Can the queen bed be made into two beds in Owners Suite?

I know that they will separate the beds in balcony cabins but I haven't seen that this can be done in the Owners Suite on the AOS. Is there a way to go on-line and request that it is made into two beds or do we have to wait until we get there and request this of our cabin attendant??

Thanks for all who respond.:D

My recollection when I've stayed in the OS on the Voyager/Freedom class ships, the furniture on each side of the bed would not allow room for the bed to separate. Also reviewed the RCCL website describing the OS and it didn't mention the bed could be made into 2 singles and again looked over the furnshings on each side of the bed and looks like there would be no room to separate them.

Others may have comments on their experiences.

Dave

I don´t know the final answer on this, but from the cabin descriptions on the website it seems that all beds can be either pushed together as one big one or be seperated except those ones in the OS and RS. It seems that OS and RS have one bed and not two that are pushed together.

So a request to the cabin steward wouldn´t bring you anywhere.

It says queen bed but a king would sure make things better! I hope its a king on the AOS too!!! I called Customer Relations and one person said she wasn't sure about the one bed becoming two, another said she was "pretty sure" that you couldn't and the third said "she was positive you could".....hence the question......

Thanks for responding. Not the answer I was hoping for!!! Our family of 9 are going on this cruise and our Godmother and my daughter spent a LOT of money to stay in the owners suite....and now to find out that they cannot have their own beds.....UNBELIEVABLE!

Didn't anyone confirm the bed configuration for that category of cabin when the reservation was made? The information is available on the RCL website.

Didn't anyone confirm the bed configuration for that category of cabin when the reservation was made? The information is available on the RCL website.

It says a queen size bed but IT DOES NOT SAY, that it cannot be converted into two beds LIKE EVERY OTHER CATEGORY OF CABIN!!!!!!! Which is what the RCL website says.....I researched this cruise (this will be our 3rd cruise on the AOS) so it's not like I am new to cruise, this ship or the ins and outs of cruising in general.

The website really needs to state that the beds cannot be separated!!!!!! Not everyone that cruises are married and/or wants to sleep with the person with whom they are sharing a cabin with. Because I am certain that a lot of people are not a "couple" that share a cabin, one would think that they would make this clear on their website, and to their customer relations department.

:(

It says a queen size bed but IT DOES NOT SAY, that it cannot be converted into two beds LIKE EVERY OTHER CATEGORY OF CABIN!!!!!!! Which is what the RCL website says.....I researched this cruise (this will be our 3rd cruise on the AOS) so it's not like I am new to cruise, this ship or the ins and outs of cruising in general.

The website really needs to state that the beds cannot be separated!!!!!! Not everyone that cruises are married and/or wants to sleep with the person with whom they are sharing a cabin with. Because I am certain that a lot of people are not a "couple" that share a cabin, one would think that they would make this clear on their website, and to their customer relations department.

Not to sound like a SA but to me from their website it was always clear to me that the beds in the OS and RS can´t be seperated, as the room description mentions this option for every other category but not for OS and RS, so I get it´s not available in these cabins. That´s one of the reasons I never looked into booking one of those when travelling with my Mom as we need seperate beds.

I think you are reading most of the cabin descriptions backwards. Most standard cabins have have the description of - 2 twin beds that can be converted into a queen. The owners suite on AOS describes a queen bed and a queen sleep sofa. Also, if you look at the 360 of the cabin you can see the foot of the bed is solid, not 2 twins pushed together.

What is unbelievable to me, anyone would spend that kind of money and not know the configuration of the cabin. But JMHO.

IMO I think it very clear on the website that the OS and RS Queen bed can not be converted since all other categories say "twin beds that convert to queen". I would love to book and OS when I travel with my mom and cousin, but typically book the GS becase we all want our own beds. I believe it is different on Oasis for the OS since it has the twin bed specification. It is never good to make assumptions, I found when I do so I'm often wrong. Always good to check the cabin arrangement if you are not sure before booking.

It says queen bed but a king would sure make things better! I hope its a king on the AOS too!!! I called Customer Relations and one person said she wasn't sure about the one bed becoming two, another said she was "pretty sure" that you couldn't and the third said "she was positive you could".....hence the question......

I know. I was expecting a queen when I walked into the suite and was surprised to find a king

Thanks everyone for your posts! So, as it ends up, I got in touch with my TA and he contacted someone that he relies on for such things as this.

All of the OS and Royal Suites on the AOS have been changed from a queen to a king! Thanks to the person that said this, you were correct!

So, you see, it wouldn't have mattered if I had noticed that it DIDN'T say that they could convert to two beds because the website is INCORRECT!

They should be fine in a king.....or one can sleep on the sofa bed that have also had relatively new mattresses put on them...

