How do I cash in my RCCL credit card points

berbet

Using my RCCL credit card for all my expenses to save up points to cash in towards our Oasis cruise. Can I cash in points and use on an existing reservation or does it have to be on a brand new one? Can someone explain how this all works? Is it more advantagous to wait until I have enough for a free cruise (it will be a while) or does it make sense to use the points for say $500 off my cruise now? tx

You can use the CC point certificate for an already booked cruise, or a new one. You call the # on the back of the card. You get the best bang for your buck if you apply it for the free cruise!

When you receive the certificate, you have 6 months to apply it to a cruise ( don't have to take the cruise in the 6 months just apply the certificate to a cruise). You mail the certificate ( after making a copy) to the address on the certificate. Takes about 10 days to get the certficate after requesting it.

Good Luck!

Tx, pmshirl. So if I request the certificate and apply it and then for some reason have to cancel my cruise, what happens to the points? Do they get put back on the card? Yes, I'd rather hold off until I qualify for the free one. I'm just afraid by that time they will change the rules and will discontinue free cruises.

The number for BofA is 1-800-421-2110. Request a certificate for a 10,000 points redemption or whatever 5000 point increments you have. The number for RCI Points Redemption is 1-888-305-4626.

When you get your certificate, there will be a certificate number on it. Call RCI Points Redemption, give them the number and how you want the certificate used ...then fill out the certificate, check off the proper box, MAKE A COPY, and send to the address given.

You need to use "their lingo". You can't ask for $400 OBC, they don't know what you are talking about. Here's what to say now: "Hi, I'd like to redeem my Royal Caribean Visa Reward points. I'd like 1- 25,000 point coupon and 3 -5,000 point coupons." Or whatever it is that I want. The folks at BoA won't know what you are talking about if you ask for the free robe certificate, or the picnic basket certificate, but if you ask for the point value and the number of coupons you want, they should know what you want without hassle.

I have never had to cancel using the certificate. My understanding is once you request the certificate it MUST be applied in the 6 months. I don't think you would get the points put back to your account if you cancelled that cruise, you applied the certificate to.

I can't tell you if you transfer your booking to another cruise, if the certificate will transfer on to the new cruise!

You don't necessarily have to wait until you have enough for an entire Free Cruise. If you use your points for "Upgrades" you get a better value.

Here's the info from RCI website:

PointsROYAL CARIBBEAN REWARDSSM - One Reward per point level

$50 USD onboard credit toward onboard purchases ie: Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc. (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned)

Upgrade, on a 3 to 4 night cruise for two, (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).

2 Royal Caribbean robes delivered onboard

Mumm Cordon Rouge and chocolate coverd strawberries delivered onboard

Royal Packet - Two Royal Caribbean towels, cameras, and messenger bags delivered to your home

Royal Wear - Two Royal Caribbean polo shirts and baseball caps delivered to your home

$150 USD onboard credit toward onboard purchases i.e Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned)

$150 USD towards the purchase of a cruise (any ship and itinerary)

Upgrade on a 4 to 8 night cruise for two, September-May (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Onboard Grand Romance Package - includes a bottle of champagne, fresh flowers, two robes, canapés and petit fours, breakfast in bed one morning, and a keepsake portrait.

$250 USD onboard credit toward onboard purchases i.e. Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned).

Upgrade on a 4 to 8 night cruise for two, June-August (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).

Free companion fare on a 3 to 4 night cruise (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

$500 USD onboard credit toward onboard purchases i.e Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned).

$500 USD towards the purchase of a cruise (any ship and itinerary)

Upgrade on a 4 to 8 night cruise for two (oceanview stateroom to minimum available balcony stateroom, excluding suites).*

Upgrade on a 9 to 12 night Caribbean cruise for two (oceanview stateroom to minimum available balcony stateroom, excluding suites).

Upgrade on a 7 night Alaska cruise for two (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Upgrade on a 7 to 12 night European cruise for two (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).

Free 3 to 4 night cruise for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom).

Upgrade on a 7 night European cruise for two (balcony stateroom to a junior suite)

Upgrade on a 7 night Alaska cruise for two (balcony stateroom to a junior suite)

Free companion fare on a 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera cruise (minimum available oceanview stateroom).

Free 5 to 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera cruise for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom).

Free companion fare on a 7 night Alaska cruise (minimum available oceanview stateroom).

Free companion fare on a 9 to 12 night Caribbean cruise (minimum available oceanview stateroom).

Free 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera cruise for two (minimum available balcony stateroom)

Free 7 night Alaska cruise for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom)

Free 9 to 12 night Caribbean cruise for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom)* Free companion fare on a 12 night European cruise (minimum available oceanview stateroom).

You'll notice where I highlighted the upgrade portions

you'll get more than $1 value per 100 points.

You can redeem on existing as well as new bookings.

To redeem, call the Customer Service # on the back of your card and tell them what you want. They will send you "Certificates" to fill out and mail back. You need to allow several weeks before your cruise for this process.

Hope This Helps.

Thanks. One more question -- on the free cruises it says minimum available oceanview cabin. Can I book the free oceanview and then pay the difference for a balcony? or do I have to cruise in the oceanview?

Thanks. One more question -- on the free cruises it says minimum available oceanview cabin. Can I book the free oceanview and then pay the difference for a balcony? or do I have to cruise in the oceanview?

Paying the difference is exactly what we are doing on our FREE 7-NIGHT CARIBBEAN CRUISE. :D

You can also do the same for any of the upgrades and free companion awards.

