San Pedro Hotels

Thumper69

What hotels would anyone suggest to stay at. Do any of them overlook the port? Would love to wake up and see the ship.

Thanks

Anthony

I personaly would rather stay in Long Beach, I don't like any of the choices in San Pedro.

It is only a short cab ride to the pier. :)

August last year we stayed at the Crowne Plaza, San Pedro. Just a couple of minutes 'free hotel shuttle' from Princess Terminal. We had 3 nights there, precruise on last voyage of Regal Princess, to Sydney, Australia.

Nice hotel, good pool, decent rooms and staff and prices, with good eating place within and nearby. Also a free harbour cruise on the Thursday night, with drinks and nibbles for hotel guests.

Catch the bus outside hotel to Long Beach, to see Queen Mary etc. Did all that. I thought San Pedro was a cute little place, maritime museum, port'o'call shopping village and all.

Enjoy.!:p

Crowne Plaza is closest to shops and restaurants in Downtown and Port's O Call Village. Doubletree is a very nice hotel but is in a remote area with very little within walking distance.

Welcome to San Peeedro!!!

What hotels would anyone suggest to stay at. Do any of them overlook the port? Would love to wake up and see the ship.

Thanks

Anthony

Hey THUMPER!

There's really only 2 choices in San Pedro: CROWNE PLAZA and DOUBLETREE.

Both are nice hotels. CP is closer to the cruiseport. With a higher level room, you can see the terminal. DoubleTree is about 5 minutes away on the Marina.

I've stayed at both and can recommend both, but we preferred the location of the Crowne Plaza better, as it is within walking distance of the port, restaurants, and entertainment.

HAVE FUN!

:)

we have enjoyed the 3 times we have stayed at the doubletree. It doesnt look over the port, but does have some nice harbor view rooms. A good breakfast, parking during the cruise and a shuttle to and from the ship. Its a short drive or ride to ports o call. All in all a very enjoyable hotel and we cant wait to get back in January

Hey fellow San Diegan,

Did you book on PL or did you do the park & cruise package?

I did the PL and got a good rate - I am driving up from SD and am a little concerned about the cost to leave my car there while I am on the cruise.

Tom

Hey fellow San Diegan,

Did you book on PL or did you do the park & cruise package?

I did the PL and got a good rate - I am driving up from SD and am a little concerned about the cost to leave my car there while I am on the cruise.

Tom

CP has underground valet parking. They charge about the same as the port parking, maybe a little less last year. Nancy

The parking is FREE at Doubletree for the length of your cruise. I've parked there three times in the past prior to taking a cruise. Safe and well-lt lot. We'll be parking there again in April of next year. The DT staff assured me it will still be complimentary. So I booked directly with the hotel with their lowest rate (NOT the park and sail package. We don't need champagne or the buffet.)

Any first hand knowledge about parking at the DT - I booked it on PL. I did NOT get the park & cruise package.

Tom

As I have expressed on other threads, I have nothing against the Crowne Plaza, having stayed at both I really do prefer the DTI for its park or resort like setting. You can stay in CP type location in many places but in my view the DTI is something special.

Been out of town, so late to the party here...

Click on these thread/links for actual pictures and info on each hotel

Crowne Plaza

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984

If you stay high enough on the East Side you can overlook the ship (look for my pics with the actual view)

DoubleTree

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=602015

Both are good for different reasons. Crowne Plaza is good to overlook the port, and to have a lot of little shops and restaurants in a small walking area.

DoubleTree is good if you want more serene setting with boats and a small beach nearby.

Enjoy!

Archived