Monarch Category I

no there not,several are nearly obstruction free, some cc members have a chart of which ones are best,i dont though...i can tell you i stayed in 8584 a couple months ago and it was obstruction free,although kinda musically noisy at night(boleros underneath us):)

i would do a cat I again no problem for the price;)

dave

Are all staterooms obstructed view or just a few? Planning a Valentines cruise for parents.

Certain cabins on deck 8(marked with dots) are not obstructed......stay closer to the elevators, and the noise will not be a problem.

Dave

2744539470042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Deck 9 is not?

Just wondering because we have one 9044 anyone have a chart of the 9th deck? ;)

Im not comparing deck 9 (SOV) to other OVs.....

Just compare deck 9 to the deck plan of 8.....you can figure out where the lifeboats are............but the cabins on deck 9 are bigger with more storage............the obstruction is the top of the lifeboat......not a big deal to me.

Deck 5 is also unobstructed and was my favorite. We were right next to the elevator and it was convenient to everything, but very quiet.

Yea,but cabins on deck 8 are cheaper then deck 5......and you can get unobstructed views too...........thats why I sy the ones on deck 8 are the best OV value

Why do you think that cabin would be noisy??? You only have to worry about your neighbors(if they would be noisy)

well, 8584 which is right down the hall was musically noisy at night,so perhaps that is why they were concerned. personally it didnt bother me too much,but some people it might drive crazy:(

i say go and enjoy, for the price its all worth it;)

dave

DS and I stayed above Bolero's in a cat. I on Sovereign last year, I hadn't realized what we were above until we tried to go to bed somewhat early (DS was 11) and the music flowed up from below. Duh! Now I know why that room was available for a relatively late booking (last one available in the category, 8078). We'll be in 8038 next to the elevator next month on Monarch.

That said, I agree completely with the "best value" proposition presented in this thread. To "upgrade" from deck 8 would drop you down to deck 2. It was 2 easy flights of stairs, no elevator waiting to get to the pool deck and spa and windjammer, which is where DS and I did all of our meals on our casual "boys cruise". We're using a "free cruise" reward from RCI Visa card for this upcoming Monarch cruise, and so all we pay are the taxes, port fees (and fuel surcharge applicable when we booked). On other cruises have used "free cruise" awards but applied the credit toward a more expensive category, but given that the "lowest" available oceanview category is all the way up on deck 8, this is a wonderful value.

Actually Bolero's is below deck 8 on deck 7, and people have reported hearing the music from there in the deck 8 cabins below. Try to pick a cabin near the elevators or more forward if possible.

Here is a picture of the view out of 8560......

2950678640101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

There were no I cabin availible for the Feb 13. sailing on Monarch. The room I selected was F1 cabin 6596. Is this a decent cabin or should i move the cabin?

Good choice. You should be very happy there. :) (this is the so-called "tween deck". It does not run the length of the ship - it's just on the front half. You can only get there from the forward stairs and elevators. It's just a half flight of stairs up from Lattétudes and Ben & Jerry's and the shops.)

There were no I cabin availible for the Feb 13. sailing on Monarch. The room I selected was F1 cabin 6596. Is this a decent cabin or should i move the cabin?

6596 is a good location. You may hear people walking above on the Promenade deck, but it was not loud enough to bother us, when we stayed on 6.

well, 8584 which is right down the hall was musically noisy at night,so perhaps that is why they were concerned. personally it didnt bother me too much,but some people it might drive crazy:(

i say go and enjoy, for the price its all worth it;)

dave

Keep in mind that there are lounges right below much of deck 8;)If you are going deck 8 stay forward.

Actually Bolero's is below deck 8 on deck 7, and people have reported hearing the music from there in the deck 8 cabins below. Try to pick a cabin near the elevators or more forward if possible.

Here is a picture of the view out of 8560......

2950678640101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

We have this room booked for our Feb. Monarch cruise. Did you have a problem with noise from Boleros?

Archived