Best place to kill time-Miami airport or Miami port?

rubybc62

My flight gets in at 8 am. and I assume check in for my NCL cruise is around noon. Where is the most comfortable place to pass the time? The airport or the port?

I have been to neither of these and need to decide how soon to grab a cab to the port. thanks.

There is nothing at the port. Take your time at the airport , maybe have a light breakfast and leave there at 10:30 and head to the port. Your room won't be ready, so make your carry-on easy to cart around on the ship while you wait for the room.

you could hang around Bayside Market for a couple of hrs..alot

of shops and restraunts..then catch a $10 cab to the pier when

time get s close..

And what to do with their luggage? The ship won't accept their luggage that early. Doesn't work.

Like I said, hang out at the airport..... Only other choice is drive around in a cab and sort of tour the area. At least you'd have your luggage with you.

There is nothing at the port. Take your time at the airport , maybe have a light breakfast and leave there at 10:30 and head to the port. Your room won't be ready, so make your carry-on easy to cart around on the ship while you wait for the room.

I agree. Nothing at the port of Miami, however there are many restaurants and shops on the second floor at MIA. Take your time there and do not get to early to the Port, as they will not let you board the ship until around 11:30 to noon time depending on departure time.

Hang out at the airport. Their are a variety of shops outside of security. It is a great place to people watch and plenty of places to get a cup of coffee or a bite to eat. Last year, I actually bought my souvenirs at the airport for my parents before our cruise;).

We have seen lots of cruisers the morning of the cruise at Bayside with their luggage. Only disadvantage is that you have no place for your luggage but if you don't mind just sitting with it and taking turns, etc., shopping, it would work but it's the same option at the airport just a much better view at Bayside! You would have two cab fares and cabs are easily accessible right at the main entrance of Bayside.

IMO, Bayside isn't all that. I don't think there will be much happening on the morning of a cruise; it's much more lively at night. Stores open at 10:00 am - by then, it's almost time to go to the Pier.

I vote for staying at the airport and just hanging a while... the time will pass quickly enough, and soon you will be on your way. :)

Have a fun cruise.

Archived