Monarch arrives in Miami

Great pictures! Thanks so much. I miss Monarch.

I can't wait for tomorrow (Monday). My DD is coming back into Miami on Majesty from the Bud Lite Party Cruise. Only gone three days and I miss her a lot!

Hopefully they will have nice weather for the return!

We took our first cruise in 1993 on the old Dolphin SeaBreeze (RIP), out of Miami. As the cab came down the street by the pier to double back and enter the pier area, we saw the 19,000 GRT SeaBreeze dwarfed by the Majesty and Sovereign.

Looking at Gordon's pictures of the Freedom and Monarch, I thought how the times have changed and the former big shot is now a little squirt!

Hard to believe that Monarch was my 1st cruise and next year we will be on Freedom for the first time. And we thought Monarch was big and beautiful which I'm sure she still is. Can't wait for Freedom though.

Too bad they couldn't get just one last appearence of the trio (Majesty, Sovereign and Monarch) together before Sovereign leaves the fleet since all three are so close to each other (for now). I would pay good money for a picture of that.;)

Too bad they couldn't get just one last appearence of the trio (Majesty, Sovereign and Monarch) together before Sovereign leaves the fleet since all three are so close to each other (for now). I would pay good money for a picture of that.;)

My thoughts exactly! My passion for cruising was born on the Sovereign back in 1994. We sailed on the Majesty a few years later, and will sail on the Monarch in April. I'm so glad we'll have sailed on the entire trio before they find their new homes elsewhere.

Karen

Thanks for posting these pic's..

It's so funny.......every time we arrived at port (LA) for our cruises on Monarch, we would comment on what a decent size ship she is, even after

being on Freedom and Voyager class ships. Then when I saw it next to Freedom I giggled :D:D:D

So weird to see Monarch on the other side of the country :(;) *sniff*

It's a good thing that the Monarch is going into dry dock as her exterior starboard side that was exposed looked really bad. Streaks of rust and just dirty looking. We sailed passed her yesterday afternoon.

Gordon.........we got those dirty marks off of a fender system in Puntareanus, Costa Rica. Celebrity's Infinity had the good side of the dock and we got the old tractor tire side.

The captain was not pleased that what looked pretty good was left looking like you see in the picture!!

Rick

Archived