We arrived in CA a few days prior to the 10 night cruise [and were staying on a few days post cruise], so once we arrived on board we sent out the first bag of laundry. Internet access is spotty, and something I can live without. If the suites had it in the rooms, it would have been more useful and the library/computer center was nearly always packed. Nighly canapes were a nice touch, but it was easier to grab a few items we liked from the buffet to keep in the room.

I really didn't understand the anytime dining reservations as I was told by the maitre d' that everyone is treated the same way on Princess as he handed me a beeper. One did not have to be in a suite to make reservations.

We toured the spa and asked about the complimentary thermal suite amenity. Lounging on a hot rock chair wasn't for us. Sure wish a general spa credit was offered to suite passengers, who then could decide how to use the variety of spa services.

Darcy

We have sailed on different lines that provided both butlers and a concierge. Personally, I don't need those people to enjoy our suites. In fact, there have been times we have found the butlers to be a bit intrusive and would rather do without them. We have had some wonderful and dedicated suite stewards on Princess, and they have taken care of all our needs that arise.

As the ships got larger, it seems it was more difficult to deal with these options then to do without them. IMHO of coarse!

But, there are still lines that offer these services if you feel the need for them. Isn't it great there is a choice? ;)

It's my understanding that full-suite passengers get to call as early as they like (i.e., upon embarkation, or make one for a couple of days out, etc.) and get their names on the for the times they want as soon as possible, as opposed to having to come down and actually stand in line and get a beeper.

... but, it's been two years since I've been on a ship and my memory could be faulty. I do recall that I didn't have much trouble last time getting my desired time in.

Upon embarkation, DH called for advanced reservations at Sabatini's, no problem with that, however, when we requested a specific time for anytime dining, we were told to take that up at the dining room. There, the maitre d' simply handed us a beeper. So, we headed to Vines every night to wait for a table. I'm sure it was partly due to the high personnel change over on the ship as there were a number of minor glitches on our cruise. Our room steward, though very efficient, had a pager that did not work.

When I went to Guest Relations and inquired why we were not receiving a number of suite amenities, I was told they were not aware of any of the things I requested. In frustration, I stopped by the Internet Cafe [luckily it was working] and went to the Princess web site to print a list for Guest Relations. Handing the list to them was like a comedy routine and enjoyed by those in line for assistance as I was asked where I got the list. About twenty minutes later, I went back to our room, and found flowers, champagne, canapes, key card holders, extra laundry bags, tote bag, wine list & dining menus, DVD list, etc., and the room service manager! Oh, this was on day 5 of the cruise. The following morning, our steward thanked me for getting him a pager that worked.

This was not our first Princess cruise, and will not be our last. Simply have to adjust expectations from time to time. Of course, we are heading to FL this weekend for the Solstice inaugural which will be a fun time.

Darcy

Upon embarkation, DH called for advanced reservations at Sabatini's, no problem with that, however, when we requested a specific time for anytime dining, we were told to take that up at the dining room. There, the maitre d' simply handed us a beeper. So, we headed to Vines every night to wait for a table. I'm sure it was partly due to the high personnel change over on the ship as there were a number of minor glitches on our cruise. Our room steward, though very efficient, had a pager that did not work.

When I went to Guest Relations and inquired why we were not receiving a number of suite amenities, I was told they were not aware of any of the things I requested. In frustration, I stopped by the Internet Cafe [luckily it was working] and went to the Princess web site to print a list for Guest Relations. Handing the list to them was like a comedy routine and enjoyed by those in line for assistance as I was asked where I got the list. About twenty minutes later, I went back to our room, and found flowers, champagne, canapes, key card holders, extra laundry bags, tote bag, wine list & dining menus, DVD list, etc., and the room service manager! Oh, this was on day 5 of the cruise. The following morning, our steward thanked me for getting him a pager that worked.

This was not our first Princess cruise, and will not be our last. Simply have to adjust expectations from time to time. Of course, we are heading to FL this weekend for the Solstice inaugural which will be a fun time.

Darcy

Makes me think I should bring a copy of the amentites with me on our next cruise. Thanks for the heads up. Glad that you got the amenities, sorry that it was at the end of your cruise.

I have been asking about something on the "Live from Ruby" thread that maybe you could answer. Does Princess differentiate on your cruise card(maybe by color) that you are in a suite?

I'm also hoping that a lot of the new perks that are being unveiled on the Ruby will be up and running on our Dec. 24th, 2008 cruise on the Golden especially the breakfast in Sabatini's for full suite guests.:)

Archived