Oh and also, to transam84 and madforcruising, most little tiny details don't get by me but this one did even though you guys felt it was "very clear", it ended up still being incorrect. It never ceases to amaze me how some people respond to questions that people post (isn't that what CC is all about) with a "you're pretty stupid" attitude to the poster.....unjustified.

If it had different wording than every other category why would you think it had the same option?

Thank you!!!!!

Found out it is actually a king, not a queen as the website says and they should be fine with a king.

To all of you who pointed out that I should have known, that it was very clear, etc......you wouldn't have been correct any more than I was because the website is incorrect. My TA found out from someone he trusts at RCCL and he said that the queen was changed to a king a couple of years ago when they upgraded all the mattresses on the AOS.....

I think that should have been clear to you being the perfect, all knowing people you apparently think yourselves to be.

I asked a simple question, tried to explain the situation, and what I got back from some of you was unjustified and rude. It never ceases to amaze me how some folks on the RC boards, tend to be this way. Cruise Critic's objective is to learn from people who have ACTUALLY seen it, been there, done that. Please don't beat me up simply because I was asking a question that some of you thought I should know because the website was so "clear" about it. As it ends up, the website was INCORRECT!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Found out it is actually a king, not a queen as the website says and they should be fine with a king.

To all of you who pointed out that I should have known, that it was very clear, etc......you wouldn't have been correct any more than I was because the website is incorrect. My TA found out from someone he trusts at RCCL and he said that the queen was changed to a king a couple of years ago when they upgraded all the mattresses on the AOS.....

I think that should have been clear to you being the perfect, all knowing people you apparently think yourselves to be.

I asked a simple question, tried to explain the situation, and what I got back from some of you was unjustified and rude. It never ceases to amaze me how some folks on the RC boards, tend to be this way. Cruise Critic's objective is to learn from people who have ACTUALLY seen it, been there, done that. Please don't beat me up simply because I was asking a question that some of you thought I should know because the website was so "clear" about it. As it ends up, the website was INCORRECT!!!!!!

I totally agree with you. When someone asks a question it is because they need quick accurate information. Not someone who thinks they are so much brighter then them with their smart alec answers. It's when they get behind a keyboard anonymously that this side of them comes out. So sad ...I'm glad you got your information you needed and like I say earlier one of them "could" sleep on couch.

Thanks everyone for your posts! So, as it ends up, I got in touch with my TA and he contacted someone that he relies on for such things as this.

All of the OS and Royal Suites on the AOS have been changed from a queen to a king! Thanks to the person that said this, you were correct!

So, you see, it wouldn't have mattered if I had noticed that it DIDN'T say that they could convert to two beds because the website is INCORRECT!

They should be fine in a king.....or one can sleep on the sofa bed that have also had relatively new mattresses put on them...

Your welcome!! It is confusing. I mentioned to DH tonight...wasn't that bed a king...he said actually yes it was. The bed on the LOS was so spacious and comfortable.

Enjoy your cruise!

Your welcome!! It is confusing. I mentioned to DH tonight...wasn't that bed a king...he said actually yes it was. The bed on the LOS was so spacious and comfortable.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! Yes, we hope to enjoy our cruise. We love the AOS and I can't wait to see the faces of my family when they see the ship for the first time.....they are all new to cruising and so I have been trying to make sure everything is as perfect as possible. I know, that's asking too much and my DH says "Honey, they've never cruised before so they won't know if its perfect or not"....I think the two in the OS will be perfectly comfortable in a king....I just couldn't see them in a queen. Thank you VERY MUCH and I hope you also enjoy your next cruise!:D

Thank you!!!!!

All beds on all RCI ships are quoted as a queen on the website, albeit they are 2 twins that convert to a queen OR just a queen. In reality the website is wrong, but only to err on the side of caution, the beds are actually bigger than a queen, but a little smaller than a king size. There are some people who would complain if the advertised king size bed was not actually king sized, not many people would complain if the bed was bigger than advertised

Thank you! Yes, we hope to enjoy our cruise. We love the AOS and I can't wait to see the faces of my family when they see the ship for the first time.....they are all new to cruising and so I have been trying to make sure everything is as perfect as possible. I know, that's asking too much and my DH says "Honey, they've never cruised before so they won't know if its perfect or not"....I think the two in the OS will be perfectly comfortable in a king....I just couldn't see them in a queen. Thank you VERY MUCH and I hope you also enjoy your next cruise!:D

Thanks! I'm sure you'll all have a great time...no reason to fuss. DH & I are booked for the Oasis on 1/2/10....now that ship would make their mouths drop as well I'm sure.

Your welcome! You'll all have a great time. DH & I are booked for the Oasis of the seas on 1/2/10. We can't wait

Archived