We booked the "25,000 point, 4-day with Free Companion" and paid for a balcony. We basically got a $400 discount off the price.

Hmmm. You just gave me an idea I hadn't thought of. Have been toying w/the idea of a 4 night cruise for Christmas but w/the economy the way it is, DH isn't keen on spending the $. We have to add in airline tix, too. But, I could cash in 25,000 points and one of our cruise fares could be free. Wish I had another 10,000 points, then both could be free. Are there any blackout dates like the airlines do? i.e. would I be able to get free companion fare over Christmas?

This is the reason I said you get the best bang for your buck when using the free cruise!

I booked the Liberty 7 nights ( cost for 2 was $2500.00) used 125K points.

If you use the points for upgrades, OBC etc., you use 50K points for a $500,00 value of OBC or $500.00 off cruise price or upgrade.

3 x 50k points will only get you $1500.00 and you are using 25K extra points to get $1500.00 worth

125K points gets -7 nite free cruise value $2500.00

150K points used for OBC, Upgrades, etc. =$1500.00 ( 50K points per 500)

I apologize if this was already mentioned but the points expire in 5 years and at least for us, we can't accumulate 125,000 points in that time period. We jused used 15,000 points for our May LOS cruise to upgrade from inside to oceanview (we are paying the difference and staying in a balcony) and we received $300 off instead of $150 as the difference in price between inside and outside was more than $150 pp. It all depends on the pricing.

Questions:

1. If you book a cruise using the "free cruise" points, do you get C&A pointcruise credits for the trip?
  2. If you do the same, and then pay for an upgrade, do you get C&A cruise credits for the trip?

You need to upgrade from the free OV ( and pay the difference) in order to get the C&A credit. If you just book the free OV cruise, you won't receive C&A credits!

You have to pay Something on the cabin to qualify! That is why the upgrade qualifies for the C&A credit.

You need to upgrade from the free OV ( and pay the difference) in order to get the C&A credit. If you just book the free OV cruise, you won't receive C&A credits!

You have to pay Something on the cabin to qualify! That is why the upgrade qualifies for the C&A credit.

I cannot say for sure but I believe this is wrong. Rewards points are like cash. You have already spent the money to earn the points so technically you have "paid" for the cruise. Can anyone that has done this confirm either way?

I have never run into this situation myself, as far as only using the points for an OV. I have read on CC from other's that responded and said, they didn't get the C&A credit when using the points for just the OV.

I have upgraded to a balcony ( paid the difference) and received the C&A credit!

Maybe someone can verify by experience, whether the C&A credit is given when using Credit Card points to get the Free OV.

I received my certificates, and have mailed them to RCCL. How long should I expect to see them posted to my cruise? Can I see them if I log in to my cruise? This is my first cruise with RCCL, so I am not a member of C&A. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I received my certificates, and have mailed them to RCCL. How long should I expect to see them posted to my cruise? Can I see them if I log in to my cruise? This is my first cruise with RCCL, so I am not a member of C&A. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bumping

• 4 years later...

Tried to redeem 125,000 miles for the value of an oceanview room as a credit towards a Junior Suite. Told on repeated occasions that this would not be a problem. When time came to make the transaction, I was told that the rules had changed and even though I had a valid quote it would not be honored. After an extended amount of time on hold and then finally talking to a "supervisor" I was told that they would honor the previous agreement as a combination of credit to my card and onboard credit. Problem solved? Not so fast!

Six weeks later and still no credit back to my card (the 125,000 points however, were deducted immediately). Called back and after another 45 minutes or so with a different "supervisor" was told that the previous offer was also "in error" and would not be honored. I was given the choice of either taking a cruise credit of about 1/2 the original offer or rebooking the cruise at more than double the original fare! Asked for a supervisor of supervisors and after another 15 minutes on hold was told they would "review the file", make a decision and call me back ... IN A WEEK OR SO!

Steer well clear of this card. No fee. Double points on RCCL expenses. Sign up bonus points. All sounds great, but only if you can actually use the points. Plenty of other better credit card choices out there than having to put up with this kind of hassle!

Tried to redeem 125,000 miles for the value of an oceanview room as a credit towards a Junior Suite. Told on repeated occasions that this would not be a problem. When time came to make the transaction, I was told that the rules had changed and even though I had a valid quote it would not be honored. After an extended amount of time on hold and then finally talking to a "supervisor" I was told that they would honor the previous agreement as a combination of credit to my card and onboard credit. Problem solved? Not so fast!

Six weeks later and still no credit back to my card (the 125,000 points however, were deducted immediately). Called back and after another 45 minutes or so with a different "supervisor" was told that the previous offer was also "in error" and would not be honored. I was given the choice of either taking a cruise credit of about 1/2 the original offer or rebooking the cruise at more than double the original fare! Asked for a supervisor of supervisors and after another 15 minutes on hold was told they would "review the file", make a decision and call me back ... IN A WEEK OR SO!

Steer well clear of this card. No fee. Double points on RCCL expenses. Sign up bonus points. All sounds great, but only if you can actually use the points. Plenty of other better credit card choices out there than having to put up with this kind of hassle!

I know you are new but you dug up an 5 year old thread that no longer applies.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
I know you are new but you dug up an 5 year old thread that no longer applies.:eek:

I have searched this thread trying to figure out how to redeem points - since you say this thread no longer applies, do you know or can you re-direct me to where to find out how to redeem points from the Bank of America Royal Caribbean card to onboard credit or other items? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Cindy